Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Ya some of the updates are very bad
    RossieMan wrote: »
    go to plugins, powerboard manager i think its called.

My PBenigma is playing up after an update and cant for the life of me get it to reboot, stuck on the loading screen.

Will probably use OPENPLI next, will definitely be trying android when i get a chance.

For pbnigma 1/12/15 was good or there is a stable alt version think it's 16/1/16
    Told u earlier enigma2 is still being worked on
    That's why they saying to use it on an sd card and not bother putting on nand til it's stable !

Pbnigma seems worse than openatv. Some of yne channels that were working perfectly on openatv were having audio sync issues on pbnigma.

I installed an old version of pbnigma from November so don't know if that's what caused it.

I'm new to all this so no other box to compare to but it seems the wetek is hard to get right.

I've been reading on the wetek forum that wetek didn't design the architecture to work with enigma2 but are working in the background to try make enigma2 work so this could be why people are having such issues.

I could be wrong though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

No one got coloured keys working on Enigma image with normal remote? Ive ordered enigma2 remote but am impatient cause i cant install plugins :mad:

Edit : just found an option to change remote settings but it crashed the box when I changed will have to reflash me thinks

No offense lads, but seeing as this is the BA for the boxes, should this discussion not be taken to the tips 'n tricks thread? It's a nightmare waiting for updates on the group order and getting notifications of new posts from people who already have a box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Is this the correct connection for dvb-t / dvb-c? (See image attached)

http://s15.postimg.org/8nls67fgb/IMG_20160203_181856_1454523650235.jpg

Or did I get the wrong box?

I'm just not sure since its different to my cable connection I'm trying to hook up to it.

Or do I need an adapter? This is first cable box I've bought. I usually deal with dvbs tuners

No offense lads, but seeing as this is the BA for the boxes, should this discussion not be taken to the tips 'n tricks thread? It's a nightmare waiting for updates on the group order and getting notifications of new posts from people who already have a box.

some people asking the same questions in 2-3 threads including here and android also lol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

How is the group order going aquos

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

How is the group order going aquos

You must be telepathic, I'm in the middle of sending out email updates since 8pm, have about 25 left to send, they'll be sent in next hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

eamonnq wrote: »
    Thanks Aquos for doing this, got mine and just need time to start playing around with it now.

I think any of the 'help' questions would be better asked on the other thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057531921

or people could have a read over it and see if their questions have already been answered there.

They just won't listen!! The worst part of it is if you come across something that might be helpful, you have to search through 2 or 3 threads to find it!!:D

• Advertisement

Right so, everyone should have had an email from me now asking you to confirm that the details I have for you are correct, All going well these will be with me on Friday morning and with the help of my three kids:D, we'll have them packaged up and sent back out on Friday afternoon, so hopefully ye will start to receive them then by Saturday afternoon.

I will then be asking the mods to maybe close this thread as its just getting way to messy as people have already said. If someone else wants to do a group buy at another time, then I suggest a new thread should be opened.

The lads on here went to the bother of setting up a dedicated thread for these wetek's that's really where all the questions should be asked to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 anthony gggg

Hi. I didn't receive an email to confirm.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Right so, everyone should have had an email from me now asking you to confirm that the details I have for you are correct, All going well these will be with me on Friday morning and with the help of my three kids:D, we'll have them packaged up and sent back out on Friday afternoon, so hopefully ye will start to receive them then by Saturday afternoon.

I will then be asking the mods to maybe close this thread as its just getting way to messy as people have already said. If someone else wants to do a group buy at another time, then I suggest a new thread should be opened.

The lads on here went to the bother of setting up a dedicated thread for these wetek's that's really where all the questions should be asked to be honest.

Hi I didn't receive an email.

Can you send me an email please and I'll cross reference your email address with your payment details again.

I found you, the mail was in my outbox, it never went to you, sorry about that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

can I ask whats the difference between having one of these boxes and instead just downloading Kodi to your laptop? Are the boxes primarily so you can stream to tv or do they offer some additional features? Also does Kodi from a laptop work with chromecast, if so do you lose much picture quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Basically they are much easier to use for all the family and also their electricity use is much lower than a having a laptop running all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Basically they are much easier to use for all the family and also their electricity use is much lower than a having a laptop running all day.

And you can run regular apps like BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, All 4, Demand 5. UK TV, TV Player, Zattoo, Film On, Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Netflix, etc. etc. plus the unmentionable ones,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

And you can run regular apps like BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, All 4, Demand 5. UK TV, TV Player, Zattoo, Film On, Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Netflix, etc. etc. plus the unmentionable ones,

how u get netflix that add on wont work for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

how u get netflix that add on wont work for me
    Flashing it with Android means Play Store = Netflix..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

I am going to use this box primarily for kodi and u have it set up on openelec and it's running smoothly. However I would like to have Netflix app also so my understanding is I would need to install android to NAND to install the Netflix app.

Question is would kodi run as smoothly on Android as it does on openelec?

I was watching 1080p streams last night perfectly, something that I couldn't do on my old MX android box

• Advertisement

read back a page been answered about 10 times now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Anyone want to weigh in on how good this is?

I am going to use this box primarily for kodi and u have it set up on openelec and it's running smoothly. However I would like to have Netflix app also so my understanding is I would need to install android to NAND to install the Netflix app.

Question is would kodi run as smoothly on Android as it does on openelec?

I was watching 1080p streams last night perfectly, something that I couldn't do on my old MX android box

As smoothly? I don't know. I couldn't live with Openelec for long enough to know the difference.

No problems running 1080p streams in Kodi on Android, though.

Liam O wrote: »
    Anyone want to weigh in on how good this is?

It's fine for what it is. Personally, I'd spend a bit more for something that has a bit better specs.

Basil3 wrote: »
    As smoothly? I don't know. I couldn't live with Openelec for long enough to know the difference.

No problems running 1080p streams in Kodi on Android, though.

What didnt you like about OpenELEC?

I havnt really used it for anything else but Kodi

What didnt you like about OpenELEC?

I havnt really used it for anything else but Kodi

I had no problem with it, but missed my Android apps. On top of that, my family all have Android devices and are very used to certain Android apps. I was fighting a losing battle getting them to use Openelec. My other half doesn't like using Kodi either. Thinks it's too complicated and doesn't offer anything that she can't get through other means.

I did get it set up with tvheadend, but only with UK fta channels, which I can already get through my various sky boxes.

Just to confirm again to those involved in this group buy, ye have already paid for PM shipping so therefore you won't be charged again by Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Where do people get 1080 streams?

Mine always say, High, medium or low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Salts. Its the only one to use.

I keep getting a db error with salts. Has happened more than once, on more than one box.

• Advertisement

Never once had any issues. Must be the repository you downloading it from.

Never once had any issues. Must be the repository you downloading it from.

Yeah, will have a look. It works for a while, but eventually get a message about requiring db migration.

That what I use alright. But how do you know prior to clicking in that the stream will be 1080 or 720 etc?

It should say high, medium,low, 720, 1080p etc in the links.

It should say high, medium,low, 720, 1080p etc in the links.

It does. I was just wondering because I watched Scicro the other not on a medium RDB server and the quality was much better than the majority of the high RDB links.

Install Paradox build. It's the **** :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭tomslick

I highly recommend getting the Enigma 2 remote. Its €10 and is here in a week. If you are planning to use an E2 image it saves lots of heartbreak. The standard remote doesn't work well in E2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

tomslick wrote: »
    I highly recommend getting the Enigma 2 remote. Its €10 and is here in a week. If you are planning to use an E2 image it saves lots of heartbreak. The standard remote doesn't work well in E2.

I ordered on Tuesday and it arrived today!! Unreal service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Batesy wrote: »

Where did yous get them from?

Where did yous get them from?

Wetek.com

€9.89

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Can you send me an email please and I'll cross reference your email address with your payment details again.

I found you, the mail was in my outbox, it never went to you, sorry about that :)

No bother, All sorted now. Cheers!!!!!

BF59CF67-DCBC-40D6-BF4D-B89893F087CC_zpsh1qijbfc.jpg

Final stage before been brought out to Nightline where they'll enter into the Parcel Motel system then :)

All done and dusted, dropped off to Nightline in last half hour also. Will be up with ParcelMotel in the morning and should start appearing in Dublin lockers from tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

Batesy wrote: »

ordered mine wednesday @ 1:46 and Ljubjana -> Leige > Dublin -> my front door 12:57 Thursday and TNT delivery

That said openpli works fine with OE RCU now

• Advertisement

ordered mine wednesday @ 1:46 and Ljubjana -> Leige > Dublin -> my front door 12:57 Thursday and TNT delivery

That said openpli works fine with OE RCU now

Is that via the premium shipping or the free shipping method?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

well now that they are nearly here , could someone point me to a guide as to the setup and various options / capabilities of the satellite one.

The only thing i have really messed about with is an apple tv 2 , running kodi

Thanks in advance, don't want to clog up the thread with too many questions :)

2smiggy wrote: »
    well now that they are nearly here , could someone point me to a guide as to the setup and various options / capabilities of the satellite one.

The only thing i have really messed about with is an apple tv 2 , running kodi

Thanks in advance, don't want to clog up the thread with too many questions :)

There's loads of information online, and this thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057531921

There's a guy who has uploaded his complete setup of PBnigma. It's a whopping 14.8GB so you would need a 16GB SD.
    I intend to give it a go during the week when I get my hands on the Wetek + SD card.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to his page?

There's a guy who has uploaded his complete setup of PBnigma. It's a whopping 14.8GB so you would need a 16GB SD.
    I intend to give it a go during the week when I get my hands on the Wetek + SD card.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to his page?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement