Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine kits

Options
  • 17-11-2015 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Just want to find out what wine kits are you going to brew for the Christmas,
    what kits do you like using 7 day kits preferable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ferg44

made up a Cellar 7, 7 day red cab sav about 3 weeks ago , followed the instructions apart from where it said to stir the brew on day 5 for a couple of minutes .. I brought it out to garage and knocked the life out of it with the stirring paddle on the end of a drill for 15-20 minutes to get rid of CO2..
    Worked anyway , 'cause I ve been demolishing my festive stock way too soon.(Tested it on day 8 , ok , day 14+ was much improved )
    Even the Mrs reckons its 'ok '
    Better than many a bottle for €8 I got in petrol stations anyway

Made one mistake , and made it up to about 1 Litre short in the FV ...
    Read somewhere that making it up to the full 23 L , makes the resulting vino a bit watery
    It s nice, but v fruity, possible because I left it too strong .
    Anyone looking for a dry wine ( if that's the correct term) , stay clear of this , mate who knows his wine says this stuff is far from dry ??

Have a Cellar 7 Merlot to make up this wk , going to make that up to the exact mark and compare it

Advertisement