Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swiss Eagle brand.

• 17-11-2015 9:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Just asking about the Swizz Eagle name in general. From searching around google is like they don't exist.

I've had my eye on the SE 9062-88 model for a few months now it's price has dropped by up to 50% in a few places.

Just trying to find out a bit more about them if anyone has any experience with them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Just asking about the Swizz Eagle name in general. From searching around google is like they don't exist.

I've had my eye on the SE 9062-88 model for a few months now it's price has dropped by up to 50% in a few places.

Just trying to find out a bit more about them if anyone has any experience with them.

Bit of a freudian expectation there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Just asking about the Swizz Eagle name in general.

Think you answered your own question there :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Didn't cop that, :D so basically there is a reason why there is little to nothing about them even though they are up there price wise.

The one I was looking at was about €600 and they are now down to around €300 in one or two places.

I know they is probably better for the money but just wondering are they a case of you get what you pay for or you are paying for a name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

There are plenty of brands out there that operate the same way.. artificially inflate the price and then offer substantial discounts via the likes of grabbing and groupon etc etc.. For that money there are FAR better well known brands such as Seiko, Orient, Steinhart etc etc.. Maybe of you could describe the style of watch you are looking for we could point you in the right direction. Divers/Pilots/Dress watch on Bracelet/Leather/Rubber strap etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Didn't cop that, :D so basically there is a reason why there is little to nothing about them even though they are up there price wise.

The one I was looking at was about €600 and they are now down to around €300 in one or two places.

I know they is probably better for the money but just wondering are they a case of you get what you pay for or you are paying for a name.

You're paying about €10 for the movement and the rest for a dubious brand name. I would avoid like the plague. 300ish notes can get you a cracking watch if you take your time, do a bit of research and get an idea of what you want.

Here's too I really like in this price range

Steinhart Ocean One Green - €380

steinhart-ocean-1-green-06.jpg

Seiko SARG015 - $320
    DSC_6220_zps763061be.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 joha_9t

I've got that Swiss Eagle model number for sale if you're still interested Captain Chaos. I've uploaded some pictures as well. Check it out with eBay listing SNIP

Any questions let me know.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

joha_9t joined up just to link your ad? Nope. This is not how this forum works. Advertise somewhere else.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joha_9t

Wibbs wrote: »
    joha_9t joined up just to link your ad? Nope. This is not how this forum works. Advertise somewhere else.

Sorry.

Advertisement