Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bungalow - Adding an en-suite

Options
  • 17-11-2015 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying a bungalow that doesn't currently have an ensuite. There is however a converted garage behind the main bedroom with an office and storage room that could be knocked through to potentially create a walk in wardrobe / en-suite area. My thoughts would be to put a wall up where I now have red lines to create a walkthrough to the current office room.

Anyone got any kind of ballpark figure for what i'm thinking?

Alternatively maybe just go through bedroom 2. This bedroom however isn't a great width currently

uDmeKTB.jpg

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,652 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

you dont really need to put up new walls, all you need is a new door ope from bed 1 into store

the store then becomes the wardrobe and the study becomes the en-suite, accessed through the walk-in wardrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

sydthebeat wrote: »
    you dont really need to put up new walls, all you need is a new door ope from bed 1 into store

the store then becomes the wardrobe and the study becomes the en-suite, accessed through the walk-in wardrobe.
    Main priority would be the ensuite. I'm not sure i'd want to take away the storage room either as there'd be the additional cost of redoing that in addition to buying a decent shed.

For info if anyone has other ideas there is a stairs in the storage room leading to another office type room, which then leads onto a 16m long attic.

Advertisement