Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Collected mine, so I now have the 2 of them to annoy myself with!! Thanks again Aquos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Got mine today..
    Thanks again for running the group buys Aquos :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just to clarify incase anyone thinks I got some mixed up, I didn't :), the two users who thought they had received the wrong one did so on the basis they had both gotten a 3 pin plug adaptor included in their parcel. They weren't aware the adaptor I was referring to was actually the f-connector to coax adaptor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Just to clarify incase anyone thinks I got some mixed up, I didn't :), the two users who thought they had received the wrong one did so on the basis they had both gotten a 3 pin plug adaptor included in their parcel. They weren't aware the adaptor I was referring to was actually the f-connector to coax adaptor.

I had a feeling but didnt want to say it lol

All's well that ends well m8 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 theeliminator

Got the box today, thanks a mil Aquos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

where is the cheapest place to get the sat box. besides a group buy. Aquos76 said 83 euro to me, but when i go to wetek site its €129.89.
    even without the tuner its just over a 100.
    unless you meant some else Aquos76.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

where is the cheapest place to get the sat box. besides a group buy. Aquos76 said 83 euro to me, but when i go to wetek site its €129.89.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Monkeynut wrote: »

thanks

http://openelec.tv/openelec-box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mine arrived in PM last night. Unfortunately I can't collect tonight but will pop down after work tomorrow and get it.

Thanks again Aquos !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I got mine earlier today as well, fantastic service Aquos, you're a credit to Boards!

Now off to do a bit of tinkering.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Thanks Aquos collected mine today now just to get them set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Thanks Aquos, mime arrived in Glanmire earlier.

Box is not seeing any tuners listed in the Tvheadend Web interface so hopefully it's a config thing rather than a dodgy piece of hardware. If anyone has encountered this issue and resolved it please let me know.

Off to the support forums I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Thanks Aquos, mime arrived in Glanmire earlier.

Box is not seeing any tuners listed in the Tvheadend Web interface so hopefully it's a config thing rather than a dodgy piece of hardware. If anyone has encountered this issue and resolved it please let me know.

Off to the support forums I go.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057531921

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

GY A1 wrote: »

That's giving me a 404, maybe because I'm on mobile. Will check when at a desktop tomorrow. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 anthony gggg

Cheers Aquas collected mine today. Unfortunately haven't a clue how to set it up. I have a sky dish, any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Look at Google. There is a thread here for it.

There is no noob guide for this box, its not a plug and play as had been said 100 times now.

Itll require a bit of knowhow to set up.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Look at Google. There is a thread here for it.

There is no noob guide for this box, its not a plug and play as had been said 100 times now.

Itll require a bit of knowhow to set up.

+1 and that knowhow is usually the 1st hit on google :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks Aqous, mine landed safe and sound. Fair play to you, a lot of work and feck all pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 anthony gggg

Box is frozen, is there anyway to reboot it.?????

GY A1 wrote: »

Looks like they have gone up to €99 now, so we really did get a bargain at €63 all in. And to the user who said I said €83 to you, I'm sure I would have said €63 in a group buy or €89.99 direct from wetek on your own. I've no idea wher the figure of €83 came from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Looks like they have gone up to €99 now, so we really did get a bargain at €63 all in. And to the user who said I said €83 to you, I'm sure I would have said €63 in a group buy or €89.99 direct from wetek on your own. I've no idea wher the figure of €83 came from.

still €89 http://webshop.openelec.tv/shop/wetek-openelec-box-with-dvb-s2-tuner

foggy_lad wrote: »

Ah, I never clicked on the actual link, I just saw €99 beside it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

In all fairness im quite surprised really that these 'tv box sets/android box sets' require quite a bit of knowledge... Even more than the nitty gritty of pc's!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

In all fairness im quite surprised really that these 'tv box sets/android box sets' require quite a bit of knowledge... Even more than the nitty gritty of pc's!!!
    There's a new(ish) one out that requires no knowledge.

Plug it in, attach cables to tuner(s) and just open required viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

swear i must have a faulty box i have been trying all night to watch diff links and none of them work or they time out im using 100mg wifi and on kodi and thats all i use it for, and have only ever been able to watch one movie on it, is it something i havent done? or is it just faulty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Big thanks to Aquos76 - absolute gent. Arrived in PM on Saturday evening, picked up Saturday evening, up and running within 5 minutes :D

Initial impressions - They are a fantastic little box. I think they've done a great job with their WeOS (android+skin). RTE player is sh**e on them but I gather that is the same on any (most) android device (hit and miss basically) so the Wetec isn't at fault :D [shakes fist at RTE]

I know lots of people are modding them and so forth which is fine (and having varied experiences) but out of the box (openelec) or with their android OS variant - the boxes themselves are fabulous. Lots of fun and entertainment for the future.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

I added superepo (http://srp.nu) and enabled isengard but I found that superrepo is not officially supported repo by wetek openelec ...I was able to add bbc pod cast just to check...it worked but it hung after some time so I restarted t;wetek boxafter re-start I see the screen with Kodi v15.2 isengard and the screen freezes..

Is there a factory reset (I haven’t done anything yet so it would be ok) or do I need to re-install the openelec ?
    Thx

Newport81 wrote: »
    swear i must have a faulty box i have been trying all night to watch diff links and none of them work or they time out im using 100mg wifi and on kodi and thats all i use it for, and have only ever been able to watch one movie on it, is it something i havent done? or is it just faulty?

You might be using an old version of an addon maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

I don't know ..but now I am not able to use the menu options or anything since the screen freezes with 'Kodi v15.2 Isengard' message. I am just wondering is there a way to get the wetek back to working mode?

• Advertisement

kpn wrote: »
    I don't know ..but now I am not able to use the menu options or anything since the screen freezes with 'Kodi v15.2 Isengard' message. I am just wondering is there a way to get the wetek back to working mode?

I think some people mentioned it could be an issue with superuser

This thread is the one if you want help with the box

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Just wanted to say big thanks to Aquos, picked up on Sunday no bother, sound little box, kicking meself I didn't order 2. Shame Acestream isn't supported on it, tried plexus and raspi2 install but no luck.

Big thanks again to Aquos stellar work fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Newport81 wrote: »

Have you got parental controls running on router, virgin or are you running opendns family something likenthat. Possible ISP may have blocked some of the sources. What addon are you using to watch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Many thanks to Aquos76 for arranging all of this! Really appreciate it :)

Can confirm I got the correct satellite version also, so I think that must be all present and correct accounted for now.

Just picked up mine this evening and have just tried turning it on, however there's something wrong somewhere as its not turning on at all.

Used a multimeter to check the power lead with Ac/dc adaptor and its not getting any current or power at all.

Anyone else have issues?

Morby wrote: »
    Many thanks to Aquos76 for arranging all of this! Really appreciate it :)

Can confirm I got the correct satellite version also, so I think that must be all present and correct accounted for now.

Just picked up mine this evening and have just tried turning it on, however there's something wrong somewhere as its not turning on at all.

Used a multimeter to check the power lead with Ac/dc adaptor and its not getting any current or power at all.

Anyone else have issues?

The plug adaptor that came with it can be dodgy.

Basil3 wrote: »
    The plug adaptor that came with it can be dodgy.

Thanks, good to know it's not just me then!

I was thinking it would be just my luck to get the one dud out of the 250+ that's been ordered.

Plug adaptor is definitely DOA , no power or current passing through it at all. Dead as a dodo.

• Advertisement

Just tried another adaptor from another device I have, I'm now getting an orange solid light on the front of the box. Still not working though. Can't get it to power on at all.

Remote seems to be working fine, so its not that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Big thanks to Aquos76 - absolute gent. Arrived in PM on Saturday evening, picked up Saturday evening, up and running within 5 minutes :D

Initial impressions - They are a fantastic little box. I think they've done a great job with their WeOS (android+skin). RTE player is sh**e on them but I gather that is the same on any (most) android device (hit and miss basically) so the Wetec isn't at fault :D [shakes fist at RTE]

Thanks again.

To get around the crappy RTE Player in Android, download and install this in KODI

https://github.com/zakalibit/kodi.rteplayer.hq/raw/master/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq-1.1.1.zip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Just tried another adaptor from another device I have, I'm now getting an orange solid light on the front of the box. Still not working though. Can't get it to power on at all.

Try a different HDMI cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

My remote won't work but only the power button on remote will work.extremely slow.my other box is fine.is there a fix

Box collected.

Many Thanks again Aquos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Try reflashing openelec.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Try reflashing openelec.

I did I changed different versions and still same.what's causing this.remote from other box is like it too on this one but on other one its fine

I've had to this orange light problem. To me this sounds like the box is failing to boot.

Can you get into the recovery screen?

Here is how to check.

Make sure MSD slot is empty.

Unplug power cable from back of box. Turn box upside down. Use a toothpick or something similar to press in the button hidden under the tiny hole (you should hear a click)

Keeping button pressed in, stick the power cable in and wait for about 20 seconds. Eventually you should see an android recovery screen with 5 or 6 options.

If you get that far then come back for more help.

I did I changed different versions and still same.what's causing this.remote from other box is like it too on this one but on other one its fine
    The both remotes work on one box, but neither on the other?

Open the box, and you should see two USB dongles, top one is for the remote, take it out and plug it into a PC and see if it works.

Allyall wrote: »
    The both remotes work on one box, but neither on the other?

Open the box, and you should see two USB dongles, top one is for the remote, take it out and plug it into a PC and see if it works.

Ya just just the power button works on the remotes on the box I just got but work fine on other box

Try this in your PC - http://i.imgur.com/usGiBUW.jpg?1

and

I1kzxUk.jpg?1

The bottom one is Wetek Security for their firmware, so leave that where it is.

Try this in your PC - http://i.imgur.com/usGiBUW.jpg?1

and

I1kzxUk.jpg?1

The bottom one is Wetek Security for their firmware, so leave that where it is.

And if it the pc sees it what then?

If you've tried different images, and a different remote, I'm guessing it's the dongle. If it is, you can probably replace it. Wetek may send it over.

If it isn't, then it could be drivers, if not, I'm not sure what it could be.

If you've tried different images, and a different remote, I'm guessing it's the dongle. If it is, you can probably replace it. Wetek may send it over.

If it isn't, then I'm not sure what it could be.

So if computer sees it it works?if not is broke

So if computer sees it it works?if not is broke

Yes, I think.
    I can't think what else may be causing that, but someone else may have a better idea.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement