Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

HD channels under openelec seem to be a bit problematic, they seem to pause for a spilt second fairly often, I have it setup using vdr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Picked up my boxes yesterday evening in Galway

Thanks a million Aquos76

Your some man

There is some amount of work and effort involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I got mine last night. Won't get a chance to play around with it at the weekend.

Thanks again Aquos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

got mine on Mon, cheers Aquos!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 anthony gggg

Anybody know where I can get the username and password for satellite. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Anybody know where I can get the username and password for satellite. Cheers

If for enigma 2 image look where u downloaded the image

GY A1 wrote: »
    If for enigma 2 image look where u downloaded the image

It's for the wetek tuner box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Allyall wrote: »
    Yes, I think.
    I can't think what else may be causing that, but someone else may have a better idea.

Opened it up and removed it and plugged into laptop and it sees dongle but still the same.what's causing this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Interested in one of these if I think I know what it does. Anyone wanna catch me up, too many pages to read through.

What is out of the box achievable in the openelec box. Access wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Interested in one of these if I think I know what it does. Anyone wanna catch me up, too many pages to read through.

What is out of the box achievable in the openelec box. Access wise. PM me if possible thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

out of the box, nothing.

You have to set it up yourself.

It's for the wetek tuner box.

what are u using tho, android, openelec, or enigma2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Picked these up today, thanks again, Leonard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Opened it up and removed it and plugged into laptop and it sees dongle but still the same.what's causing this

It see's the dongle, but still only some buttons on both remotes work, when plugged into laptop?

Seems like an issue with the dongle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

if anybody wants mine is for sale, running WeTek OS Android v.1.1.6 else going to adverts....collection from Dublin....
    DVB-S2

• Advertisement

GY A1 wrote: »
    what are u using tho, android, openelec, or enigma2

openelec

Solaris are you willing to post? Or pm even?

Solaris10 wrote: »
    if anybody wants mine is for sale, running WeTek OS Android v.1.1.6 else going to adverts....collection from Dublin....
    DVB-S2

Nice mark up you have on it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Connected mine up today...lots of learning ahead of me! Thanks for the great service Aquos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Conor1974

Maybe a silly question but have 2 boxes running on Openelec no bother.About 20 mins ago my box went crazy and start changing and pausing and the likes.Just copped that the 2 boxes where never on together until tonight and if you use one remote it changes both boxes.Have googled it and can't find a solution.Any help would be well appreciated before there's murder in the house.Thanks

• Advertisement

How close are they
    Conor1974 wrote: »
    Maybe a silly question but have 2 boxes running on Openelec no bother.About 20 mins ago my box went crazy and start changing and pausing and the likes.Just copped that the 2 boxes where never on together until tonight and if you use one remote it changes both boxes.Have googled it and can't find a solution.Any help would be well appreciated before there's murder in the house.Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Use the TV remote over CEC

Other suggestions here:
    http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/10799/remote-controls-for-more-than-one-wetek-play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Use Yatze if you've got Android phones...much better in my opinion. Everyone has their own remote in their pockets then...just remember to change to the device your using, so your not changing channels on the other box from a different room, while somebody else is watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Conor1974

Use Yatze if you've got Android phones...much better in my opinion. Everyone has their own remote in their pockets then...just remember to change to the device your using, so your not changing channels on the other box from a different room, while somebody else is watching!

Unfortunately we don't have any android devices.Just have to pick up a couple of keyboards
    Thanks

Unfortunately we don't have any android devices.Just have to pick up a couple of keyboards
    Thanks

You can use Kore if you have iphones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

if one uses Enigma2 with the wetek instead of Openelec, can we still stream the channels to multiple clients?

Or is that exclusively with Openelec and Tvheadend?

What is the advantage of putting Enigma2 on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

if one uses Enigma2 with the wetek instead of Openelec, can we still stream the channels to multiple clients?

i'd also like to know this if someone can give a quick answer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Yes you can still stream the channels to other clients but tbh it is a bit glitchy I have only found that the pbnigma imgs from jan 3rd and 27th as being the only recent ones that can allow this.
    I use en2player on my ipad and vu+ client on kodi to stream to other boxes around the house.

advantages, none really only that enigma2 is somewhat easier to configure and setup (well that is my feeling anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Does anyone know where i can pick up an android box in Dublin this weekend?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

There seems to be a place at the Luas Stop on Lower Abbey Street (beside the euro shop) that is selling a tv box of some sort.

I've no idea what they have exactly. Just saw a sign in the shop window as I was waiting for Luas.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Does anyone know where i can pick up an android box in Dublin this weekend?

Thanks.

Adverts.ie have lots of sellers on there, bound to be one local to you.

Was just checking there Eamonnq thanks a lot man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

Have one for sale myself, openelec on it rather than Kodi. Fellow boardsie discount will apply etc. etc.

Kodi is openelec just so you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

Whoops! Meant openelec rather than Android.

Sunday evening, brain mush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Trevord wrote: »
    There seems to be a place at the Luas Stop on Lower Abbey Street (beside the euro shop) that is selling a tv box of some sort.

I've no idea what they have exactly. Just saw a sign in the shop window as I was waiting for Luas.

Saw that. It's mostly a hearing aid shop. Pretty ballsy of them to advertise it on the front window on one of the busiest streets in the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

long_b wrote: »
    Saw that. It's mostly a hearing aid shop. Pretty ballsy of them to advertise it on the front window on one of the busiest streets in the city.

They might not be preloaded illegal content.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

I have a Wetek Play box going spare, if anyone is interested send me a PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

How different are these from MXQ?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    How different are these from MXQ?

in terms of whats on them very, I'd say.

They don't run android out of the box, so you would have to flash that yourself if you want it. They run plain openelec/kodi with no addons what so ever.

They have a choice of tuners built in for either sat/dvb or cable.

If you don't want to get your hands at least a little dirty setting stuff up I wouldn't recommend one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

definitely not for beginners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

in terms of whats on them very, I'd say.

They don't run android out of the box, so you would have to flash that yourself if you want it. They run plain openelec/kodi with no addons what so ever.

They have a choice of tuners built in for either sat/dvb or cable.

If you don't want to get your hands at least a little dirty setting stuff up I wouldn't recommend one.

Ah I see. Im familiar with Kodi and openelec etc. So I could hook it up to my satelite and get free view? And ahem a.... €60 gift from a certain Irish buy and sell site?

You'd be mad to pay 60. No talk of that here.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You'd be mad to pay 60. No talk of that here.

In fairness he didn't really talk of anything... It left me even more confused :D:confused:

I was trying to figure out what the heck gift cost €60.

Mad money (assuming it is what I think it is).

• Advertisement

I know, but we won't go into detail about it. A well known Chinese eBay like outlet is a great place to buy such gifts I hear.

RossieMan wrote: »
    I know, but we won't go into detail about it. A well known Chinese eBay like outlet is a great place to buy such gifts I hear.

Removed confusion.. :)

The subs not the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Christ on a bike I just paid £99 for a 12month sub :o...but it is rock solid.

never heard of any available from the likes of Ali's

boooooooooooooo

please teach me Sensei (via PM)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm confused. What's going on :(

We best let this get back on topic. For anyone that can't read between the very thin lines above, I don't think oscam is for you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement