Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAMMA 24 - 3Arena 27th Feb

Options
  • 17-11-2015 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Join us at the 3Arena once more as BAMMA 24: Kone Vs. Phillips takes place on 27th Feb 2016.

‪‎BAMMA24‬ Trailer https: //youtu. be/t9zTZIPRb2U

Tickets on sale NOW from Ticketmaster

Fightcard
    ​Cheick 'The Sniper' Kone Vs. John 'The White Mike Tyson' Phillips (BAMMA Middleweight Title)

Tom 'Firekid' DuQuesnoy Vs. Damien 'The Rage' Rooney (Bantamweight Superfight)

Peter 'The Showstopper' Queally Vs. Nathan 'Mr. Bag & Tag' Jones (Welterweight)

'The Housewives Choice' Chris Fields Vs. Andy 'The Lion's Paw' DeVent (Middleweight)

Paul Byrne Vs. Bola 'Cashflow' Omoyele (Middleweight)

'Magic' Myles Price Vs. Mario 'Rudely' Saeed (Lightweight)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Disappointing that this is on the same day as UFC London. I'd love to have attended this one as BAMMA 22 was a cracking night.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Was at the last one and will be going to this one.

Some great fights!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BAMMA

The event has been updated since my last post, so here it is. Tickets on sale now. Get them from Ticketmaster. Good late Christmas present idea!!

Save you the cost of a trip to London too ;) Better value for money.

BAMMA 24: Kone Vs. Phillips is set to take place at the 3Arena, Dublin Ireland on Feb 27th 2016.

BAMMA 24 Fightcard (More fights TBA)

BAMMA Middleweight Title
    Cheick 'The Sniper' Kone (c)(13-3) Vs. John 'The White Mike Tyson' Phillips (18-6)
    Tom 'Firekid' DuQuesnoy (11-1) vs. Damien 'The Rage' Rooney (10-4-1) (Bantamweight Bout)

Peter 'The Showstopper' Queally (6-2) Vs. 'Mr Bag & Tag" Nathan Jones (9-4) (Welterweight Bout)
    'The Housewives Choice' Chris Fields (12-7-1) Vs. Andy 'The Lion's Paw' DeVent (12-10) (Middleweight Bout)
    Paul Byrne (6-1) Vs. Bola 'Cashflow' Omoyele (8-4) (Middleweight)
    'Magic' Myles Price (8-6) Vs. Mario 'Rudeboy' Saaed (7-2) (Lightweight bout)
    Sinead Kavanagh (1-0) Vs. Kerry 'Rocksteady' Hughes (2-1) (Bantamweight Bout)

Conor 'Da Crook' Cooke (6-7) Vs. Matt 'Farmer Boy' Hallam (5-2) (Middleweight Bout)
    Mick 'Basher' Brennan (4-6) Vs. Brian 'The Pikeman' Moore (8-4) (Featherweight bout)
    Decky 'The Diamond' Dalton (5-0) Vs. Micheal 'Gip' Cutting (6-4) (Featherweight Bout)

Lonsdale Bantamweight Title
    Alan 'The Apprentice' Philpott (14-7) Vs. Nathaniel 'The Prospect' Wood (8-2)

Gerard Gilmore (2-1) Vs. James Gallagher (1-0) (Featherweight Bout)
    Mark Andrew (1-0) Vs. Patrick Wixted (1-2) (Bantamweight Bout)
    Neil Ward (1-1) Vs. Dylan Tuke (1-0) (Bantamweight Bout)
    Rhys 'Skeletor' McKee (1-0) Vs. Paul Lawrence (2-0) (Lightweight Bout)
    Will Fluery (Pro Debut) Vs. Thomas Hogan (1-0) (Welterweight Bout)
    Sean Tobin (3-2) Vs. Gary 'The Dumptruck' Morris (7-8) (Bantamweight Bout)
    Kams Ekpo (3-0) Vs. Lloyd Manning (Pro Debut) (Featherweight Bout)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

That's a f*cking great card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Lads am I being a dumbass here or are there 19 fights on the card?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

McKee against lawrence is a nice match on the undercard.

I'd have rooney v firekid main event too.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk

Great card TBF.

Check Kone, what more to say - Evil leg kicks and a pair of hands.
    But the co main interests me more....
    Tom 'Firekid' DuQuesnoy (11-1) vs. Damien 'The Rage' Rooney (10-4-1) (Bantamweight Bout)

Damien will bring everything he has and more, always the professional vs Firekid who has turned down the UFC already (wanting more experience first) and many expect him to be there by the end of the year... that's one bad ass MF of a fight. My money is on Damien but if Tom wins he for sure cements his 'right' to fight in the UFC.

Peter 'The Showstopper' Queally (6-2) Vs. 'Mr Bag & Tag" Nathan Jones (9-4) (Welterweight Bout)
    BOOM - my money is on Peter.

'The Housewives Choice' Chris Fields (12-7-1) Vs. Andy 'The Lion's Paw' DeVent (12-10) (Middleweight Bout)
    I'm going for the MILF in this one, although DeVent will bring it. expect fireworks !

Paul Byrne (6-1) Vs. Bola 'Cashflow' Omoyele (8-4) (Middleweight)
    'Magic' Myles Price (8-6) Vs. Mario 'Rudeboy' Saaed (7-2) (Lightweight bout)
    Sinead Kavanagh (1-0) Vs. Kerry 'Rocksteady' Hughes (2-1) (Bantamweight Bout)

Spinning back fists, BJJ Irish Ninja sh!t (thanks Nate Diaz) and head kicks!

Conor 'Da Crook' Cooke (6-7) Vs. Matt 'Farmer Boy' Hallam (5-2) (Middleweight Bout)
    Mick 'Basher' Brennan (4-6) Vs. Brian 'The Pikeman' Moore (8-4) (Featherweight bout)
    Decky 'The Diamond' Dalton (5-0) Vs. Micheal 'Gip' Cutting (6-4) (Featherweight Bout)

Oh my F*cking word, I'm not going to be able to get a drink in all night, that lot will bring it and bring it more!
    Remember Decky and SBG going for each other on here, and the match up with Brian on Cage Contender X (the fight that never was)

Lonsdale Bantamweight Title
    Alan 'The Apprentice' Philpott (14-7) Vs. Nathaniel 'The Prospect' Wood (8-2)
    Got the prospect in this one.

Gerard Gilmore (2-1) Vs. James Gallagher (1-0) (Featherweight Bout)
    Mark Andrew (1-0) Vs. Patrick Wixted (1-2) (Bantamweight Bout)
    Neil Ward (1-1) Vs. Dylan Tuke (1-0) (Bantamweight Bout)
    Rhys 'Skeletor' McKee (1-0) Vs. Paul Lawrence (2-0) (Lightweight Bout)
    Will Fluery (Pro Debut) Vs. Thomas Hogan (1-0) (Welterweight Bout)
    Sean Tobin (3-2) Vs. Gary 'The Dumptruck' Morris (7-8) (Bantamweight Bout)
    Kams Ekpo (3-0) Vs. Lloyd Manning (Pro Debut) (Featherweight Bout)

Some real f*cking talent here. props to Jude Samuels Bamma's matchmaker.
    Can't wait to watch Dylan Tuke and James Gallagher from SBG and Lloyd Manning from Cork, national Judo champion and gold medal winner at 3 different weights in Sambo.

Some serious prospect talent and some serious pro fights.
    Looking forward to it!!!!!

Lads am I being a dumbass here or are there 19 fights on the card?

Genuine question by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk

Looks like only 18 fights have been announced so far.

mmapk wrote: »
    Looks like only 18 fights have been announced so far.

Holy **** that's some amount of fights. Sold........

• Advertisement

A handful will be cancelled due to injury bet your life on that so will probably be 14 or 15,hope there is not long breaks in between in the main card fights like the last bamma.

We are up to 18 fights now and may just have another couple up our sleeves ;)

And any of you who have some Christmas money burning a hole in your pocket, then head on over to Ticketmaster or see one of the fighters on the show and get your tickets for the first of the BAMMA events in Ireland this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

BAMMA wrote: »
    We are up to 18 fights now and may just have another couple up our sleeves ;)

And any of you who have some Christmas money burning a hole in your pocket, then head on over to Ticketmaster or see one of the fighters on the show and get your tickets for the first of the BAMMA events in Ireland this year!

I like the sound of that. Any indication for when the other(s) are planned? :)

Nothing confirmed yet, but this will definitely not be the only trip to Ireland this year.

We haven't been to Belfast yet either.

Any chance ya can make the gaps in between main card fights as short as possible dont fancy sitting around for age again,thanks.

That's all dependent on the TV, that's why they're are gaps. Coupled with virtually every fight only going sub 2 minutes meant we had a lot gaps to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Looks like a great card fair play. Wondering closer to the event if you could be specific mainly on the order of fights and what time the 1st prelim starts?. As there was a lot of unanswered questions last time regarding these so to have clarity would be helpful. People ask because they dont want to be too early or too late.

Yes we will, as soon as we have it all confirmed and ready to announce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Are the cheapest tickets this time 40e?

€35 are the cheapest.

• Advertisement

BAMMA wrote: »
    €35 are the cheapest.

Anywhere to get them apart from ticketmasterrobbers?

Beersmith wrote: »
    Anywhere to get them apart from ticketmasterrobbers?

You can buy them from the fighters.

If you can hook up with a fighter or a club you'll be supporting those before Ticketmaster.

I'd encourage anyone to buy their tickets this way.

If you don't train in an MMA club they're easy enough to hook up with via FB etc, and they'd love you to drop by and meet the lads whilst purchasing your ticket.

Its an easy way to directly support the fighters.

So who is the easiest to buy from in dublin you think?

Roughly where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

SBG right on the Red Line luas be handy to get to if you work or live anywhere along that yoke.

Im sure Team Ryano have some if your on the northside Patrick Wixted is fighting out of there.

Roughly where are you?

D11

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Not sure if this has been asked, but is this on tv and if so, what channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been asked, but is this on tv and if so, what channel?

Spike TV UK/Channel 5 I think.

You can add it to the "Other Channels" part of Sky if you have it.

I posted an instructions for the last event, I'll try find it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

found it, here ya go.

https://ukfree.tv/article/1107052255/How_can_I_get_Channel_5_on_Sky_in_Ireland_

You even liked the original post :pac:

Advertisement