Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old "Script" building

Options
  • 18-11-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Anyone know what is going in to the old Script building?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Doctor's surgery. The Greystones Medical Centre are moving there soon, also a pharmacy opening there afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Doctor's surgery. The Greystones Medical Centre are moving there soon, also a pharmacy opening there afaik

What happened to it being built down in the Harbour? I thought it was in the original plans to be built beside the new carpark, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I think it was a Primary Care Centre for the harbour (in doubt anyway) rather that your typical neighbourhood medical centre which is what the revised planning use at Script is.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the "Primary Care Centre" for the harbour was little more than an overblown doctor's surgery anyway - it was to have the relocated Greystones Medical Centre (now going to Script), a pharmacy and maybe a physio and dentists. It was never one of Brendan Grace's James Reilly's much vaunted Primary Care Centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

you can never have too many pharmacies in one town! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

"I've had my fun and that's all that matters"

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

jobless wrote:
    you can never have too many pharmacies in one town!

I remember years ago seeing that there was 1 pharmacy to 1 or 2 pubs in Gorey. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Greystones medical centre =/= Primary care centre

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement