Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with my wireless tv sender!!

• 17-11-2015 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Having serious bother with what I thought would be an easy set up.

I've a Upc box in the sitting room and I wanted to watch it in the bedroom. Bought a One 4 All Wireless Tv Sender and hooked it up. The remote seems to work fine, in other words I can turn the bedroom tv off with the UPC remote but I can't do much else. It is asking me to switch to Ext or Av but the tv has neither. Just a TV setting or a Source button with TV setting, Scart or HDMI slots. I've tried em all and to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

DM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

How is the receiver box connected to the TV in the bedroom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

It's connected with a Scart. It's also connected with a scart to the UPC box.

I've tried it again today and no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Upc boxes only work with either scart or hdmi at once, if box has both only one will work

If box is connected via scart select the appropriate socket on the tv using the source button eg av1 or av2 or ext1 on some tv..7

Wireless transmitters in my opinion are a hit or miss product work in some houses wont in others and are prone to interference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ok, since you've provided very little in the way of technical info, I'm going to assume the following...

1. The kit you have consists of a sender box connected to the UPC box and a receiver box connected to the bedroom TV.

2. The two boxes are set to the same channel i.e. they are able to talk to one another.

3. The UPC box is set to output the video signal to the SCART port - if it has HDMI and SCART you usually have to pick one over the other, check the UPC setup menus on the TV downstairs.

The bedroom TV needs to be set to receive the signal from the SCART socket though typically this will happen automatically when there is an incoming signal.

Advertisement