Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout ready?

Options
  • 17-11-2015 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

looks very likely my area will go down, lights flickering ect. Normally goes with half bad weather anyway.

Fires lighting, Plenty of candles out, torches for all, the 12v lamping battery pack with led strip light, camp stove, booster pack which has 12v plug to keep the phones and ipad powered up. Phones and ipad all charged up now too so it will be netflix on the ipad for the night if the power goes out :p And of course, beer in the fridge :D

Anyone lost power yet? Heard there are over 20,000 homes out already but didn't hear mention of areas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Lost power in the morning for a second, just enough to have to reset all the clocks but that was it. Only annoying thing was wind was blowing down the chimney so couldn't have a fire. Fire started OK but ended up like a fire breathing dragon with flames coming out the air vent. I thought it might not go so only had a few small bits of wood on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

my3cents wrote: »
    Lost power in the morning for a second, just enough to have to reset all the clocks but that was it. Only annoying thing was wind was blowing down the chimney so couldn't have a fire. Fire started OK but ended up like a fire breathing dragon with flames coming out the air vent. I thought it might not go so only had a few small bits of wood on it.

Updraft allowing cowl sorts that.

Have the candles, gas hob, matches, open fire I can use with burnable stuff in the shed (briquettes etc).
    aaakev wrote: »
    so it will be netflix on the ipad for the night if the power goes out :p

What's powering your router?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

my3cents wrote: »

We didn't loose it in the end to the disappointment of the kids who were looking forward to it! Luckily we didn't have the trouble with the fire.

I think the missus thought for the first time that I'm not crazy for having all my gear because she could see exactly how useful it could have been last night :)

L1011 wrote: »
    What's powering your router?

I've a 3g and WiFi ipad so it's got a sim ;)

Advertisement