Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Thread - Mark II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Trebor176 wrote: »
    It looks good. A friend of mine recommended it to me a couple of years ago, but I only joined a couple of months ago.

Well, the girl I met was from POF. I know it was only two dates, but it got to me big time.

Like yourself, I need to try and focus on myself (health and that), and my exams, of course. I really want someone in my life, though, but dating sites aren't always the way to go. I need to get more sociable. But, good for you that you're going to focus on those things. It's no harm to impress.

That's exactly my issue need more social outlets. Since I rarely go boozing I've lost contact with a lot of people. Probably better off tbh.

Onwards and upwards treb.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

La.de.da wrote: »
    That's exactly my issue need more social outlets. Since I rarely go boozing I've lost contact with a lot of people. Probably better off tbh.

Onwards and upwards treb.:)

We're pretty much alike in that respect. I do have friends here, but I don't see as much of them as I would like. I may be off to Coppers in a few weeks, and Coppers is renowned for people getting the 'shift.' If I don't even get a number, I'm definitely doing something wrong :p

Onwards and upwards indeed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Oh I've heard a lot of this infamous coppers.
    Jaysus I don't know would I be able for that place. I'm 31 think I'd feel a bit to auld. I know I do for the local "night club"

Best of luck for the shift and or phone numbers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Ye seem to be the same age as myself. Out of interest how often would ye go out ? And would ye get a woman each night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Well I'm 36. :O :O 36 today actually!! 30fricking6!! Yikes! Am getting nearer and nearer the big 40!! :O :/:( Jaysus I was in a good mood before I wrote this but that thought doesn't bode well with me at all! :/ I'm dreading being 40! :( Absolutely dreading the thought of it. :(

Well, I've been out more in the last 2/3 years than I have in the last 7/8!!! Am really trying lately to meet new people lately and make new friends, but, the reality I think, is, sometimes it just doesn't work! It's mega exhausting trying though!! :/ Butttt, I think people just don't want to meet new friends or whatever, it's hassle yadda yadda etc. etc. They'd much prefer sit and moan and whinge about not having any friends and never going out etc., and then there's the crap of people being in-decisive about meeting or whatever and it just all gets tiring after a while! But there's only so much ya can do to try!!

Well I do see absolutely lovely guys out in Gaillimh alright but as per usual don't know if they're single or just out for a few drinks plus may not even be interested in moi anyway! :D:/ But I'll live with it! :pac: :P

I'm nowhere near married hah so I've zero experience, - buttttt it just seems like there's no approaching done anymore.....?!? Like, getting out for the night anymore, maybe it literally is just an opportunity to get out for a few drinks and that's it! Sooo I don't even know anymore! I just don't know.... Where are potential partners supposed to meet like?!? I don't know....

POF does get frustrating, 'cos there's like a handful of nice pics on there, and pics of guys I like never seem to like me! :/ Awwwwww! :P But also POF is getting very stale now lol! It's getting old....

But there's a couple of things there lately that has made me think, Goddd if I had a fella and he did that annoying thing 24/7 whatever it may be, - I wouldn't be able to cope lol, maybe I am better off on my own! :pac: But then there are times it'd be nice to have a fella to go places with and do things and then I may find myself moseying my way having yet another look at POF and getting frustrated with it all again and it gets to hopping back on this wonderful Merry-go-round again! It's a vicious circle/cycle!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

I'm been single myself for a long time I'm hopeless when it comes to getting a girlfriend unfortunately its been my Achilles heel throughout the years I just find it very nerve racking when trying to chat up a young one (very low self esteem and confidence issues) I don't know why it is as I'd be a very outgoing person generally I've only really had one proper girlfriend and I'm now 25 is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Would love to use that meetup rather than the dating sites tbh. Not much happens in the south east though.

I'm sick of going looking for someone. Those dating sites are bad for the/my mental health I think. End up trying to impress too much.

I'm going to try concentrate on my health and confidence and make some friends I think for a while.

I've joined meet up. They do lots of things in and around Kilkenny. Not sure where you're based exactly in the South East. They're doing a dinner and movie night at the end of the month in Thomastown. It's a good way to get out of the house and have a little bit of craic. They do a catch up every Saturday in Geoffs in Waterford. I haven't gone to that yet so not sure how many people actually go :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

KikiDee wrote: »
    I've joined meet up. They do lots of things in and around Kilkenny. Not sure where you're based exactly in the South East. They're doing a dinner and movie night at the end of the month in Thomastown. It's a good way to get out of the house and have a little bit of craic. They do a catch up every Saturday in Geoffs in Waterford. I haven't gone to that yet so not sure how many people actually go :/

What actual age group is this for/age people going

What actual age group is this for/age people going

From what I can see, there seems to be a broad age range. I'm only guessing that based on profile pics mind. I'm 29 and there seems to be people there that get my references and have similar interests to me if that helps you guesstimate :)

• Advertisement

From what I can see, there seems to be a broad age range. I'm only guessing that based on profile pics mind. I'm 29 and there seems to be people there that get my references and have similar interests to me if that helps you guesstimate :)

This could suit me :)

This could suit me :)

You should try it. Worst that'll happen is you'll come across someone you don't particularly like as a person but there's others there that you don't have to talk to :)

Is it sad that I'm wicked excited for the movie & food meet up? :D:D

You should try it. Worst that'll happen is you'll come across someone you don't particularly like as a person but there's others there that you don't have to talk to :)

Is it sad that I'm wicked excited for the movie & food meet up? :D:D

NAh...enjoy it ta fcuk...more exciting than what I'll be doing

NAh...enjoy it ta fcuk...more exciting than what I'll be doing

Ehhhh....it's not happening for another 2 weeks hahahahaha!!!! This is what my single life has come to!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Chunky_Monkey

im going to the " mcgowans " singles night , anybody wanna tag along ?

Ehhhh....it's not happening for another 2 weeks hahahahaha!!!! This is what my single life has come to!!

I'd not worry until last Tuesday I'd been out once since start of October :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I'm been single myself for a long time I'm hopeless when it comes to getting a girlfriend unfortunately its been my Achilles heel throughout the years I just find it very nerve racking when trying to chat up a young one (very low self esteem and confidence issues) I don't know why it is as I'd be a very outgoing person generally I've only really had one proper girlfriend and I'm now 25 is this normal?
    I've had 2. And I'm 21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Oh I've heard a lot of this infamous coppers.
    Jaysus I don't know would I be able for that place. I'm 31 think I'd feel a bit to auld. I know I do for the local "night club"

Best of luck for the shift and or phone numbers :D

That's IF we end up going there in the end. Anyway, it won't be for another couple of weeks at least. Knowing my luck, I won't even get to chat someone up.

And for those of us nearing 30 and never having been in a relationship, is that normal?

I'd not worry until last Tuesday I'd been out once since start of October :-/

Oh? Why is that? Or am I being way too nosey here?

Oh? Why is that? Or am I being way too nosey here?

I dunno...I just trying to make new friends and stuff....plus I kinda watch a lot of what I eat and don't hugely drink as was kinda sick all winter (nothing serious)...but try to stay fit aswell like

Though to knock all this on head I was out Tuesday Wednesday night and Thursday...going again tonight (not drinking) and drinking again tomorrow night after the match....
    (These are the plans)

• Advertisement

I dunno...I just trying to make new friends and stuff....plus I kinda watch a lot of what I eat and don't hugely drink as was kinda sick all winter (nothing serious)...but try to stay fit aswell like

Though to knock all this on head I was out Tuesday Wednesday night and Thursday...going again tonight (not drinking) and drinking again tomorrow night after the match....
    (These are the plans)

Well enjoy yourself this weekend & if you ever fancy a stroll in the park, give me a shout & I'll be your friend :)

Well enjoy yourself this weekend & if you ever fancy a stroll in the park, give me a shout & I'll be your friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

:)

Autosport wrote: »
    :)
    Welcome back. :) Everything alright?

Karsini wrote: »
    Welcome back. :) Everything alright?

Getting there thanks, just have the flu now :(

How are you?

Autosport wrote: »
    Getting there thanks, just have the flu now :(

How are you?
    Not bad, have a lingering cough which is bugging me but fine otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Oh hello. How's everyone?

Evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Perolhead credentials eh :) 4 wheels or 2?

• Advertisement

I've a date on Saturday. :)

Advertisement