Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MORE crap on the way.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    They do.was following the story of the Austrian poacher who shot two Austrian SEK men and an ambulance driver two years ago.Turns out the murder weapon was a Steyr AUG military service rifle with a silencer.An utter" Franken gun" made up of military parts that were supposedly decomissioned and destroyed by the Austrian army.

Apprently also in that part of the world something like 5 thousand US M4s are unaccounted for in the US armouries over there,and there aren't that many US bases left in Germany either anymore.Where they be at?

How did Irish criminals end up with new in the grease glocks too? A consingement of Glock 17 and 19s destined for the Dutch military went walkies out of the secure holding facilities of the Euro port[proably for a bag of decent weed ,knowing that lot!] so the story goes and before you can say oxo there are brand new Glocks for sale in the underworld six or seven years ago.

Stones ,glasshouses and sloppy storage doesnt mean much to EU govts obviously.:rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/v65amiUyTHQ

https://firearms-united.com/2016/10/11/they-need-to-hear-you/

Some exellent points made in this article.Be nice if some of our national shooting bodies might consider these POVs when they take a break from internal strifes and consider dealing with the more mundane aspects of their positions.:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Can't go. Spent all my money on guns and ammo. :D:(:D

• Advertisement

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjR7emb3-vPAhWhJsAKHZWqD3AQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Felitefirearms%2Fquotes-we-love%2F&bvm=bv.136499718,d.ZGg&psig=AFQjCNGcRdGWs42ADWmVGLlrWyLbu7-DQQ&ust=1477133611060854

Rather than banning the legal ownership of firearms by civilians in a token effort to stop terrorism, perhaps they (including the irish navy) should stop running a ferry service from north africa to europe for people, who (A) no one knows who they are, (B) no one knows where they have come from and (C) certainly no one knows what has motivated them to make the journey to europe. That would be too much like common sense and far too un-pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

gunny123 wrote: »
    Rather than banning the legal ownership of firearms by civilians in a token effort to stop terrorism, perhaps they (including the irish navy) should stop running a ferry service from north africa to europe for people, who (A) no one knows who they are, (B) no one knows where they have come from and (C) certainly no one knows what has motivated them to make the journey to europe. That would be too much like common sense and far too un-pc.

Plus the majority of the Paris atrocity attackers used the migrant crisis to regain entry to europe.

C'mon guys & gals.One last push to get a few more names on this petition.Get your adult kids and wives,girlfriends,boyfriends,mistresses,and grand parents if alive,and if dead,why not?[The US Democrats are getting the dead to vote too!:D] Remember,even if you dont have or ever intend to own a semi or a handgun, the EU will be back in five years under this directive to review the workings of it and your bolt action hunting rifle,might be[and will be if semis are gone] a "deadly sniper rifle capable of killing at five miles!!" Save your gun types by helping others save theirs in the long run.
    Best
    Grizz

https://www.change.org/p/council-of-the-european-union-eu-you-cannot-stop-terrorism-by-restricting-legal-gun-ownership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

'Save your gun types by helping others save theirs in the long run.'

I signed up to this poll a good while back so did mrs tac and our famb.

So have almost 700,000 in Germany alone....

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Got in late lads, but signed and reasons given. :)

Amongst many other reasons,but revelant to our prediciment both in Ireland and the EU.
    https://firearms-united.com/2016/10/31/uns-hypocrisis-arms/

Amongst many other reasons,but revelant to our prediciment both in Ireland and the EU.
    https://firearms-united.com/2016/10/31/uns-hypocrisis-arms/

Well if crooked billary gets in, the us shooters are screwed, she has already announced the nra as her first and foremost enemy to be dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

She can try but that's a massive uphill battle she will definitely loose

A MUCH different bucket of fish over there.A constitutional right,and a serious Fuk you Washington attitude in alot of states. There have been enough sheriffs who have said they will not categorically enforce any such law on a state or county level[Sheriffs authorithy "trump" any other local police dept],and will arrest and or detain any Federal or other body trying to enforce such.
    Put it like this if anyone has been following the Bundy ranch incident ,which was about cows grazing on Federal land,and if the Feds and sherrif dept show up,to evict said Bundys and cattle to be met by over 200 armed[and some ex military of the SF variety wearing body armour and carrying some serious sniper rifles] who take up sniping positions on ridges and bridges.You know that this is sht going to get real very soon if someone does something daft.So yeah Killary Klintoon can try it on,but with now proably short of est 500 million different known firearms out there.Police and military who hate the very sight of this ol witch and have been systematically shafted by Democrats for the last 8 years and have had no support from Barry O'Bama.I doubt very much that there will be much enthausiam to go and do any sort of gun confiscation or support from either House or Senate to throw another few trillion at "Austrialian style gun buybacks" either.Killary, if she keeps on cawing about gun control will become an even better gun saleswoman of the year than O'Bama was in his 8years.At worst she could trigger US civil war mk2:(

We are living in seriously intresting times in this next month my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Guys, this specific line really hasn't got anything to do with the forum's purpose. I'm not saying don't talk about it; I'm just saying take it to politics or even better, US politics.

Sparks wrote: »
    Guys, this specific line really hasn't got anything to do with the forum's purpose. I'm not saying don't talk about it; I'm just saying take it to politics or even better, US politics.

Like it or not, Sparks you are a member of a minority with no rights, as am I and everyone else on here.

While we are not disenfranchised, we are witnessing an erosion of the privileges afforded us by politicians and lobbyists, an erosion that could be accelerated or influenced by an anti-gun US president, independently of the day-to-day ins-and-outs of the US presidential election.

Griz, like myself, is wholly partisan wrt the US election and maybe he could tone back the rhetoric a little, but I think there is (a very little, highly-moderated) room for comment on the US election in this thread (within reason).

Anyway, whatever we do/say short of having a vote in the election will make infinitesimally little different across the pond, as long as we don't get into aggro among ourselves (very easy, I imagine).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭garrettod

yubabill1 wrote: »
    ....as long as we don't get into aggro among ourselves (very easy, I imagine).

Sadly, this site attracts aggro without even trying, hence I think it's best to keep the discussion on the US election out of here tbh.

Thanks,

G.

Like it or not, Sparks you are a member of a minority with no rights, as am I and everyone else on here.
    I'm not sure if that's preaching to the choir or teaching your grandmother to suck eggs, but it's immaterial. The charter specifically states:
    The forum you are in right now is the general Shooting forum and it is for the discussion of shooting related subjects, including techniques and equipment; as well as for discussion of directly related topics, such as how we run our clubs and our sport and how changes in firearms legislation affects us. Discussion of current events is also within the scope of the forum, though the scope for such discussion is restricted to the shooting-related aspects of those events only. We try to keep discussion of hunting-related topics within the Hunting sub-forum, and of target-shooting-related topics within the Target Shooting forum, so far as their charters permit ("political" threads, for example, are forbidden in the Target Shooting sub-forum and get moved to here).
    This thread in general has been fine; but the "Killary Klinton" stuff (and especially the RKBA stuff and the fight-da-powa stuff like the bundy disgrace) is way outside the lines, not to mention that it's pretty much guaranteed to cause aggro with a large percentage of people given the nature of this election.

• Advertisement

Sorry,I forgot Ireland is the land of closet US democrats!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

If the US does go into civil war can I apply for Irish citizenship as an asylum seeker? fingers crossed

Sparks wrote: »
    I'm not sure if that's preaching to the choir or teaching your grandmother to suck eggs, but it's immaterial. The charter specifically states:

This thread in general has been fine; but the "Killary Klinton" stuff (and especially the RKBA stuff and the fight-da-powa stuff like the bundy disgrace) is way outside the lines, not to mention that it's pretty much guaranteed to cause aggro with a large percentage of people given the nature of this election.

I could argue the finer points in the charter, but I don't envy your job.

Sorry,I forgot Ireland is the land of closet US democrats!:rolleyes:
    Grizz, wind it in a bit. You know better than most that a lot of people who've put their shoulder to the wheel would disagree with you on other things; that's why we don't do the RKBA stuff and the like in here. It's pointless aggro.

Breaking news......The Belgian proof house master and anti gun expert in the EU comission has been arrested and suspended on Oct 27th ...For guess what??Smuggling and re activating deactivated submachine guns!!!
    No wonder that little creep was pushing for gun control EU wide..Have a nice little monopoly going there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

• Advertisement

For those who want to have a look in at the FU conference tomrrow .Its being broadcast live from Brussels
    Website is https://conference.firearms-united.com
    Under AGENDA heading there is the webstream link.(Cant c&p this on my phone sorry.) Starts at 13.30 GMT until 18.00GMT

Advertisement