Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Advice for U.S. Citizen

Options
  • 18-11-2015 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I am looking to extend my stay in the country and am trying to sort out my possibilities. I am a 25 year old female (unmarried - I saw somewhere that this may make a difference) and a U.S. Citizen. I am currently in Ireland taking care of my grandmother who is an Irish citizen but was born abroad. My mother has submitted her information for the Foreign Births Registrar but this was done after I was born. I believe that combination makes me ineligible for citizenship outright.

I currently have my grandmother, three blood-related uncles and their families, and a host of cousins and distant family members who are all citizens here so I have a lot of ties to the country. I have been coming here every year for a while now so I have spent a good amount of time in the country already. Some of my relatives are fairly prominent (ie. held good jobs at government agencies / universities) so maybe that can help my cause.

I was looking at the Stamp 4 visa and believe it may be an option for me however I am concerned since I am 1) Over 18 and 2) would be a "dependant" of my grandmother however she is a pensioner and doesn't have a large income. Ideally I would get this Visa so that I could take up additional employment to support myself after my savings run out and continue to take care of her.

Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation? Or can recommend any paths to take? I believe I can get a PPS number in town and will be able to register with the Garda this week, I would ideally have a bit more information before I go and speak to them.

Thank you so much in advance!

Advertisement