Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way to wirelessly play music to my iPhone?

• 17-11-2015 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I got a strange question. I don't know if there's such a thing but I swear I saw it somewhere and now I can't remember where.

Basically, I have too much music on my iPhone and I would like to be able to delete it all and make room for more stuff. I primarily play my music in the car from my phone to my bluetooth radio. That's fine.

I just want to know if there's a small device out there that can store music which my iphone can recognize(wirelessly or bluetooth) - so I can choose the music from my iPhone when it's connected to my bluetooth radio. I don't mind having an extra small device to carry with with me if it means I can gain 5 or 6 gigs

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

There are some wifi media devices out there that allow you to connect a hdd or thumbdrive. You connect wirelessly to the device to play music, video etc.

As an example..
    http://www.verbatim.com/prod/accessories/wireless-streaming/mediashare-wireless/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

• Registered Users Posts: 40 murt1987

Yes, something like that alright. The San Disk wireless flash drives seem good. Anybody got any experience with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Sounds like a lot of hassle. Have a look at iTunes Match - all your music stored in the cloud, which you can play on demand. It's about €25 a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Some music services allow you to upload your own music to their servers and then you can stream it from there. This is what I do, and then just use the services app and connect over bluetooth to the car stereo. The apps are pretty good and pre-cache music so you don't have to worry about lack of phone signal if you are passing through an area with poor signal.

• Advertisement

Zcott wrote: »
    Sounds like a lot of hassle. Have a look at iTunes Match - all your music stored in the cloud, which you can play on demand. It's about €25 a year.

Good solution provided you are in a good coverage area and don't have a crappy download cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 murt1987

Yea, that would kind of be the issue for me especially when I'll be using it when driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Similar to iTunes Match you can use Google Music to store all your Music online for free. If you have any data on your mobile plan you would be mad not to go with online streaming. It will cache all your recent albums and will not find much coverage issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

degsie wrote: »
    Good solution provided you are in a good coverage area and don't have a crappy download cap.

Download album in advance of driving? These third party hard drives aren't a great solution.

Zcott wrote: »
    Download album in advance of driving? These third party hard drives aren't a great solution.

Only useful if you have enough storage capacity on your phone. I use a wifi connected hdd regularly and it works fine. Also can be shared by several users.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Jump on-line and get yourself an older generation iPod Touch with more capacity. I have a work supplied iPhone so it only 16GB but my 6yr old Touch is still going strong and is always in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Get a cheap Android/Windows phone that takes micro SD cards and has bluetooth and use it without a SIM as a media player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Again, streaming solutions would be great if we all lived in a world where there is uninterrupted coverage and limitless download capacity. We aint there just yet...

Advertisement