Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inishfree boxing club in Sligo?

Options
  • 18-11-2015 9:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi - was just looking into some boxing clubs around Sligo.

I saw there was a boxing night in the Clarion hotel last weekend and, there were some Sligo boxers competing.

I was actually curious as to what club they're a part of?

I know there's the Reynolds's gym in Ballinacarrow but, I don't have a car at the moment so that's a bit too out of the way.

I read on google there's Inishfree boxing club around Caltragh.
    Anyone any experience of that?
    Training times, attendance etc?

Also - I believe there's a boxing gym in the Market Yard Sligo.
    Do they train competitive boxers, or is it just fitness classes?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Anyone?

No?

Even any information for a website where I could find out more perhaps?

Actually - I don't know where I got that name out of but, made an inquiry and, I believe the gym is in Abbey quarters in Cranmore?

Well, I'll check it out next week.

It sounded like quite a reputable gym, but, if you guys know the name of any others, feel free to throw them out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Actually - I don't know where I got that name out of but, made an inquiry and, I believe the gym is in Abbey quarters in Cranmore?

Well, I'll check it out next week.

It sounded like quite a reputable gym, but, if you guys know the name of any others, feel free to throw them out there.

Abbeyquarter is a community center not a gym, and the inishfree boxing club have their own clubhouse. I don't have any details on it though as to when it meets etc, but you could ask the regeneration office?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Try this
    http://www.iaba.ie/about/boxing-clubs/connaught-boxing-clubs/sligo-boxing-clubs/

There was a boxing club in the Market Yard too, but don't know if it's still about.
    http://www.sligosportandrecreation.ie/listing/golden-gloves-boxing-club/

Failing that call in to Mugendo Sligo kickboxing in the centre under St Joesph's church in Ballytivnan, he might be able to give you info on any boxing clubs about town.

I went to the Inishfree club in Cranmore.

Good club, good training.

We went out to Drumahaire for some sparring with another club out there also.
    I think there's a lot of that - going from one club to the next for sparring.
    They mentioned going out the Ballinacarrow for sparring also.

I had heard the club in the Market yard is more fitness boxing?
    That they don't really have a competition element there...

• Advertisement
Advertisement