Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree cuttings left all over road

Options
  • 17-11-2015 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Mods please move if in wrong area.

Some fool just cut down a tree in my estate and has left tons of small leftovers of sticks and twigs on footpaths and road. Danger to pedestrians and drivers. Who would take a complaint for this. The local council or gardai.thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭outdoors247

I'd think the council but I might be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Council litter warden. Mention that it is a hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

its a bit windy out,that could explain the sticks and twigs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭hadepsx

its a bit windy out,that could explain the sticks and twigs.....

yeah I noticed the wind thanks:rolleyes:.

no as I said this fool was out in the crazy wind, with his chainsaw, cutting up the tree. then fecked off leaving all the scrappy bits behind.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

hadepsx wrote: »

no as I said this fool was out in the crazy wind, with his chainsaw, cutting up the tree. then fecked off leaving all the scrappy bits behind.:mad:
    Was he clearing a fallen tree from the road or path? or was he just working in his garden during the storm? Was it his tree in his garden?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I would guess that he was tidying up a tree that got blown down in the wind. Who's made to start a job outside when there's a purple dinosaur blown a storm

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You could complain.

Or you could just grab a broom and dustpan.

I went by only 5 mins earlier and the tree was standing. On the way back it was leaning on a metal railing, it was no danger where it as well away from house's. I think he was an opportunist who just cut off the main part of tree and took that away. But he could have at least cleaned up after himself.

And no I won't be picking up a dustpan, why should I have to clean up after someone else's mess. If that was me I would have cleaned it either straight away, or no later than first light.

BTW it's still there all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

OP, it's annoying and of course he should have cleaned up after himself. But I'd imagine you'd be laughed out of it if you rang up a litter warden, or worse still the Gardai, this morning to complain about leaves and twigs all over your road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭nookie

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

You could complain.

Or you could just grab a broom and dustpan.

At least 50% of the cost of any tree work is the cost of clearing up afterwards, thats why cowboys leave a mess behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I went by only 5 mins earlier and the tree was standing. On the way back it was leaning on a metal railing, it was no danger where it as well away from house's.

:eek::eek::eek: Are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I went by only 5 mins earlier and the tree was standing. On the way back it was leaning on a metal railing,

He must be quite a guy, able to cut down an entire tree (big enough to leave such a mess on the road that it's a danger to motorists and pedestrians) in only 5 minutes with just a chainsaw!

Council came out and cleaned it up. Took about 6 wheelbarrow loads to shift it. One of them type of trees that's all small branches.so once the main part is gone it's all crappy stuff. If u know what I mean. <MOD SNIP >

Advertisement