Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Build, budget €600

Options
  • 17-11-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

I have never built a pc before, i have always used laptops. Iv tried some pc building websites but i struggle to understand what parts are compatible with what.

Im looking for a build that can run most games (civ 5, cities skylines, (bf4-If possible)) with a decent frame rate, i dont mind playing on med-low graphic settings.

Would it be best to Buy the parts before or after christmas?

sorry im new to this, Any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Considered a self build?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

tried making a build on this german website hardwareversand.de but dident turn out as planned, went a bit over budget, any help

8GB HyperX FURY Blue 1600MHz DDR3 CL10
    39,99 €

Intel Core i3-4170 3,7GHz LGA1150 3MB Cache Boxed...
    116,99 €

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-Bit (SB-Version)
    99,99 €

Toshiba DT01ACA Series 2TB, SATA 6Gb
    69,99 €

XFX R9-380P 2G DD Dual fan
    197,99 €

Sale: MSI B85-G43 Gaming, ATX, Sockel 1150
    80,32 €

XFX PRO550W Core Edition Full Wired Power Supply
    61,99 €

LG GH24NS bare schwarz
    13,99 €

Sale: BitFenix Shadow
    55,87 €

that comes in at a total of €737.12 plus whatever the shipping is.

i could probably up my budget, but still am i going overkill anywhere?

Running it through skinflint.co.uk will knock a little off. Short of that, a W7 key is likely cheaper, or a 1tb HDD will knock a little off too

if i was going to buy a pc should i buy it before or after christmas?

ok i made a build that comes to 720 after delivery and the trick using geizhals.de to get cheaper prices.

It stands at:

Cooler Master N300 with side window, ohne Netzteil
    €398.98

Intel Core i3-4170 3,7GHz LGA1150 3MB Cache Boxed CPU
    €116.70

Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC, 2GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, Displayport
    €195.78

Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s
    €47.99

8GB HyperX FURY Blue 1600MHz DDR3 CL10
    €39.16

MSI Z97 PC Mate, Sockel 1150, ATX
    €85.89

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-Bit (SB-Version)
    €96.40

LG GH24NS bare schwarz
    €13.99

Seasonic G-550, 550 Watt, 80PLUS Gold
    €76.43

I have a feeling i need to choose a different pcu, any suggestions?

Should i Buy this all on black friday to get cheaper prices?

Anywhere i could cut back on anything?

All Help Welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You could definitely get a cheaper PSU, something like a VS450 or CX430 for example. The difference should be put into an SSD - even if its only a 32/64gb for the OS, it makes a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Must be a typo in your build is the case 390?

Like terror said power supply.

Yea it was a typo, meant to be €39.89

i can get the "Corsair VS Serie VS450, Non-Modular, 80+" for $38.98

i can get the "SanDisk SSD Ultra II 120GB SDSSDHII-120G-G25" for €56.89

Hardware versand are having some sort of sale next friday, mybe i can get some things a bit cheaper.

should i spend the €10 for them to build it for me, iv heard bad things about it but up until about a week ago i dident even know what goes in a pc, never mind know how to put it together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

sirboby wrote: »
    Yea it was a typo, meant to be €39.89

i can get the "Corsair VS Serie VS450, Non-Modular, 80+" for $38.98

i can get the "SanDisk SSD Ultra II 120GB SDSSDHII-120G-G25" for €56.89

Hardware versand are having some sort of sale next friday, mybe i can get some things a bit cheaper.

should i spend the €10 for them to build it for me, iv heard bad things about it but up until about a week ago i dident even know what goes in a pc, never mind know how to put it together.

With the help of the patient and good guys and gals on here I put one together and while it is a little daunting it was surprisingly straight forward. Great learning curve too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You could always buy this fella's build, that takes most of the worry of building away from you.

The 270 in it is alright, but you could sell it for €100+ or thereabouts and buy a 380. Total cost would be <€700 and the specs are unbelievable for the price, the only thing it's missing is an SSD.

For €800 you could have that build and an GTX 970, which is the ideal 1080p machine nowadays for about €300 less than you'd usually pay.

• Advertisement

ehh i would rather get my own.

is hardwere versand still a good place to buy i read they went into insolvent a few months ago.

I used Mindfactory.de faultless. Not sure how they compare price wise.

They're still operating as a different entity now. Pulled a bit of a **** move just before they went into liquidation by forcing people to pay via Bank Transfer, so they couldn't get a PayPal refund. I don't recommend them anymore because of that, but people have ordered off them since with no issue so they're still going.

Mindfactory.de turns out roughly €30 dearer

would i need a 450w or 550w for this build

450 is enough for it

i was checking out the prices for my build and while i was looking at the final figures it is charging me €60 but when i remove the case it droped back down to €30.

Is this ment to happen?

Yeah mindfactorys case's are from a different warehouse so you've to pay delivery twice for that. Amazon or dabs might be cheaper for the case

if i buy all the other parts from mindfactory it will total at €785 plus €60 for the case from dabs.

But i can get all of it from hardwareversand for €760, but i heard there not trusted too much.

Whats your opinion?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure, you likely won't have an issue with HWVS, even if they screwed people before, it's your call really, your money. Out of principal I'd avoid hwvs but that's me.

sirboby wrote: »
    if i buy all the other parts from mindfactory it will total at €785 plus €60 for the case from dabs.

But i can get all of it from hardwareversand for €760, but i heard there not trusted too much.

Whats your opinion?

Based on dealing with them only a few months ago Mindfactory.de. Excellent service, know nothing about the other guys but wouldn't go near them anyway having read their history.

thank you all for your help, everyone here has been so helpful :)

Advertisement