Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out

Options
  • 17-11-2015 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi there, just looking for a bit of advice.

I am looking for some advice on moving out of my current tenancy. My landlord is very 'by the book' and in comparison to my previous landlords I would say hes a bit inconsiderate.

I'm currently living with two students, im 30 so not ideal for Me lifestyle wise but they're nice enough. They're moving out, they've lived in the tenancy for less than 6 months and gave their one months notice to him. He basically told them they'd have to pay until the 1st of Jan as he'd never fill the rooms during xmas. I get what he's saying but they're only obligated to give 28days..He's already asked them whether they know any other students who want to take their rooms. I don't wish to live with students anymore. It's been a real challenge with heating, them not wanting to turn heat on every day to save money, not cleaning etc,
    Every house ive lived in it was the tenants who looked after the viewings and chose the housemate. He insists on looking after the ads..doesn't put up pictures, and brings people over when I'm not home..I think I pay far too much money for this so I want to move as well.

The problem is is that I can't see how I can do this without losing money. If I give him my one months notice now and don't find anywhere, he will have people viewing the room asap. (He did this to a former tenant) but most ads on daft seem to want you to move in immediately or in two weeks time at the very max. I dont want it to come down to me having to take somewhere unsuitable at the very last minute but I don't like the idea of coming home from Christmas and there being new tenants in the house ive never met before.

It's probably a lose-lose situation but just wondering if anyone had any advice or has been in a similar situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Well you cant expect him to do anything other than get people in to view the place. Its you that wants to move out. Did you sign a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Do you know any others around your own age/fellow professionals looking for accommodation? Perhaps offer the LL to find tenants yourself (on the proviso that he's okay with them)

Advertisement