Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAMMA 24 - 3Arena 27th Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

found it, here ya go.

https://ukfree.tv/article/1107052255/How_can_I_get_Channel_5_on_Sky_in_Ireland_

You even liked the original post :pac:
    Ha!
    Sound thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BAMMA

Or feel free to attend live ;) Tickets available from the fighters, their gyms, Catherine Costigan, Online and direct from the 3Arena box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I've got two tickets to sell as I can't make the event now. A family weekend coincides with thus and I can't get out of it, gutted. I bought them from the ticketmaster outlet in Santry so have actual tickets. Will sell for face value of €35 each, not looking to recoup ticketmaster charges.

Block C Row 24, so they are in a good central position. Anyone interested let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I've got two tickets to sell as I can't make the event now. A family weekend coincides with thus and I can't get out of it, gutted. I bought them from the ticketmaster outlet in Santry so have actual tickets. Will sell for face value of €35 each, not looking to recoup ticketmaster charges.

Block C Row 24, so they are in a good central position. Anyone interested let me know.

I'll take em. I will pm you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

• Advertisement

Another huge matchup has been added to BAMMA 24 today in the shape of the MMA debut of Irish Thai Boxing multi world champ Cian Cowley as he takes on Jay Moogan!

Get more details on Bamma . com or via our @BAMMA (Twitter) /BAMMAUK (Facebook) /BAMMAUK (Instagram)

Another huge matchup has been added to BAMMA 24 today in the shape of the MMA debut of Irish Thai Boxing multi world champ Cian Cowley as he takes on Jay Moogan!

Get more details on Bamma . com or via our @BAMMA (Twitter) /BAMMAUK (Facebook) /BAMMAUK (Instagram)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I love that BAMMA are giving us an opportunity to catch some up and coming fighters from the Irish/European scene. In terms of value for money, they really can't be beaten for price considering it's on in the 3 Arena on a fairly big stage.

In talking to friends who went the last time, we all had the same concerns regarding fights within the crowd and general lewd drunken behaviour.

Don't get me wrong, we had a blast but the antics of a portion of the crowd really left a sour taste in what was a great night.

Just a couple of questions:

- Do you think it's still appropriate to advertise this as 'Ireland vs England' particularly since Ireland play England in the rugby on the same day?... Also given the year that's in it regarding the history of Irish politics. Not saying it would play into the minds of many but it might play into things.

- Will you be working in conjunction with the 3 Arena/Garda to up the security around the place? (There was nowhere near enough the last time).

----

As I say, I think what BAMMA are trying to do should be applauded and we had a great time watching the fights the last time. Personally, I'd rather I see them in the cage rather than spilling out onto the concourse.

Well today's news is that Tyrone 'King of the Ring' Spong and Luke 'Biglsow' Barnatt have been announced as team captains for Team ireland and Team England.

And ThatGuy, it's on the same days as the rugby, because we will continue the sporting rivalry with Team Ire Vs. Team Eng.

And yes security will be upped on this event.

Well today's news is that Tyrone 'King of the Ring' Spong and Luke 'Biglsow' Barnatt have been announced as team captains for Team ireland and Team England.

And ThatGuy, it's on the same days as the rugby, because we will continue the sporting rivalry with Team Ire Vs. Team Eng.

• Advertisement

BAMMA wrote: »

Spong isn't Irish?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Barnett is a washed up ufc nobody who would be mauled by half the fighters on the card imo,has no place coaching/captaining anybody what ever his role will be,Ill pay double ticket price if ye let spong fight him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

This team captain Ireland bs England really turned me off this event

Terrible idea then to get someone who ain't Irish to captain?

but1er wrote: »
    This team captain Ireland bs England really turned me off this event

Terrible idea then to get someone who ain't Irish to captain?

I dunno. Maybe he's one of the spongs from the Galway region. I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Think he is from Clare like Muhammed Ali

This England invading Ireland thing on the 100th anniversary of 1916 the one of the stupidest ideas ive seen in mma,makes zero sense any time btw never mind a historic time for the country,bin the idea,nobody cares about barnett or spong captaining teams either it wont make one person extra buy a ticket who wasnt going.

I agree, I really dont like the country v country format in MMA.

The "teams" are not part of any national squad, in many cases do not train together or even know each other.

I dont understand the point or role of the team captains. Especially when one is not even from the country he is supposed to be a captain of.

They will not coach or train with their "teams", so I just dont get the point of it really...

@BAMMA could you please explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Gamebred wrote: »
    This England invading Ireland thing on the 100th anniversary of 1916 the one of the stupidest ideas ive seen in mma,makes zero sense any time btw never mind a historic time for the country,bin the idea,nobody cares about barnett or spong captaining teams either it wont make one person extra buy a ticket who wasnt going.

I wont be getting a ticket now

Save the money your paying spong and barnatt and pay the fighters more,theres some free advice bamma.

If anything it should be SBG Vs the rest :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This team captains and the angle of "English fighters invading Ireland" is putting me off this event big time.

There's nothing better than live MMA but this is ill advised marketing on BAMMA's part and I have zero idea what it serves to prove.

The narrative is all wrong for this one. This isn't like a soccer match where home fans and away fans will be given their own allocated section.

What happens if I buy a ticket with mates and we end up seated beside idiots itching for a fight due to the divisive marketing of this event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Gamebred wrote: »

Agreed 100%.

An absolutely retarded idea.

BAMMA scrap that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Echo the above posts, stupid idea and as said use the money to pay the fighters more. Was planning on going, now not so keen, seems BAMMA are trying to appeal to the cheap and tacky crowd rather than letting the card stand for itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Echo the above posts, stupid idea and as said use the money to pay the fighters more. Was planning on going, now not so keen, seems BAMMA are trying to appeal to the cheap and tacky crowd rather than letting the card stand for itself.

And the fact they said they're upping security for this says a lot too.

I won't be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

what does impress me is the amount of likes Gambred has got on this thread - must be a record

:pac:

only messing pal

what does impress me is the amount of likes Gambred has got on this thread - must be a record

:pac:

only messing pal

Im very unbiased and fair all things non Goat related :pac: I hope Bamma take the message on here and scrap this Idea,doubt it tbh though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I have to agree with what has been said previously. This terrible idea, coupled with UFC London being on the same night will probably persuade a lot of undecided fans to stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

were looking forward to this. Now this crap has put us right off. Next one probably instead

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

I also am having second thoughts about this one given the way it is being marketed. There are great fighters and match ups on the card without having to hype this Irl v UK nonsense. For the few extra tickets sold to the celtic jersey brigade, the resulting messiness that will no doubt arise is very off putting. The attendees of the McGregor/aldo press conference in Dublin will look like MMA aficionados by comparison. Very poor judgement by BAMMA.

• Advertisement

Yes, be prepared to see a lot of Celtic jerseys...

Advertisement