Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why has my €5 Eir(com) customer discount disappeared?

Options
  • 18-11-2015 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hi.  I am on the eMobile 150 24 Month plan.  Up until last month I was getting a €5 discount every month for being an Eircom Home phone/broadband customer.  This month the discount was not applied to my account.  I think the contract may have finished now, is that the reason?  

The bill part of the website does not seem to be working at the moment or I could have attached a screenshot.

Thanks,
    Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

MickH503 wrote: »
    Hi.  I am on the eMobile 150 24 Month plan.  Up until last month I was getting a €5 discount every month for being an Eircom Home phone/broadband customer.  This month the discount was not applied to my account.  I think the contract may have finished now, is that the reason?  

The bill part of the website does not seem to be working at the moment or I could have attached a screenshot.

Thanks,
    Michael
    Hi MickH503

If you would like to PM me your eir account number I will be happy to look in to this for you.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭MickH503

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi MickH503

If you would like to PM me your eir account number I will be happy to look in to this for you.

Cheers
    Al

PM sent, thanks

Thanks for your PM MickH503

The €5 discount was for the first six months and applied to the bills for March to August inclusively.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for your PM MickH503

The €5 discount was for the first six months and applied to the bills for March to August inclusively.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks, but I've been on that plan for 2 years give or take a few weeks and as far as I know I have always got that discount.  Am I out of contract now? And is that why you've put the price up?

No problem MickH503

Yes you entered a new contract when you upgraded to the eFibre and new account number. The contract end date is 09.08.2016

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Are you saying my eMobile contract is the same as my Home broadband/phone contract? I knew I started a new contract for eFibre. I was never I formed the eMobile contract would also be extended. Can you clarify please? And can you clarify why the €5 discount stopped this month?
    Thanks

Are you saying my eMobile contract is the same as my Home broadband/phone contract? I knew I started a new contract for eFibre. I was never I formed the eMobile contract would also be extended. Can you clarify please? And can you clarify why the €5 discount stopped this month?
    Thanks
    Hi MickH503

The contract applies to the total bundle/package which includes the mobile.

The €5 finished before the September bill - September, October and November do not have the €5 discount

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Hi MickH503

The contract applies to the total bundle/package which includes the mobile.

The €5 finished before the September bill - September, October and November do not have the €5 discount

Thanks
    Al
    That's pretty sneaky.  Can you send me a link to the contract T&Cs and also where it says that 2 separate contracts will be merged into one new extended contract? 

My mobile plan that I signed up to is called eMobile 150 24 Month but you're telling me I need to stay on it for close to 36 months now?

Any update?

Any response Alan?

• Advertisement

Hi MickH503

The contract applies for the whole bundle which includes your mobile. If you wish to contest the contract and request an outline of conditions surrounding this you will need to log a complaint by contacting accounts on free phone 1800303600, logging a complaint here: https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp or post a letter to the following address ensuring to add the following information

- First name and surname
    - The eircom account number
    - Nature of complaint
    - Request for all calls recorded

to

Customer complaints
    5th Floor,
    Telephone house
    Marlborough street,
    Dublin 1

Thanks
    Al