Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Browser to a TV through BB Stick

Options
  • 17-11-2015 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi people...will start by the usual "I do not know if this in the right forum" routine..

Been asked by someone how they could show their website on a browser on a TV in a shop window...do not need apps etc...just a browser...

No wired BB to the premises so no chance of straight WiFi or Lan cable.

I had looked at Commercial TVs for 16+ hours running time but most of them do not have built in Web Browsers....only the consumer types.
    Plus not sure they would work with BB sticks.

Then I looked at something like this....would this do the job?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stoga-Android-TV-Box-1-8GHz-CS918/dp/B00E7OSRBE/ref=pd_cp_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=041JY6DADRSQ6B0RMN68

Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku etc are out btw...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If you've got no internet connection then your best bet is to install a web server on a Raspberry Pi load up the site and then display it. You can connect the TV to the Pi using an HDMI cable

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Thanks for that FSL...I meant to say she wants it to be able to update should they add broadband wired or be able to get it working with a broad band stick in the future as she needs it to refresh info...

Thanks a lot for that....maybe a non commercial tv with a browser is her only option or best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

A Pi will still work when they get broadband you connect the broadband to the Pi and use the browser on the Pi.

In addition you would only need to use a monitor and monitors are usually less expensive than the same size TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Check out Xibo, it's used for digital signage, has clients for all platforms including Android
    http://xibo.org.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Lads...I appreciate the pointers...thanks a lot...neither work for this because of a few factors but both suggestions got me thinking :

Mass's suggestion helped me search and find a few Android Players that may just do the job.

FSL suggestion reminds me that monitors are preferable because anyone could switch channels on a TV in a shop window if they wanted to be messers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭wandererz

Do a search for "Chromebit".
    It's just been released by Asus and Google @ $85. Not sure what euro pricing will be, but shouldn't be far off.

There's also a kiosk option available.

Then get a 3G/4G MiFi modem from Three or the likes and you're sorted.

Advertisement