Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable soundbar for Xbox one

Options
  • 17-11-2015 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭

Having just upgraded to an XBox one, I have found the available sound outputs a bit limited.

It seems that the options are sound via HDMI or optical output.

Therefore I only have the monitor sound available atm.

I had my 360 connected to an older subwoofer/speaker system but that only accepts analog inputs and so is now redundant.
    I'm looking to upgrade to a soundbar but need to be careful about the input specs.
    Has anyone investigated this?
    I'm looking at the Sony HCT -80 from Argos, it has Dolby only (Xbox outputs in Dolby or DTS).

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hey cml,

I know pretty much nothing about sound bars, so I can't help you directly. Hopefully someone here can help you, but if no one can help by tomorrow, then I'll move this thread into the Home Entertainment > General forum, hopefully one of the posters in there will be able to help you out if we can't.

CIAB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Im running a Samsung sound bar and sub woofer myself but surely you will be putting the sound bar through the optical output of the TV? Any peripherals, consoles, sky box, xbox, ps4, etc can then avail of the sound bar. Otherwise you are just limiting yourself to the sound output from the Xbone and any peripherals running through it which will be more limiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hey cml,

I know pretty much nothing about sound bars, so I can't help you directly. Hopefully someone here can help you, but if no one can help by tomorrow, then I'll move this thread into the Home Entertainment > General forum, hopefully one of the posters in there will be able to help you out if we can't.

CIAB

Thanks, but I took a chance and it's sorted.

FYI it's a Sony HT CT80 sound bar with optical input. Now I've combined pc sound and Xbox sound in one speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

amadablam wrote: »
    Im running a Samsung sound bar and sub woofer myself but surely you will be putting the sound bar through the optical output of the TV? Any peripherals, consoles, sky box, xbox, ps4, etc can then avail of the sound bar. Otherwise you are just limiting yourself to the sound output from the Xbone and any peripherals running through it which will be more limiting.

Yes but I'm using a monitor which had limited sound options.
    It seems people as rule are not having a problem with Xbox One sound, but as you say it does depend having a HDMI output or optical output from your tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cml387 wrote: »
    Yes but I'm using a monitor which had limited sound options.
    It seems people as rule are not having a problem with Xbox One sound, but as you say it does depend having a HDMI output or optical output from your tv.

Alot of the guys use headsets when playing. Sound is much better than out of a lousy TV speakers.

Something to consider is if your in a party your TV sound might be picked up by your mic/headset.

• Advertisement
Advertisement