Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatal road crash Clonsilla

Options
  • 17-11-2015 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard on news. Sketchy details but sadly someone has died on our doorstep. RIP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Very sad to hear. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-hunt-for-occupants-of-car-who-fled-scene-after-crash-leaves-man-dead-34207273.html

Nasty. Audi A3 (culprit) and the colt housed the fatality (cut out of it).

Robbed or alcohol perhaps in the offending car.

At the junction on the last off-ramp for the blanch centre (outbound on N3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There's nothing to indicate yet what car was at fault?

I'm always wary when I come to that junction and have a green light, I've seen so many people breaking them coming from the opposite direction (I'm not saying this is what happened here) that I slow right down every time I get to them to be sure there's no arshole coming from one of the other sides.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    There's nothing to indicate yet what car was at fault?

I'm always wary when I come to that junction and have a green light, I've seen so many people breaking them coming from the opposite direction (I'm not saying this is what happened here) that I slow right down every time I get to them to be sure there's no arshole coming from one of the other sides.

It's a lunatic junction for red light running. Very precarious in particular approaching Mulhuddart from the liberty insurance flyover, with the intention of going straight on to Mulhuddart. The traffic coming from Mulhuddart turning right onto Blanchardstown Rd North is notorious for it.

That said, I'd say its safe to assume that the 2 occupants that left the scene on foot were from the Audi, and most likely at fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Awful tragic - sends shivers down my spine reading as it could have been any of us or our loved ones who routinely use that junction but just at the wrong place at the wrong time!

I hope the scumbags are caught and heavy justice handed down for fleeing the scene.

RIP and condolences to all affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

That is awful

Even if it was the Colt at fault... the other left the scene,

The person could have had a chance at surviving.

But at the same time, no one knows how they would react when panic kicks in..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Leaving the scene of an accident doesn't look good, it's understandable people read that and think stolen car. It's awful. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The picture in the Indo doesn't show the impact on the Colt, which was fully on the driver's door. I'm guessing the Colt came up the slip road and getting a green continued across the junction (possibly turning right) and was met full on the side by the A3 which was coming across the bridge, probably at high speed.

RIP to the driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I've heard the A3 was stolen.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    I've heard the A3 was stolen.

No surprise there so. As usual, scum get away on foot with little more than bruised faces at worst from AB deployment while a husband/father/son dies 5 weeks before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mckar

Think I remember hearing they suspect someone that arrived in to A&E with fractured legs not sure what came of it. RIP so sad for all who knew him. A man trying to do a nights work .

mckar wrote: »
    Think I remember hearing they suspect someone that arrived in to A&E with fractured legs not sure what came of it. RIP so sad for all who knew him. A man trying to do a nights work .

Apparently, the poor lad who was killed was a delivery guy for a local take away. The occupants of the other car fled (jumped into another car), so likely there was a bit of a 'street race' in progress. Then one of the injured parties did indeed present themselves to JCM A&E dept. Brazen or what!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mckar

So I'm assuming that one was caught in that case. Thick neck on them alright heard that aswel poor man trying to make a few bob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't think they've arrested anyone. They stopped a car not long after that they reckoned was connected and still didn't arrest anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Advertisement