Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions?

• 17-11-2015 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, I would like some opinions on this matter.
    Last year my partner and I split and he moved back home with our dog. Due to the dog being destructive his mother told him the dog must go. My ex put the dog up for adoption, he didn't tell me until after the dog was rehomed. I was heartbroken. My ex did love the dog but at the time he felt he was doing what was best for the dog as he didn't have the time or resources to look after the dog. He made sure he was going to a good home. He did regret his decision.
    My child adored the dog, it was just before Christmas when he was rehomed. I told my child Santa had asked could he have our dog to help pull the sled through the snow in the North Pole when the reindeer were tired. My child was sad but also proud of our dog working with Santa. That Christmas eve my child left out dog food and treats for the dog. My child has never stopped talking about our dog, and this year plans to leave out food again on Christmas eve.
    I never stopped thinking about our dog and I began searching for him, I found him but it was too late, his new owner put him up for adoption due to the fact he was emigrating and the dog had already been rehomed. I found the person who adopted him, that person had moved the dog on to someone else, that is when the trail went cold. I added any rescue and shelter in the country that I came across on FB, I've combed them weekly in case he has been put up for adoption. His breed can be difficult and are often put up for adoption.
    I've searched FB, I've googled his details and I've checked all buy and sell sites but I can never find him.
    I just want to know he's ok, I'm worried something happened him. Obviously if he is up for adoption again I'd take him in an instant, but if he's happy and he has a family I won't ruin that for him.
    I was thinking that maybe if I put some pictures on this site maybe someone will recognise him and give me some reassurance. What do you think good or bad idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Aw OP I am heartbroken for you, I would be the same as you, would need to know he was safe. I dont see anything wrong with more exposure but maybe a Mod would be the best best. If you report your own post they will take a look and make sure its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AJP10

toadfly wrote: »
    Aw OP I am heartbroken for you, I would be the same as you, would need to know he was safe. I dont see anything wrong with more exposure but maybe a Mod would be the best best. If you report your own post they will take a look and make sure its ok.

Thank you so much I appreciate your help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Hi OP, what breed is the dog? When you've found that he's been re-adopted, has it been through a rescue, or a private rehome?

muddypaws wrote: »
    Hi OP, what breed is the dog? When you've found that he's been re-adopted, has it been through a rescue, or a private rehome?

Hi, he was a husky Samoyed cross. He was adopted on Adverts, then the person who adopted him gave him to someone else which I believe was privately arranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

And they haven't been able to give you any information on where he went?

• Advertisement

And they haven't been able to give you any information on where he went?
    The man who adopted him from adverts said he gave him to someone else I was told he was given to someone in Westmeath I think, I've liked rescues in westmeath too just to keep an eye out.

Advertisement