Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't you advise your customers of the cost of a 1890 number in advance(or on you

Options
  • 17-11-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

We have spent over E20 on hold to your sales department, customer service department and technical department over the past 2 weeks.  Your service has been awful too, in every department, hence we were on the phone to your departments for over 2 hours in total. 

Why don't you advise your customers of the cost of a 1890 number in advance(or on your website)? Yes, I am aware one can email and contact using other mediums however this is not as effective.

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Tim.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

It is on their website - call charges.

Did you check their call rates when you signed up to Eircom? 

I do agree that an 1890 number is no longer 'lo-call'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

timc1 wrote: »
    Hi,

We have spent over E20 on hold to your sales department, customer service department and technical department over the past 2 weeks.  Your service has been awful too, in every department, hence we were on the phone to your departments for over 2 hours in total. 

Why don't you advise your customers of the cost of a 1890 number in advance(or on your website)? Yes, I am aware one can email and contact using other mediums however this is not as effective.

Kind regards,

Tim.
    Hi tim

The call charges can be found here: https://www.eir.ie/group/pricing/call_charges/

The only department that has a charge for 1890260260 is the technical support team

The customer care team can be contacted on free phone 1901 and sales on free phone 1800500300

I will pass on your feedback to online operations.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi,

Kind regards,

Tim.
    Hi tim

The call charges can be found here: https://www.eir.ie/group/pricing/call_charges/

The only department that has a charge for 1890260260 is the technical support team

The customer care team can be contacted on free phone 1901 and sales on free phone 1800500300

I will pass on your feedback to online operations.

Thanks
    Al
    From Saynotto1890.com

"Eircom Broadband
    • Customer Service 1890260260 – Call Instead 017015609 (or you could try 01678 8888,but you may have to ask to be put through to Broadband support)
    • Or try 1901, then enter your telephone number when asked, then option 3, then option 2."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi op all you need to do is search for the international phone number.

It will be a landline so thus cost you nothing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

Use saynoto1890 and find the geographical alternative to the 1890 number.  It has alternatives to most 1850, 1890 and 0818 numbers. All companies who use these numbers should give the geographical number alongside the callsave but most don't.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice guys,

There is also an option to call 01 6714444 if you would prefer to call a landline.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭timc1

There is also an option to call 01 6714444 if you would prefer to call a landline.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for the advice guys.  I still believe your customers should not be ripped off for calling your technical support, it should be complementary(1800) 'as part of your service'.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for the advice guys.  I still believe your customers should not be ripped off for calling your technical support, it should be complementary(1800) 'as part of your service'.
    No problem timc1

I'll ensure your feedback reaches eir operations

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement