Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

1394041424345»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RossieMan wrote: »
    We best let this get back on topic. For anyone that can't read between the very thin lines above, I don't think oscam is for you.

My Wetek is still in the box at home. Been really busy in work since January so haven't even been in the humour to sit down and try anything yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Plenty of help here if you need it anyway. Its notas hard as people make it out to be once you have some sort of computer literacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RossieMan wrote: »
    Plenty of help here if you need it anyway. Its notas hard as people make it out to be once you have some sort of computer literacy.

I've Kodi working perfectly on my Amazon Fire TV so the Wetek is only for the Kitchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

logistic wrote: »
    I have a Wetek Play box going spare, if anyone is interested send me a PM

Hi, sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Anyone know how to update the wetek box to the latest kodi version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Not released yet as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Carroller wrote: »
    Anyone know how to update the wetek box to the latest kodi version

It's not officially released, but if you want to try it...

WeTek Play OpenELEC 7.0 w/ Kodi 16.0 -Jarvis version of Linux [3.10.99] updated March 8th 2016
    Clean Install (SD Card)
    OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.0-devel-20160308031737-r22234-ga2a656a.img.gz

Update (Copy into the Update Folder and Reboot)
    OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.0-devel-20160308031737-r22234-ga2a656a.tar

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Wetek is on special tomorrow for anyone who missed out on any of the group buys

https://twitter.com/OpenELEC/status/710954302278340608

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Thread has been pretty quiet lately so am giving this a bump here aswell
    I'm currently putting together a guide on setting up pbnigma on a msd card on the following forum, if that is the route you are taking any feedback on the guide would be appreciated as it is currently a work in progress.

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=499

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

tommycahir wrote: »
    Thread has been pretty quiet lately

eeeerrrr.... maybe becuse there is no bargain here anymore? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

What sort of speeds required for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

What sort of speeds required for this?

4Mbps + for streaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

tommycahir wrote: »
    Thread has been pretty quiet lately so am giving this a bump here aswell

Going to follow this over the weekend - Any gotchas , BTW Where can I get the OSCAM to CCCAM tool as the one in the guide is a dead link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

TimHorton wrote: »
    Going to follow this over the weekend - Any gotchas , BTW Where can I get the OSCAM to CCCAM tool as the one in the guide is a dead link

I've updated the link in the guide ot the developers site - http://tekreaders.com/blog/2011/02/28/cccam-to-oscam-converter/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

mine is for sale WETEK OPENELEC BOX WITH DVB-S2 TUNER €68 collection in Dublin , am using pi3 to play my media files....thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

Complete newb when it comes to these devices (forgive me!), but looking for some advice on what to purchase.

My old man watches a lot of films, is not the most technical of people so i usually end up stick stuff on a usb. However MKV files don't play on xbox anymore, which has left him out of the loop and me too!

Just wondering whats the easiest and user friendly streaming box and perhaps the best place to buy it?

Much appreciated in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Juxtapose wrote: »
    Complete newb when it comes to these devices (forgive me!), but looking for some advice on what to purchase.

My old man watches a lot of films, is not the most technical of people so i usually end up stick stuff on a usb. However MKV files don't play on xbox anymore, which has left him out of the loop and me too!

Just wondering whats the easiest and user friendly streaming box and perhaps the best place to buy it?

Have a look here,lots of advice/options

If you are downloading your stuff I'd look into plex and not spend a dime to be honest. They have a free app for Xbox if thats what you are using and then you install and set up the server on PC/Laptop. Samsung TV's have a plex app or you can look at Emby which is very similar to plex.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

If you are downloading your stuff I'd look into plex and not spend a dime to be honest. They have a free app for Xbox if thats what you are using and then you install and set up the server on PC/Laptop. Samsung TV's have a plex app or you can look at Emby which is very similar to plex.

Do you have to pay for plex to stream from xbox?
    I basically need something he can find films/tv himself with.
    I'm familiar with it, but had problems sharing specific files/libraries before.

• Advertisement

Do you have to pay for plex to stream from xbox?
    I basically need something he can find films/tv himself with.
    I'm familiar with it, but had problems sharing specific files/libraries before.

No it went free a while ago. At a guess I would say the issue you had was with file names and folder structure. The file has to be named Movie 2016.mp4 or show name - S01E03 for example so that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I've a DVB-S one of these from a group buy that's back in its box now and isn't used anymore.

If there's any loving home out there looking for one let me know :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Newtown90 wrote: »
    I've a DVB-S one of these from a group buy that's back in its box now and isn't used anymore.

If there's any loving home out there looking for one let me know :P

How much? Dies it work with saoirview by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rather than this thread being bumped all the time, closing it and any questions can be discussed in the Android forum.

If you see a bargain that is worth mentioning, start a new thread with the details.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement