Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindfactory using targeted pricing

Options
  • 18-11-2015 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up for everyone, if your considering using mindfactory.de, its worth placing the order and browsing for the previous few weeks on the same computer and using the same browser. As last night when I went to place an order one of my components was marked up considerably.

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/TechniSat-SkyStar-S2_644575.html

(suggested retail price: € 34.94 | Our Price: € 17.64 )

Was listed when I went back to the computer I was doing the majority of my browsing on.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Wouldn't surprise me, their prices fluctuate seemingly depending on stock levels, whether it's out of stock and what time of the day it is (Germans who shop after midnight pay a small shipping fee but the prices drop way down).

They're not a company you can just keep a basket saved and come back to expecting the same price. The last build I did went from €1210 to €1140 then back up to €1190.
    Even at it's most expensive it was the cheapest option, but it's a mild pain in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Geizhals will have the best price anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Noticed something like this last night. I've been checking a build every week for the last 4 or so weeks and have a saved wishlist in their site. The cpu on it went up in price by €25 last time I checked last night. Its still the same price it always was on the other sites I was checking so I thought something strange was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I thought they charged €30 for shipping?

Went to pay with paypal and these were my charges, this is including a Fractal R5:
    3Mlv5No.png

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

just paid 30e yesterday :(

• Advertisement

mad turnip wrote: »
    just paid 30e yesterday :(

Well I didn't go through with it. Maybe I should in case its a miss price or maybe when you go through with the order they correct it?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Well I didn't go through with it. Maybe I should in case its a miss price or maybe when you go through with the order they correct it?

I just attempted to buy a PSU and it set the shipping to 30e. Might be a deal for that particular case.

mad turnip wrote: »
    I just attempted to buy a PSU and it set the shipping to 30e. Might be a deal for that particular case.

It was €60 when you click through to the end. €30x2 because the Case and CPU fan are coming from separate warehouses. Feck sake.

Ended up going with third party sellers "ATELCO Computer" on amazon.de. Fractal R5 and Thermalright True Spirit 140 Rev A for €181 delivered vs €218 with Mindfactory.de

sugarman wrote: »
    Atelco is actually hardwareversand, but you'll be grand buying through amazon.

Really? I had no idea.

I didnt go with Hardwareversand because they had no paypal option, only credit card. Then on the final page they have this table with no "final total" at the end. Its not clear whether they add on VAT or not. You just have to click order and hope for the best. "Order liable for costs!". If its 155.37+11.99+4.66 then its only €8 cheaper than Amazon which I can live with

Basket value |155,37 €
    Shipping costs by UPS-Standard: |11,99 €
    Charge credit card (3 % of basket value): |4,66 €
    Tax (19%) |27.46 €

Advertisement