Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Valkyria Chronicles coming (plus a remaster).....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

While I am pumped for this (really has me tempted by a PS4 now), a few phrases from the Famitsu article have me concerned.
    After the discovery of the azure ore called Ragnite, the Rus empire has rapidly increased its industrial development and expanded their territory. A small nation called Jutland has been economically blockaded by the big country, and have decided to attack the empire’s military base for “freedom and independence from colonial rule.”

Amleth: the protagonist, and is the captain of the “Anti-Valkyria Unit,” the top unit of the small nation of Jutland Kingdom.

Ophelia: the heroine, and princess of Jutland Kingdom.

Brynhildr: a Valkyria of the Rus Empire, who’ll stand in the way of the main characters.

The magazine also details some of the game’s looks with the “Gouache” drawing system, which will depict the game with elaborate and bright looks, giving it a painting-like presentation.

The battle system is called “LeGION” and it’s a real-time system with strategic elements. The details are light for it at the moment, but screenshots show all party members attacking at simultaneously.

Developers: Media Vision

Character Models: Flight Unit

Chief Producer: Yoichi Shimosato

Producer: Katsura Mikami

Director: Takeshi Ozawa

Character Design: Hiro Kiyohara and TakayamaToshiaki

Valkyria: Azure Revolution will release in Japan in Winter 2016.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/17/valkyria-azure-revolution-announced-for-playstation-4/#KDMzA8eBxj18bwdU.99

The bolded part has me worried the Blitz system might have been jetisoned to favour a more action focused approach (ie More like FFXV).

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I was so excited to finally see a true sequel to the first game on PS4

but it isnt a SRPG, it isnt set in the world of Valkyria Chronicles and it isnt developed by the Valkyria team :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    While I am pumped for this (really has me tempted by a PS4 now), a few phrases from the Famitsu article have me concerned.

The bolded part has me worried the Blitz system might have been jetisoned to favour a more action focused approach (ie More like FFXV).
    TBH I welcome change.

The turn-based system of VC1 (haven't played 2 nor 3) is super abusable by Scouts, feels like a watered-down Xcom.

As long as I can pause (and multiplayer isn't shoved in my face) I'll give it a bash.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Media.vision aren't a bad RPG developer, although they are no Sega Overworks/Sakura Taisen team either. It will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Also it's way too early to call that there will be no SRPG elements or whether they will work or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Funny to read my 3yo comment, knowing that Valkyria Revolution turned out to be shíte! :pac:

Valkyria Chronicles 4 seems to be a lot better, and more for fans of VC1.
    http://www.frontlinejp.net/2018/03/26/review-valkyria-chronicles-4-senjou-no-valkyria-4/

Advertisement