Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It can stream media from local and online sources.
    You can buy media subscriptions (IPTV, netflix, amazon movies, sky go etc..)
    You can also play games and check your email, browse the internet etc.
    It is a mini media centre itself, plug it into you TV, connect to the internet and you are ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Thanks Allyall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

if you have poor internet it may not be for you.

If you don't know what kodi is, its definitely not for you.

Poor internet is temporary. Kodi.... You have to start somewhere��

have you a computer or a tablet? Download kodi to either first and see how it goes.

if it suits you, buy a box, i wouldn't waste money until you know its something you want.

i run kodi on an old dell i5 laptop i have lying around, im getting this box to save on electricity and because its a little smaller.

RossieMan wrote: »
    have you a computer or a tablet? Download kodi to either first and see how it goes.

if it suits you, buy a box, i wouldn't waste money until you know its something you want.

i run kodi on an old dell i5 laptop i have lying around, im getting this box to save on electricity and because its a little smaller.

Thanks, it a laptop I'll download and try it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

its a tiny box for what it does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Is their images to flash like vix or blackhole?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ed eddy

funny how your allowed sell here and organise sales if your a "mod" yet others get banned,boards,ie is so hypritical

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ed eddy wrote: »
    funny how your allowed sell here and organise sales if your a "mod" yet others get banned,boards,ie is so hypritical

What the hell are you talking about, this was not organised by a mod, I only offered to help facilitate it. There is no one making any money out of this, what has happened in this thread has happened many times on boards in the past. If you have a problem with me or any other aspect of this thread, then report it and let those higher up look into what has gone on. Also, if you read back through the thread, you'll also see that another user has done exactly the same thing as I have facilitated and he wasn't a mod either.

• Advertisement

ah now get ur facts right :rolleyes:
    missed the boat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Ah lad, it was a group purchase to save all involved a few quid. Great idea, not sure why you have a bee in your bonnet about it.

On an unrelated manner, did anyone buy the box from living social in the OP? Its available for about 47 euros now with packaging. Is it worth getting? Never 100% sure about what sort of quality the electronics from those deals sites will be like

iggy wrote: »
    Is their images to flash like vix or blackhole?

there a few enigma2 images,
    including pbnigma,
    openatf, openhdf, openspa,
    no open vix yet but maybe in the future

dirtyden wrote: »

On an unrelated manner, did anyone buy the box from living social in the OP? Its available for about 47 euros now with packaging. Is it worth getting? Never 100% sure about what sort of quality the electronics from those deals sites will be like

What was the one in the OP? The Leelbox?

you would be better of going for the one it is trying to imitate.
    The original can be bought for ~ €34 and dual boots.

It has a biggish community too - More Roms etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

I remember the last time I put OpenElec on my PI DNLA streaming would flat out not work, and looking up online it said it wasnt supported. Streaming to OpenElec that is.

Have Openelec sorted it out yet?

I can stream to my openelec box, not that pretty of an experience mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

If anyone has missed out on the group order for the Wetek Play, I'll be making an order later tonight if anyone is interested. PM me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

If anyone has missed out on the group order for the Wetek Play, I'll be making an order later tonight if anyone is interested. PM me!

How much is it and what's the waiting period? Is the box pre loaded?

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    How much is it and what's the waiting period? Is the box pre loaded?

All the information is in the last few pages. I'm offering the exact same as before. They'll be delivered to Longford and I will distribute from there. Similar to Aquo, I'll deal with postage charges when they actually come, each person can tell me what way they want theirs delivered and they can pay me whatever it is then. I'd say approximately €80 or less before postage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Is there many still interested in this, that haven't ordered already? I just caught up on thread, as I hadn't been following as I thought ye were still discussing the op.

A2LUE42 wrote:
    Is there many still interested in this, that haven't ordered already? I just caught up on thread, as I hadn't been following as I thought ye were still discussing the op.

Too ****ing late. The satellite tuner ones are not in stock. Balls.

Too ****ing late. The satellite tuner ones are not in stock. Balls.

Still a good price with the DVB-T2 tuners.

You can buy the DVB-S2 tuners for ~ €15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Allyall wrote: »
    Still a good price with the DVB-T2 tuners.

You can buy the DVB-S2 tuners for ~ €15

Yep, still at the discounted rate as of 6am, albeit with not sat models in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Back in stock!

• Advertisement

Back in stock!

Is the wetek box the one every one has been group buying? Can it only be got through a group buy?

Is the wetek box the one every one has been group buying? Can it only be got through a group buy?

Yes it is the Wetek Box. Use code BLACKFRIDAY for another few euro off. No need to buy in a group, but the idea is that the more you buy, the more discount you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Probably a clone, Allyall had a link to the original MXQ on page 10(mobile device), of this thread.

Yes it is the Wetek Box. Use code BLACKFRIDAY for another few euro off. No need to buy in a group, but the idea is that the more you buy, the more discount you get.

I must keep an eye out here should another group buy start. Sounds like one of the better boxes out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Just been browsing this thread and I must say well done all involved.

great to see a group purchase go so well and a few lads save a few bob.

boards.ie at its best!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

My box is being delivered today! :D

Bought it solo on Thursday afternoon, and it shipped Friday at 4:30pm.
    Fast service from TNT as I got the call this morning at 8:30 saying that they had my shipment. He even said he'd bring it to my workplace, as I told him no one would be home!

This was the free shipping too :)

their quik shipping alright

I took Allyall's advice and ordered two last night with the DVB-T2 tuners and then two DVB-S2 tuners when they came back in stock this morning. I did not get any receipt from WeTek so I emailed in and cheekily asked if I could have all DVB-S2 tuners with the four boxes - and they did! Four DVB-S2 tuners for me! RESULT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Only seeing this thread now as I was away for a while.
    Anyone who bought this has gotten a great bargain ,its a really nice receiver .

I have one running Android and Enigma 2 (Pbnigma) from a micro sd card .
    Pbnigma is the best Enigma 2 image and is really solid now ,they have improved it alot in recent months and most functions work well.
    Its perfect for watching satellite tv ,Kodi seemed good in it too.
    There is a seperate remote available for Enigma 2 for 10 euro off Wetek which is a good buy too but the Openelec remote might do the job,it looks similar.

I found the Openelec side of the unit very difficult to configure for watching tv , its quite tricky to setup the headend side of it .
    Enigma 2 is much better for watching tv in my experience.

I'm half tempted to buy another one but I must stop buying receivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Back in stock!
    Works out now at E80.

is the discount code still working
    you might get few more to make 12
    I must keep an eye out here should another group buy start. Sounds like one of the better boxes out there.

GY A1 wrote: »
    is the discount code still working
    you might get few more to make 12

I'd say 12 would be got easy enough. I know it's Monday morning etc.. but..

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I've just had an email from TNT informing me that our order is due to be picked up tomorrow so I'd imagine they should be with me then by Thursday or Friday. I'll post a further update once tracking details become available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I've just had an email from TNT informing me that our order is due to be picked up tomorrow so I'd imagine they should be with me then by Thursday or Friday. I'll post a further update once tracking details become available.

You actually placed the order???:eek: To hell with that, I bought myself a PS4 from Argos and booked a weekend in Kilkenny. You really gotta hand it to PayPal. So convenient :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads can't find the box you all are group buying in the thread. Could anyone link me to it ? I might be interested if were getting 12 together.

• Advertisement

http://openelec.tv/
    read back afew pages

I am interested should another 12 of us go with a group buy, sounds like this is the best box and its pre loaded I believe so no real hassle.

Edit: Just realised I said similar already on the same thread! Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GY A1 wrote: »
    http://openelec.tv/
    read back afew pages

Thanks for that. I couldn't find it anywhere :( must be going blind :)

Guys stick me down if were bulk buying again.

Going back a page or two, it looks like a few are interested

lolliedog
    upandcumming - Bought 4 so maybe not
    ronanc1000
    A2LUE42
    DERICKOO
    emmetkenny

There may be more, I didn't go back too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

What was the price work out at in the end for the group?

I'd be interested in getting 2 (Price dependent)

costacurta wrote: »
    What was the price work out at in the end for the group?

I'd be interested in getting 2 (Price dependent)

€53.99 + post or Parcel Motel.

If you took the delivery, then €53.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

I might be also interested in - 1pcs with S2 tuner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Might be interested also with sat tuner

• Registered Users Posts: 17 anotherjd

I could be interested also in one with DVB-S2 tuner.
    The deal is suppose to be a blackfriday deal (ending 29th Nov), but the code still works at the moment on the site.

even if there are only 8 or 10 people interested it would be possible to order and get 27%(65.24), 32.5% (60.74e)
    just not as good as 40% off.

• Advertisement

I'd take a punt, with satellite tuner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement