Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Thread - Mark II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

A handful of those beauties and im in heaven, i suspect you were adminstered a low dose,5-10 milligrams. I usually knock a few blueys Sunday morning walking the hound. Docs not keen on prescribing benzos these days because they have serious potential for addiction.

i got that jab in the ass 6 weeks ago , now on 13th i have an op in mater private , have herniated disc on the L5 S1 , so if you having back issues just get an mri to make sure nothing sinister

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Autosport wrote: »
    Evening all :)

Hi :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

i got that jab in the ass 6 weeks ago , now on 13th i have an op in mater private , have herniated disc on the L5 S1 , so if you having back issues just get an mri to make sure nothing sinister

Good for you, However,my benzodiazepine use is purely recreational it must be said.

Felling really down about the whole dating thing, sometimes I feel like I'm never going to find someone again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

I'm back living the single life..oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Balls to that :-/

Balls to that :-/

yeah :/ was a mutual thing but feeling crap

yeah :/ was a mutual thing but feeling crap

Fcuk it...at least ya took a chance...you'd regret it more if ya didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I'm sorry to hear atc. Least ye gave it a shot as tom said.

• Advertisement

How's everybody?

Really not sure what state I'm in at the moment. Just seem to be plodding along from one day to the next. Yesterday I was too tired to do much, then today I walked a total of 13.7km! Complete opposite.

Karsini wrote: »
    How's everybody?

Really not sure what state I'm in at the moment. Just seem to be plodding along from one day to the next. Yesterday I was too tired to do much, then today I walked a total of 13.7km! Complete opposite.

Hi, how many miles is that? I wanted to go for a walk but the weather was terrible.

fin12 wrote: »
    Hi, how many miles is that? I wanted to go for a walk but the weather was terrible.
    13.7 / 1.609 = 8.514 miles. :)

It was windy but dry in Dublin, perfectly fine to walk in.

13.7 / 1.609 = 8.514 miles. :)

It was windy but dry in Dublin, perfectly fine to walk in.

Woah that's a good walk, I'm doing the rock n roll half marathon in Dublin in August, just walking though, did the Cork one 2 years ago, have to start doing long walks now again. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Sorry to hear that :( x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Aww no atc am so sorry to hear that I thought ye were going well? Aww well it was just a glimpse of more Mr. ATC's to follow in the near future! Aw am so sorry to hear that now what happened?!? Am sure you will find someone lovely again soon. :) Am getting a bit frustrated with POF myself! :/ It's just annoying! :/

I don't know what's Wong with me I go through phases where I really want to date and find someone and then when I start dating someone it's like I can't handle it and, I don't know is it because they are getting to know more and more about me and have more to judge me on. I'm probably going to get killed for saying this but I find Irish men quite cold and not very affectionate, I know I'm a sensitive person. I'm just really confused about the whole thing.

Are Irish men very judgemental or is it just all my own insecurities? Sorry I really don't want to offend anyone but I'm just struggling with the whole thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Just came across this. :D Chad's Wedding text.

Nice bitta bravery on his part and kudos to respect from the recipient. :)

Sorry guys I know I probably need a counsellor but is this thread for advice/ support for single people? If any one has any opinion on my previous post, I'd really appreciate it.....

Aww no atc am so sorry to hear that I thought ye were going well? Aww well it was just a glimpse of more Mr. ATC's to follow in the near future! Aw am so sorry to hear that now what happened?!? Am sure you will find someone lovely again soon. :) Am getting a bit frustrated with POF myself! :/ It's just annoying! :/

thanks guys and miss:) ah we were doing ok, but we hadn't seen much of each other in the 3 or 4 months we were together and wanted different things from the relationship. Had a chat at the weekend and we couldn't see things getting better so we had a mutual thing to call it a day..totally different from my last relationship! I'm a bit sad about it but glad we gave it a shot :)

• Advertisement

I felt so lonely and needy last night. Better tonight but would still like company.

fin12 wrote: »
    I don't know what's Wong with me I go through phases where I really want to date and find someone and then when I start dating someone it's like I can't handle it and, I don't know is it because they are getting to know more and more about me and have more to judge me on. I'm probably going to get killed for saying this but I find Irish men quite cold and not very affectionate, I know I'm a sensitive person. I'm just really confused about the whole thing.

Are Irish men very judgemental or is it just all my own insecurities? Sorry I really don't want to offend anyone but I'm just struggling with the whole thing?

Irish people are judgemental as a whole by and large

@kars: have you anyone you can call to/visit?? (Male/female even for the chats)

Not tonight, but I might be seeing a (female) friend of mine tomorrow, depending on how schedules go.

Not tonight, but I might be seeing a (female) friend of mine tomorrow, depending on how schedules go.

It's good to get and see people....I know myself I'm a wicked loner...

But I'm trying to make better effort to make friends this year and be less odd (for want of a better word)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'll be back soon. Head isn't in a good place right now

Autosport wrote: »
    I'll be back soon. Head isn't in a good place right now

*hug* Hope you'll be okay. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Chunky_Monkey

anybody ever go to the singles night in mcgowans ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

anybody ever go to the singles night in mcgowans ?

No, but I've seen them in a group on Meetup. I may go to one once I've my exams out of the way.

I haven't been on here much, but I hope everyone is well. Been rejected a few weeks ago after date two had a bad effect on me, I must confess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Trebor176 wrote: »
    No, but I've seen them in a group on Meetup. I may go to one once I've my exams out of the way.

I haven't been on here much, but I hope everyone is well. Been rejected a few weeks ago after date two had a bad effect on me, I must confess.

Would love to use that meetup rather than the dating sites tbh. Not much happens in the south east though.

I'm sick of going looking for someone. Those dating sites are bad for the/my mental health I think. End up trying to impress too much.

I'm going to try concentrate on my health and confidence and make some friends I think for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

La.de.da wrote: »
    Would love to use that meetup rather than the dating sites tbh. Not much happens in the south east though.

I'm sick of going looking for someone. Those dating sites are bad for the/my mental health I think. End up trying to impress too much.

I'm going to try concentrate on my health and confidence and make some friends I think for a while.

It looks good. A friend of mine recommended it to me a couple of years ago, but I only joined a couple of months ago.

Well, the girl I met was from POF. I know it was only two dates, but it got to me big time.

Like yourself, I need to try and focus on myself (health and that), and my exams, of course. I really want someone in my life, though, but dating sites aren't always the way to go. I need to get more sociable. But, good for you that you're going to focus on those things. It's no harm to impress.

Advertisement