Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerlifting session

Options
  • 17-11-2015 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm wondering if there is anyone in the galway area that give me a coaching lesson. I've been lifting for a while but need someone to just check my technique and firm etc. aim is to compete at some stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

hilisa wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm wondering if there is anyone in the galway area that give me a coaching lesson. I've been lifting for a while but need someone to just check my technique and firm etc. aim is to compete at some stage.

if you are thinking of competing you would need more than just a single session to check form etc... what I am learning now is that it's a total evolution.

I was doing a bit of lifting by myself with a little direction, I decided to aim for a competition and got involved with a coach and i have ended up stepping right back down and stripping back my lifts to concentrate on form and build back up- a somewhat frustrating task but starting to see the benefits now.

. I'm not familiar with any of the PL clubs in Galway but have a google and give a call to see what might suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

whippet wrote: »
    if you are thinking of competing you would need more than just a single session to check form etc
    Why do you say that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Mellor wrote: »
    Why do you say that?

Because there's a lot to take in in a short period of time, and the chance of ****ing it up or missing something subtle that takes more time to develop is pretty high.

Actually. This might be of interest: https://www.facebook.com/events/177066989304907/181229028888703/

I'm doing an squat / bench /dead workshop in a buddies gym down your way tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hilisa

Hanley wrote: »
    Actually. This might be of interest: https://www.facebook.com/events/177066989304907/181229028888703/

I'm doing an squat / bench /dead workshop in a buddies gym down your way tomorrow

Do I need to be a member? This might be a stupid question but do I just come without gym gear and you give us demos and a talk etc or do I need to be kitted out?

• Advertisement

Do I need to be a member? This might be a stupid question but do I just come without gym gear and you give us demos and a talk etc or do I need to be kitted out?

Pretty sure it's an open event, but message them on facebook to confirm.

I'm just the speaker :)

We've a few "models" selected already for it, so I'd say just come along in whatever gear you want and don't expect to lift. But you'll get to see someone be walked thru everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hilisa

Hanley wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's an open event, but message them on facebook to confirm.

I'm just the speaker :)

We've a few "models" selected already for it, so I'd say just come along in whatever gear you want and don't expect to lift. But you'll get to see someone be walked thru everything!

Perfect. Just called them and as you said it's open to anyone so il be there. Looking forward to it .

Perfect. Just called them and as you said it's open to anyone so il be there. Looking forward to it .

Epic. Serious timing.

Advertisement