Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Q

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

swoofer wrote: »
    how many outputs on a hybrid LNB

2 x SkyQ outputs, 4 x legacy outputs, basically a SkyQ and Quad LNB combined.

314bebm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

swoofer wrote: »
    how many outputs on a hybrid LNB and any more feedback on HD quality??

I counted 6 on mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

What recordings can you download to iPad and watch away from skyQ box , have got a bit confused
    Can you download box sets and watch away from skyQ box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

What recordings can you download to iPad and watch away from skyQ box , have got a bit confused
    Can you download box sets and watch away from skyQ box
    Anything you record from main box is available on iPad with option of saving it to iPad to watch offline but it only remains on iPad for a certain period of time.

Just downloaded Amistad in UHD ..is was 20gb 😬😮

• Advertisement

Anyone else find the uhd on sky a bit underwhelming ,Netflix is far better not a huge difference from HD ...although sport is noticeable better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

harr wrote: »
    Anyone else find the uhd on sky a bit underwhelming ,Netflix is far better not a huge difference from HD ...although sport is noticeable better

Yeah the footie looks great but I agree, Netflix UHD content looks much better than Sky

harr wrote: »
    Anything you record from main box is available on iPad with option of saving it to iPad to watch offline but it only remains on iPad for a certain period of time.

I don't think you are right there, I recorded maigret last night, it's in my recordings but when I press download to iPad tag it's not there to download

I don't think you are right there, I recorded maigret last night, it's in my recordings but when I press download to iPad tag it's not there to download
    Just checked it seems hit and miss ..I have game thrones box set downloaded and I can only download to my iPad certain episodes ...first five episodes won't go onto my iPad the rest are fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any sign of that no BT on mini-boxes thing getting sorted? Annoying I can't watch Man City...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

As far as I know it needs to be on Sky to download to iPad. Anything on BBC, RTE, BT etc. won't be available to download on the Sky Q app

AMGer wrote: »
    As far as I know it needs to be on Sky to download to iPad. Anything on BBC, RTE, BT etc. won't be available to download on the Sky Q app

Yes I think it could be copy right issues on a particular program as it works for rte news but not maigret which was on the same channel

I have a sky silver box and 2 minis
    Only one of the minis goes into standby ( Amber light) after telly turned off after a certain time , the green light stays on all the time on the other 2 boxes, I have noticed the mini gets quite hot,.
    Should not all the boxes go into standby after a certain time of non use? Like on the Sky+ boxes

AMGer wrote: »
    Yeah the footie looks great but I agree, Netflix UHD content looks much better than Sky
    Just watched some of the Martian on uhd and it's was great Quality so it obviously makes a huge difference if movie is shot in 4k or up scaled for 4K the older movies are not much better than HD and I also noticed 4K looks a lot better in a darker room ..

I have a sky silver box and 2 minis
    Only one of the minis goes into standby ( Amber light) after telly turned off after a certain time , the green light stays on all the time on the other 2 boxes, I have noticed the mini gets quite hot,.
    Should not all the boxes go into standby after a certain time of non use? Like on the Sky+ boxes

Ok I have resolved this issue, I noticed that the 2 boxes were set to none, ie no standby, so I have set them to active and see how that goes

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Anyone get the installation fee reduced or whats the best I can hope for? Going to ring tomorrow to do a bit of haggling...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Anyone get the installation fee reduced or whats the best I can hope for? Going to ring tomorrow to do a bit of haggling...

Got the installation fee for €80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Ordered Sky Fibre Unlimited today, will I be sent the Sky Q Hub automatically if I already have Sky Q?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Ordered Sky Fibre Unlimited today, will I be sent the Sky Q Hub automatically if I already have Sky Q?

I'd say so, I am due a SKY Q installation on Thursday and I got my hub in the post in advance of that with password etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

SmallBalls wrote: »

Took a bit of haggling but when I rang them last week, I got the installation for €179 rather than €249 for the Silver Q Box and 2 additional boxes.

Thats as an existing customer.

In fairness, by the end the girl also took €12 off the €67 standard monthly fee so there is something small to be gotten. (I should add I'm getting sports / movies and BB with them so the total cost is still around €150 pm).

• Advertisement

When I tune in FTA channels on the main sky Q box they don't show up on the minis. Anyway to do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

When I tune in FTA channels on the main sky Q box they don't show up on the minis. Anyway to do this?

Do you mean ITV regions under 'other channels'? AFAIK you can only get them on the main box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭techdiver

Do you mean ITV regions under 'other channels'? AFAIK you can only get them on the main box.

The last update enabled those on the minis.

You can only add from the main silver box, but they can now be viewed from the minis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

techdiver wrote:
    You can only add from the main silver box, but they can now be viewed from the minis.

Correct.

techdiver wrote: »
    The last update enabled those on the minis.

I have the most recent update but when I add a channel, it still only shows up on the main box. Any ideas?

EDIT Didn't update the two mini boxes. All sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Do you still need Sky broadband to get Sky Q?

Also, do you need six satellite feeds going into the main box? I have two going to our current main box in the sitting room and two going to another room. I think it would be difficult to get more wires from the dish to the sitting room, well awkward anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Do you still need Sky broadband to get Sky Q?

Also, do you need six satellite feeds going into the main box? I have two going to our current main box in the sitting room and two going to another room. I think it would be difficult to get more wires from the dish to the sitting room, well awkward anyway.

Just 2 cables to the main box, none to the minis. If you push for a hybrid LNB you'd have the option of running other cables to rooms. For example, many TVs come with an inbuilt sat tuner which could pick up itvs and 5s etc without having the hassle of "other channels" which has been clunky on Q thus far.

The existing 2 cables is all that required for SkyQ but they do have to install a new LNB.

The problem could be that they won't install a hybrid LNB that will be required for a SkyQ box and a standard receiver to operate from the same dish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Marcusm wrote: »
    Just 2 cables to the main box, none to the minis. If you push for a hybrid LNB you'd have the option of running other cables to rooms. For example, many TVs come with an inbuilt sat tuner which could pick up itvs and 5s etc without having the hassle of "other channels" which has been clunky on Q thus far.

Great, thanks. So is the requirement to have Sky broadband gone yet?

• Advertisement

So is the requirement to have Sky broadband gone yet?

Yes I believe it is.

Advertisement