Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

There is a wizard out called Ares which you can use to install builds addons and repos easily. It was down last night for maintenance but looks decent

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

If I install Android on the Wetek play with a micro SD card, I presume the micro SD has to be left in the Wetek while in use? Can the remaining space on the SD card be used for storing media? I need to get an SD card for installing Android and will get one with more storage if I can use it for adding films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Use a USB drive for media. It can be a flash drive or a full external hard drive.

walshy_c wrote: »
    If I install Android on the Wetek play with a micro SD card, I presume the micro SD has to be left in the Wetek while in use? Can the remaining space on the SD card be used for storing media? I need to get an SD card for installing Android and will get one with more storage if I can use it for adding films.

You can't run android from SD it has to be installed to NAND.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

I disagree about installing builds, theres a lot more to a build than just the addons, I don't have time to go removing crap / dead filehosts, sorting host priorities, removing dead addons and finding new or better ones. Its way faster for me to install a build and remove the addons and repositories I don't want.

The beast is dead by the way Chris Blower has quit.

I was using the beast, but I will have to switch to something else now.

Is there a decent build that shows you the latest shows released that are in your library. So when you add it to the library it automatically shows the latest content on your home screen on a widget?

I've had to set this up myself for any builds I use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

the skin aeon nox silvo mod will do that

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This group buy is definitely finished now folks, had a few issues with agreed price this morning when I went to pay for them was a bit dearer that my normal price, was told that any future orders would also now be more expensive. Wasn't given any reason why thou. Also the current price I had had built in shipping costs and that was included in the unit price it added approx €1 to each one but today they also wanted an additional €90 on top of my agreed price which by my understanding already included a delivery charge.(they didn't get it from me btw)

Anyway, I'm finished with them now, and besides with over 250 gotten here already on boards, I reckon most that wanted one has now got theirs.

Oh and this last group buy is now on the way, when they show up on TNT website I'll let ye know approx delivery dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Possibly felt you must be shifting them fairly quickly due to the increasing frequency and size of your orders.

Probably thought that you were making a handy margin and that they could squeeze you a bit.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Trevord wrote: »
    Possibly felt you must be shifting them fairly quickly due to the increasing frequency and size of your orders.

Probably thought that you were making a handy margin and that they could squeeze you a bit.

Possibly, but they are aware of this thread and knew how little the margins were on them. It's fine now anyway as this was always going to my last group buy, unless they bring out some super new upgrade that we'll all jump on then:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Possibly, but they are aware of this thread and knew how little the margins were on them. It's fine now anyway as this was always going to my last group buy, unless they bring out some super new upgrade that we'll all jump on then:D

There's always new coming :)
    I don't get their train of thought though. There is no way most of the sales on this thread would have happened without the group buy.

I mean, they have no idea if you planned on doing another group buy, and I'm guessing you were paying around the reseller price.
    They could have just said no to 100 more :confused:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

Just seen this on the wetek forum ...

"... we are happy to announce that from today OpenPLi Foundation started with official support of WeTek Play. This practicaly means that from today You can install official OpenPLi Enigma 2 Image on your WeTek Play"

https://wetek.com/blog/view/49/offic...for-wetek-play

It just gets better and better ..

Time for a group buy of E2 RCUs hahaha

"... we are happy to announce that from today OpenPLi Foundation started with official support of WeTek Play. This practicaly means that from today You can install official OpenPLi Enigma 2 Image on your WeTek Play"

Is it really that bad with the wetek remote? Or can you get by? I'll install it to see for myself but on a related note why has no one told me about Lakka , the time spent dicking around trying to get kodi working with an emulator when I could have just stuck that on an SD card :eek:

SO thats what 6 OS now, lot of love for wetek it seems in the community, looks like we backed a winner here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Is it really that bad with the wetek remote? Or can you get by? I'll install it to see for myself but on a related note why has no one told me about Lakka , the time spent dicking around trying to get kodi working with an emulator when I could have just stuck that on an SD card :eek:

SO thats what 6 OS now, lot of love for wetek it seems in the community, looks like we backed a winner here.

using the openelec remote here fine on openatv
    does stick every so often but not alot

GY A1 wrote:
    using the openelec remote here fine on openatv does stick every so often but not alot

Not so good for me, it flies through the lists a lot of the time, very frustrating

Not so good for me, it flies through the lists a lot of the time, very frustrating

Does that for me on Kodi too so I'm used to it :D

Does that for me on Kodi too so I'm used to it

Haven't really messed around too much with kodi yet so I can't say but it annoys the life out of me..

Another gripe I have is the audio sync issues on certain satellite channels. I am told it's not the channels and it's the box. I seem another thread where someone said audio sync issues can be caused by the quality of the msd card. Mine is a Toshiba 16gb class 10 so I would have thought that was OK...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Another gripe I have is the audio sync issues on certain satellite channels. I am told it's not the channels and it's the box. I seem another thread where someone said audio sync issues can be caused by the quality of the msd card. Mine is a Toshiba 16gb class 10 so I would have thought that was OK...?

More likely to be TV refresh rate related etc. I would think. Does pausing for a few seconds and starting again fix the sync, other things to try changing the refresh and sync methods in

Kodi > System > Settings > Video > Playback:

- Adjust display refresh rate to match video
    - Sync playback to display
    - A/V sync method

More likely to be TV refresh rate related etc. I would think. Does pausing for a few seconds and starting again fix the sync, other things to try changing the refresh and sync methods in

Kodi > System > Settings > Video > Playback:

- Adjust display refresh rate to match video - Sync playback to display - A/V sync method

This issue is in enigma2 openatv mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I've not seen the issue with anyone else other than you. Are you sure its not something you've set up wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

This is excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Reboot the box when this happens, its kodi buffering that causes this

This issue is in enigma2 openatv mate

Havn't had a dish for years there was an lipsync plugin for dreambox not sure if thats relevant anymore...

Actually found it on github: https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2-plugins/tree/master/audiosync

Havn't had a dish for years there was an lipsync plugin for dreambox not sure if thats relevant anymore...

Actually found it on github:

I've already installed the audio sync plugin in openatv but hasn't fixed the issue.

I don't know what I could have installed wrong to be making this happen?

Just to clarify I am not running kodi I am running enigma2 openatv from a msd card

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

see this post

your not alone

Thanks for that.

Doesn't look like they got to the bottom of it. I was planning on going home this evening and trying pbnigma but it looks like that guy had same issues with pbnigma.

So I'm confused, what is the solution here, new image, new sd card, new sat box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Try a new image,I'm using OpenATV dated the 29/01/2016 and not getting audio sync,its either that or I'm blind lol

Would it be a better move to try OpenPLI as this is an official Wetek image?

http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/26882/official-openpli-topic-wetek#latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Its a very widely reported problem on forums and even in this thread a few pages back.. no solution it unfortunately apart from use the E2 remote..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/26882/official-openpli-topic-wetek#latest

Beta version, maybe give them a few weeks to iron out bugs.

So is OpenATV and PBEnigma m8,try it or PBEnigma and see if it sorts it

If you read on to the last page they have not yet got the openelec remote working correctly with the openpli image.
    It is likely to be the most promising and stable image overtime as it is offically endorsed by the wetek developers themselves and they are liasing directly with openpli team on all bugs

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Just out of curiosity, what do you get with Openpli/Openatv/pbenigma and such over a stock Wetek running Kodi/TVheadend? Is it just a better UI for TV, or more features/etc.?

wiz569 wrote: »
    So is OpenATV and PBEnigma m8,try it or PBEnigma and see if it sorts it

Are you sure that the other 2 images are actually being supported like openpli for wetek? I was of the impression from reading annoucements that openpli was only one getting offical wetek developer support.

I am not 100% sure on this topic so will bow to anybody elses knowledge on it..

tommycahir wrote: »
    Are you sure that the other 2 images are actually being supported like openpli for wetek? I was of the impression from reading annoucements that openpli was only one getting offical wetek developer support.

I am not 100% sure on this topic so will bow to anybody elses knowledge on it..

Well they are developed and posted/hosted on the relevant Official forums,that's all I'm going by

• Advertisement

Try a new image,I'm using OpenATV dated the 29/01/2016 and not getting audio sync,its either that or I'm blind lol

Just about to try that version of openatv and downloaded it to discover its the one I am actually using:(

Head is destroyed again...:confused:

Just about to try that version of openatv and downloaded it to discover its the one I am actually using:(

Head is destroyed again...:confused:

Maybe try PBEnigma?

trying to at the moment but cant get the coloured buttons on the remote to work. I have changed the RCU to Wetek Openelec already...??

its been said before but these images are a work in progress and there are issues with the updates,
    some updates or new images are worse than previous with issues same as ur self with sound ect,
    as said previously you may need to revert back to an older working image release,
    im using one from december
    and at least its running smooth

its been said before but these images are a work in progress and there are issues with the updates,
    some updates or new images are worse than previous with issues same as ur self with sound ect,
    as said previously you may need to revert back to an older working image release,
    im using one from december
    and at least its running smooth

• Advertisement

trying to at the moment but cant get the coloured buttons on the remote to work. I have changed the RCU to Wetek Openelec already...??

Also change keymap

Also change keymap

To what? I only see options for different languages and dreambox...

Trying an older version now, hopefully this works

To what? I only see options for different languages and dreambox...

Trying an older version now, hopefully this works

Should be a different section for Keymap m8 I'm sure,I think your in input or keyboard section

There is, its keyboard. A simple search will find you most answers.

Anyone know how to active oscam in pbnigma?

Ive downloaded the one I want but I cannot find the softcam manager anywhere?

Cant find the answer on Google either.

go to plugins, powerboard manager i think its called.

My PBenigma is playing up after an update and cant for the life of me get it to reboot, stuck on the loading screen.

Will probably use OPENPLI next, will definitely be trying android when i get a chance.

go to plugins, powerboard manager i think its called.

My PBenigma is playing up after an update and cant for the life of me get it to reboot, stuck on the loading screen.

Will probably use OPENPLI next, will definitely be trying android when i get a chance.

Pbnigma seems worse than openatv. Some of yne channels that were working perfectly on openatv were having audio sync issues on pbnigma.

I installed an old version of pbnigma from November so don't know if that's what caused it.

I'm new to all this so no other box to compare to but it seems the wetek is hard to get right.

I've been reading on the wetek forum that wetek didn't design the architecture to work with enigma2 but are working in the background to try make enigma2 work so this could be why people are having such issues.

I could be wrong though...

Pbnigma seems worse than openatv. Some of yne channels that were working perfectly on openatv were having audio sync issues on pbnigma.

I installed an old version of pbnigma from November so don't know if that's what caused it.

I'm new to all this so no other box to compare to but it seems the wetek is hard to get right.

I've been reading on the wetek forum that wetek didn't design the software architecture to work with enigma2 but are working in the background to try make enigma2 work so this could be why people are having such issues.

I could be wrong though...

The fact that others here aren't having issues though it could be that your tv is doing some odd refresh rate or hdmi negotiation has gone haywire. Worth trying to plug it into another tv or computer monitor. I'm sceptical on the sd card theory but it might be worth doing a speed check on your class 10 card there are tons of fakes around.

The fact that others here aren't having issues though it could be that your tv is doing some odd refresh rate or hdmi negotiation has gone haywire. Worth trying to plug it into another tv or computer monitor. I'm sceptical on the cd card theory but it might be worth doing a speed check on your class 10 card there are tons of fakes around.

You could well be right but the problem is there are so many different variables that it's hard to know what to try next. The hours are flying by trying different things and reading non stop on the net

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement