Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****...need a hairdresser !!

Options
  • 17-11-2015 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Hi folks....went to a different stylist today...my own hairdresser unwell. She didn't take much off it but the style is woeful!! I have short hair so I need a recommendation...city centre...I can go during my break...TIA!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Are you in Dublin? If you don't mind paying a bit to get it fixed I would recommend either House of Colour or Style Club. Style Club fixed a disaster haircut I got before and were really nice about it. House of Colour are a little more expensive but are really into talking you through each step and telling you what will and won't work for your hair and do beautiful cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Where are you? There's a few city centre's in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Sorry folks, Dublin City Centre.....Charlie, which House of Colour?? Isn't there a few in town?? thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Sorry, only saw this now! I usually go to either Wellington quay or abbey st but apparently Wellington quay has been relocated to d'olier st. Did you get sorted? Hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Ah jesus....don't talk to me. Went to a "reputable" salon yesterday eve and my hair is a disaster. I have highlights and she cut right into the back of my hair which looks like a "step" and the back of my head now has a stripey effect!!! I left the place in shock but I need to get it fixed. I look like **** and am broke to boot!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

With short hair, it pays to take your time to find a good hairdresser. Don't make panic appointments, it rarely works as I've learnt in the past before I re-trained.

Sounds like your highlights are a few weeks old with some root showing if the cut gives them a blocky effect? Ordinary highlights aren't great on short hair. You'd be better off with colour flashes or colour placed on a diagonal.

When you book into a new salon, if you haven't got a personal recommendation, ask the receptionist who is the best stylist at cutting short hair.

Also, never go for the cheaper junior stylist as they're the least experienced.
    Start with a senior cutter and then when you get to know the place, you can choose someone lower on the price list. They only need to follow the previous cut and the senior person should be around to supervise and explain what they did the last time.

Chances are, the good salon reputation has been built up by their top stylist (not necessarily the owner) so it doesn't automatically mean the rest of the staff are as brilliant.

HTH. :)

Advertisement