Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISTQB training course recommendations

Options
  • 18-11-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

Looking to take the ISTQB advanced test analyst certification sometime in the new year ( preferably before May).

Would be extremely handy to do it in the west and looking for recommendations from other people who have done the training with any providers? There seems to be massive differences in the price between different providers and I'm not sure why..

I saw that 'itag' in Galway seem to run courses but I am not entirely sure whether you have to work for one of the companies that are a partner of them to partake in training. The price is €850 for 4 days which is considerably cheaper than the knowledge academy so I am very keen to get any information people may have on this?

'The Knowledge Academy' have training for the advanced course once a month in 2016 in the G hotel, for €3419. This is a 5 day course with the exam the week after. I don't think this will work for me personally as I am flying home to do the course.

'DCM' seem to have training courses in Galway in the Radisson and the House hotel, I entered my email on their site to get their course brochure for dates and prices but it hasn't been sent yet (a few hours later) so I have zero other info on this course

I also saw that 'SQS' have training in their Dublin offices for 4 days training course including the exam fee for only €1500 or €1390 for earlybird - this is very cheap! Anyone have any experience with training courses here? I have mailed them for more information and awaiting a reply from them also.

Has anyone taken the training themselves and then taken the certification exam themselves? I think it would be a lot more difficult for the advanced cert than the foundation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

I used to be involved in this business a few years ago and am not not, but as far as I know the only 2 Training Providers registered for Advanced courses with the ISTB (The Irish Software Testing Board ) who are the ISTQB official body in Ireland are Inspire Quality Services (http://www.inspireqs.ie/) and SQS Ireland (www.sqs-ire.com). Both of who have long and good reputations.

For sure the advanced exam is much much harder than Foundation. I think you can get foundation with 1 or 2 days work. The Advanced takes weeks lead in time. I very much recommend a book prior to the course. There are loads listed here: http://www.istqb.org/references/books/istqb-related-books.html. Personally I prefer the Rocky Nook books, but that just my choice.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭noaddedsugar

My husband did the foundation course with itag in Galway and wasn't working with one of the partner companies, he just emailed them and they put his name down. I presume it would be the same with the advanced course.

Advertisement