Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volkera Boiler

Options
  • 17-11-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I have a Volkera boiler. It has leaks and needs repair or replacement. The plumber is recommending a new hi efficiency boiler at a cost of 2,000 euro as opposed to repair with replacement parts for 700e as there is no guarantee something will go wrong after its repaired.

The boiler is about eleven years old. Does anyone have experience of getting repairs done on their Volkera boiler?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Suggest you ask mods to move to plumbing and heating forum where you should get some expert opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭caesarthechimp

It might be worth availing of the SEAI grants here.
    If you get the heating control upgrade (new programmer and thermostat) the grant is €700. But you would also need a new BER cert to claim the grant, costing up to €150, but with its own extra €50 grant, mcgoverns estate agents there would give you the names of local assessors.
    The new condensing boiler would also give you an extra 10% fuel efficiency compared to the old one. So 10% off your gas bill every time. You'll just have to do the maths and make your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

FionnualaC wrote: »
    Hi

I have a Volkera boiler. It has leaks and needs repair or replacement. The plumber is recommending a new hi efficiency boiler at a cost of 2,000 euro as opposed to repair with replacement parts for 700e as there is no guarantee something will go wrong after its repaired.

The boiler is about eleven years old. Does anyone have experience of getting repairs done on their Volkera boiler?

I have a Volkera boiler which leaks from time to time also. Mine is 8 years old.

Can i ask you when it leaks?
    mine leaks when its windy and raining... with a small puddle of water when its very windy and raining.

I had Volkera out to service and repair it - cost me €250, it still leaked.
    I had a local guy out in September and did a good service and no issues since then.

This is the company i used to "fix" it found them useless..

http://www.vokera.ie/

if you want a local guys name let me know and ill send it over to you

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FionnualaC

Thanks for the info/advice all. Have posted to plumbing and heating forum also but thought Charlesland experience would be good.

in response to cocker 5:

Boiler hasnt been in use all summer and one day a small pool appeared in the hall when it still wasnt in use. Since then that leak has been repaired but when the heating was switched on the expansion vessel and another valve started to leak. So they need replacing. I am not living there at the moment - in UK. Management company overseeing things and new tenant moving in so dont have first hand experience of the leak. I lived there myself from 2004-2009 and never had a leak. But I forgot about annual servicing in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FionnualaC

Thanks for the info/advice all. Have posted to plumbing and heating forum also but thought Charlesland experience would be good.

in response to cocker 5:

Boiler hasnt been in use all summer and one day a small pool appeared in the hall when it still wasnt in use. Since then that leak has been repaired but when the heating was switched on the expansion vessel and another valve started to leak. So they need replacing. I am not living there at the moment - in UK. Management company overseeing things and new tenant moving in so dont have first hand experience of the leak. I lived there myself from 2004-2009 and never had a leak. But I forgot about annual servicing in the meantime.

Looked into SEI Grants but unfortunately doesnt apply to New boiler and upgrade isnt what is needed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement