Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Q

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭jeffk

Randomly i have to unplug and re-plug both boxes to get the mini going

Usually starts with a black screen on the mini

• Registered Users Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

When I changed my mini boxes to standby setting, it wasn't as hot as when I left it on permanently so I leave them plugged in , however if I was going away for any length of time I would unplug them

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

techdiver wrote: »
    Happens to me too.

I checked out the sky help forums and apparently sky are aware of the issue. Seems to only happen since the last update.

Just an update to this, I rang this morning to buy two more minis (€240 :mad:) and mentioned this problem to sky. They ran tests and concluded that the box is faulty and have put a note on the installation to replace this box when the other two are being installed. Knocked €10 off my next bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

I was wondering if I got an iPad storage extender ( Amazon) as my iPad 16gb storage is isn't really sufficient for downloading any box set series etc
    My question is when the iPad says there isn't enough storage capacity ,would it download directly to the extender and could I watch whatever directly from the device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I was wondering if I got an iPad storage extender ( Amazon) as my iPad 16gb storage is isn't really sufficient for downloading any box set series etc
    My question is when the iPad says there isn't enough storage capacity ,would it download directly to the extender and could I watch whatever directly from the device

I've never heard of such a device have you got a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

jca wrote: »
    I've never heard of such a device have you got a link?

Go into Amazon uk and in the search box type in iPad storage extender and you will get a selection of them

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Is it possible to get Eir sports on the mini's? Don't mind paying if it's reasonable. Using a HDMI to the other TV but would prefer to flick through channels easier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Is HD included for free with Sky Q still?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get Eir sports on the mini's? Don't mind paying if it's reasonable. Using a HDMI to the other TV but would prefer to flick through channels easier

Yes contact eir direct. Extra 5/6€ a month

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Joo0 wrote: »
    Is HD included for free with Sky Q still?
    no, needs to be bought, but always offers available

• Advertisement

Installed on August 16, everything was going great til yesterday. The silver box just won't pick up the Wi-Fi signal so no On Demand and the Mini box is a dead duck.

Have tried everything so far to get them to connect but no joy. Will have to ring them tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭jones

Installed on August 16, everything was going great til yesterday. The silver box just won't pick up the Wi-Fi signal so no On Demand and the Mini box is a dead duck.

Have tried everything so far to get them to connect but no joy. Will have to ring them tomorrow.

Did you go into the installer menu and check to see if wifi was enabled? I had something weird on my sky Q silver box after installation. I was connected via wifi but in the advanced settings it said ethernet connection on. I ended up resetting the box and connecting by WIFI again and everything is ok.

jones wrote: »
    Did you go into the installer menu and check to see if wifi was enabled? I had something weird on my sky Q silver box after installation. I was connected via wifi but in the advanced settings it said ethernet connection on. I ended up resetting the box and connecting by WIFI again and everything is ok.

Thanks for advice. I rang them this morning and the guy on the phone was able to sort it down the phone. Had to power off all three boxes and they able to reestablish connection between the Q box and the router.

How, I haven't a clue :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

Bradz213 wrote: »

Unless Eir have started doing this recently they don't do this with Sky Q, at least not yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭jones

mossie wrote: »
    Unless Eir have started doing this recently they don't do this with Sky Q, at least not yet.

I think there is some new pack from BT to tie in with the sky Q mini's. not sure about eir. I've the eir sport pack on my main box but nothing on my minis

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

BT seem to allow it in the UK but Eir Sport do not allow it here.

As I understand, the culprit is Eir's desire to charge per box, which simply cannot be done with Sky Q as the Sky Q minis have no individual viewing cards. Eir's (unsatisfactory) way of handling this is to simply not allow any viewing on Sky Q mini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

icdg wrote: »
    BT seem to allow it in the UK but Eir Sport do not allow it here.

As I understand, the culprit is Eir's desire to charge per box, which simply cannot be done with Sky Q as the Sky Q minis have no individual viewing cards. Eir's (unsatisfactory) way of handling this is to simply not allow any viewing on Sky Q mini.

BT permit it for a £5 multi room fee recognising that you can only use 2 additional minis. Eir is abusing its position by restricting access but the toothless regulator will not do anything. Had it been clear about this at least consumers would have had a choice. I placed my boxes in the best position as regards connectivity recognising that main viewing would, as a consequence, he on mini boxes. At the time, BT Sport had announced their fix; how naive of me not to realise that Eitcom would not be similarly even handed.

there is another thread on this issue

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057633316/1

We wait for Eir's response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

mdfire wrote: »
    there is another thread on this issue

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057633316/1

We wait for Eir's response.

But that's a thread where the idiotic eir representative states that it is available only to be proved wrong when boardsies try to access it. The subsequent lack of a resolution or update or even a contradiction of their own post illustrates their impotence.

Marcusm wrote: »
    But that's a thread where the idiotic eir representative states that it is available only to be proved wrong when boardsies try to access it. The subsequent lack of a resolution or update or even a contradiction of their own post illustrates their impotence.

They have now confirmed its €10 to enable sky q for eir. Which is a fecking joke seeing as we already pay Sky for the minis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

They have now confirmed its €10 to enable sky q for eir. Which is a fecking joke seeing as we already pay Sky for the minis.

And considering it was €2.99 per multiroom and you can only use a maximum of 2 minis at a time.

Once off charge or monthly?

mossie wrote: »
    Once off charge or monthly?

Monthly

Complete joke

Monthly

I won't be renewing my subscription so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Wasn't working for me tonight. Anyone else have it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Wasn't working for me tonight. Anyone else have it?

i totally forgot to check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Up and running now. Although tbh I can't see meself using it overmuch, individual pictures aren't really big enough for sustained watching, and my telly is a 55-inch OLED.

Plus the choice of games isn't the mae west tonight...

Advertisement