Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

order of works for esb connnection?

Options
  • 17-11-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭

Currently....
    • The ESB box is in place. Nothing in the ESB box bar the main wire leading to the fuse box and the rope/duct to the nearest esb pole
    • House is 90% wired (fuse board complete, mostly just tv wiring left to be completed).
    • Red duct fully in place.
    • Signed up with bord gais as a supplier.
    • Electrician has (finally) sent in the wiring cert.

What is next? Who I need to be chasing to get power on? Does my electrician need to do anything else before the esb can make their connection? or does bord gais need to put in their meter first?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

893bet wrote: »
    Currently....
    • The ESB box is in place. Nothing in the ESB box bar the main wire leading to the fuse box and the rope/duct to the nearest esb pole
    • House is 90% wired (fuse board complete, mostly just tv wiring left to be completed).
    • Red duct fully in place.
    • Signed up with bord gais as a supplier.
    • Electrician has (finally) sent in the wiring cert.

What is next? Who I need to be chasing to get power on? Does my electrician need to do anything else before the esb can make their connection? or does bord gais need to put in their meter first?

Thanks.

Have you applied to ESB For a new connection, received quote and paid for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭893bet

mickdw wrote: »
    Have you applied to ESB For a new connection, received quote and avidly paid for it?

Sorry yes. This has been done 12 weeks ago or more. They visited site and told me where to duct.

As far as I know they guarantee that they will get the connection up and running within 2 weeks of receiving the cert from your electrical contractor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭893bet

mickdw wrote: »
    As far as I know they guarantee that they will get the connection up and running within 2 weeks of receiving the cert from your electrical contractor

So the ball is in the ESB's park? No point me ringing my sparkie or bord gais?

Need power on to get heating on before cold weather comes! Tiler waiting to start. Carpenter waiting etc.

So the ball is in the ESB's park? No point me ringing my sparkie or bord gais?

Need power on to get heating on before cold weather comes! Tiler waiting to start. Carpenter waiting etc.

I might be wrong but I don't think it's anything to do with bord gais. They are only your billing company really. It's all esb networks re the connection as far as I know.
    I suppose you could ring networks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement