Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MORE crap on the way.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Arrogant little Luxembourg beuracrat with a major alcohol problem.Sooner this dipsomanic Fascist gets off the political stage the better.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Tomaz Stephn president and founder of FU interviewed for Polish Tv..Subtitles in English:(,but well worth watching.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjRd09MibEY&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Sunday Times 26/2/17 reports EU Commission President, Jean Claude Juncker (who is unelected and has been pushing this firearms directive on MEP's who, unlike JC, are answerable to voters) "has admitted the EU has been meddling too much in people's lives....down to trying to regulate the flushing of lavatories."

Apparently, JC - known as an arch-federalist - has previously and loudly advocated "more Europe" to solve a range of problems - had to "fight like a lion" to suppress the other commissioners' zeal for standardised rules right down to minor issues and the newly-minted champion of freedom from regulation is to suffer the ignominy of announcing radical reform of the EU before next month in a response to rising political populism.

So they're not going to regulate HGV's around Christmas markets, so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

yubabill1 wrote: »
    Sunday Times 26/2/17 reports EU Commission President, Jean Claude Juncker (who is unelected and has been pushing this firearms directive on MEP's who, unlike JC, are answerable to voters) "has admitted the EU has been meddling too much in people's lives....down to trying to regulate the flushing of lavatories."

Apparently, JC - known as an arch-federalist - has previously and loudly advocated "more Europe" to solve a range of problems - had to "fight like a lion" to suppress the other commissioners' zeal for standardised rules right down to minor issues and the newly-minted champion of freedom from regulation is to suffer the ignominy of announcing radical reform of the EU before next month in a response to rising political populism.

So they're not going to regulate HGV's around Christmas markets, so?

Its the people and institutions lobbying in the background getting their own way that sticks in a lot of peoples throats.

http://www.thejournal.ie/brian-cowen-john-bruton-iiea-2-3261414-Feb2017/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Technically, we are included in that lobbying group gunny :D

gunny123 wrote: »
    Its the people and institutions lobbying in the background getting their own way that sticks in a lot of peoples throats.

http://www.thejournal.ie/brian-cowen-john-bruton-iiea-2-3261414-Feb2017/

He's on the board of Topaz, too.

With advisors like that, what could go wrong?

Sparks wrote: »
    Technically, we are included in that lobbying group gunny :D

Nah we're not, the only ones they listen too are billionare know-alls and multinationals. If you're not telling them what they want to hear, they go deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I didn't say we were successful gunny, just that that was the category we fall into, even if we're volunteer amateurs rather than paid lobbyists.

Once more into the breach?

MEP's final vote this month on the firearms directive.

Given Juncker's upcoming announcement on radical EU reforms where they are not going to interfere in minute aspects of citizen's lives - despite the fact he previously called for no more referendums on EU membership - and the unenforceable magazine restrictions/ airline ban on Cat A firearms, should we write one last letter to our MEP's asking them to vote against this gold-plated directive and replace it with a stripped-down one?

• Advertisement

Once more into the breach?

MEP's final vote this month on the firearms directive.

Given Juncker's upcoming announcement on radical EU reforms where they are not going to interfere in minute aspects of citizen's lives - despite the fact he previously called for no more referendums on EU membership - and the unenforceable magazine restrictions/ airline ban on Cat A firearms, should we write one last letter to our MEP's asking them to vote against this gold-plated directive and replace it with a stripped-down one?

I heard on channel 4 news that one of the 5 possible plans Juncker is proposing to the eu parliament is a return to the eu just being an economic area like it used to be. It would just be about trade and not trying to control every tiny detail of peoples lives. We can but hope.

Please do make a final push folks, also on the good news front.it seems that there is a problem,yet again with the deacts and how this is supposed to be enforced on a national level..As soon as I have more I'll let youse know,but it is apprently a very good reason to delay this vote yet again, [to past the French elections hopefully] as it apprently wont mesh with some EU harmonisation rules and by then with France under Le Pen saying Au reviuor EU ,this might be just a whole costly bad 18 month dream.:cool:
    We have done extremely well in odds that looked hopeless on the EU front.Now,we need to make sure nothing like the Hungary proposal happens here.
    FU will be going national as well, with actual chapters in most EU countries[Ireland included].So watch this space post March 18th.

I can't see Juncker pushing hard a return to economic union, rather than his beloved political union.

I also think we have most leverage before the French election, with the prospect of a Le Pen victory bolstered by disaffected French hunters/shooters (not that their numbers would guarantee the victory, just that satisfying a tranche of voting shooters might be seen by the Establishment as a way to reduce support for Le Pen - which we can use to our advantage).

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭123shooter

I can't see Juncker pushing hard a return to economic union, rather than his beloved political union.

I also think we have most leverage before the French election, with the prospect of a Le Pen victory bolstered by disaffected French hunters/shooters (not that their numbers would guarantee the victory, just that satisfying a tranche of voting shooters might be seen by the Establishment as a way to reduce support for Le Pen - which we can use to our advantage).

Confused here:confused::confused:

If Le pen wins then that will be the end of the EU and she has actually said this herself (according to media) and if it does go then personally I think it's a great thing for a number of reasons. But how is reducing her support something " which we use to our advantage" ?

213,000 CAT A types 13 million hunters,and unknown how many BP shooters,as BP isn't a registerable firearm apprently under French law. Worrying enough for anyone in French politics,and apprently Le Pen is or was, a pistol shooter herself.
    Thing is;I cant see France walking that quick out the door without massive Brexit style under handnedess being played out by Brussels.Likewise Holland.

On the deact legislation and this might be important in Ireland too,as we are planning to allow some companies to deact guns here..
    It is out for "stress testing" in the EU countries and returns should be made by March 20th Then any problems with it working in national law will be discussed by a working group on March 27th...With a possibility of having the annexes revised! So this if there is enough complaints and problems in this .This could push past the French elections and then we are into a whole new ball of worms.

During the meantime,here with the govt possibly looking at another GE in the next few months ,if not sooner.I would think this and any further movements on the FAAAP and whatnot are going down the pirority list like a lead ballon.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

213,000 CAT A types 13 million hunters,and unknown how many BP shooters,as BP isn't a registerable firearm apprently under French law. Worrying enough for anyone in French politics,and apprently Le Pen is or was, a pistol shooter herself.
    Thing is;I cant see France walking that quick out the door without massive Brexit style under handnedess being played out by Brussels.Likewise Holland.

Cheers Grizzly I understand now.

Off topic slightly I think enough time has been given for the rich who got caught short with the Brexit to move their funds to safety probably why March 15th is now supposed to be when the starters gun goes off.

As regards the French election I think if Le Pen looks like she clearly will win and/or does, there will be mass financial panic around the world and disruption (get rid of euros now) which would finish the EU before she can take France out.

So unless there is a surprise gun grab before that day I don't think you have to worry too much.

Jeez I spoke too soon look at this what they are trying to do to her (Le Pen).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4274640/Marine-Le-Pen-jailed-violent-images.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

123shooter wrote: »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4274640/Marine-Le-Pen-jailed-violent-images.html

14 months later, both the EU and French prosecutors suddenly decide to take action against her.
    Couldn't be a coincidence with her popularity in the polls, could it?

Confused here:confused::confused:

If Le pen wins then that will be the end of the EU and she has actually said this herself (according to media) and if it does go then personally I think it's a great thing for a number of reasons. But how is reducing her support something " which we use to our advantage" ?

This is what the Establishment in Europe will do anything and everything to avoid.

You must realise that this is a crisis for them, but they will never tell you that (remember the Friday-night bank guarantee here? Did anyone tell the public that the Irish banks had collapsed that very day? Even the finance minister, Lenihan, did't seem to appreciate the collapse, but the banks knew (and so did I)).

Point being, EU politicians are acutely aware of the possibility of hidden voters in France, like the ones who came out of the woodwork fro Brexit, Trump.

If le Pen wins, there will be absolute chaos in Europe (and the firearms directive will go).

If Le Pen loses, the firearm directive will stay.

What we need to do is play on the fears of the politicians leading up to the French election.

Guys, the vote is on 14 March. We've got one chance to mail the MEP's before this

From FU website;

Next steps

The provisional deal needs to be voted by the full Parliament in an upcoming plenary session on 14 March and formally approved by the EU Council of Ministers.

There will also be a full debate in the chamber of the Parliament on the morning of 14 March, where MEPs from across Parliament will be able to speak on the matter. MEPs may table amendments to the negotiated position but if these are passed it does risk destabilising the entire package as the proposal is then returned for a “second reading”. At this stage the Parliament is not so involved in the detailed negotiation and there is a risk that the Council reverts to its much more rigid approach.

In order to protect the rights of legal owners it is important to keep engaging with national governments as soon as possible and especially during the “transposition” process when governments update their own national laws. Individual Member States have the power and the flexibility to grant their own authorisations and exemptions for the many types of genuine legal owners. It is important that citizens hold their governments to account, and ensure that those powers are applied to the fullest extent.

Vicky Ford

That's an own-goal by the European union if ever there was one, le-pen can point to juncker and the eu and say "see they want to shut me up because I speak the truth".

• Advertisement

The "grab her by the pussy" moment for Le Pen..but it just shows how underhanded and dirty politics can be and get if the establishment feels under threat.:mad:

hey,
    griz - been trying to find a source for the number of legal firearms in france can only find gun policy.org figs (they seem to have gone out of business since Nov 2016 btw)

any help on figs appreciated - want to put in letter to MEP's

From someone in the know!;)

France: currently 213000 holders of a sporting licence (to acquire B and C cat) source http://www.fftir.org/fr/accueil
    hunters, if I remember well around 1.5 million
    black power replicas do not require a licence to purchase or own, so I don't know if there is even an estimate for the number of their owners

Sounds like a right end of a bell. He says a lot of the guns seized in Spain were deacts that the gang tooled up to reactivate. Nearly certainly the same guys had the skills, machinery and motivation to build serious firearms from barstock, from scratch. Cnc machinery is getting both cheaper and easier to use, and thanks to the web you can download cnc programs for specific gun parts, e.g. ar15 lowers.
    The same guy also concentrates on how dangerous the firearms are, never mentioning anything about the dangerous individuals who wield them, how they got into mainland Europe, and what they carried with them.

Plus the fact the Spanish judical system has locked down this investigation for a month and not released any findings yet as to whether these guns were being reactivated for criminal intent or not.Apprently this well equipped workshop had two pillar drills and a welding plant....And not much else!!!

Here's a thing Sir King... Open and democratic forms of Govts don't have to worry about conducting their busisness in an open and transparent manner either..And not in closed backrooms where you can act like a little Fascist banging your fist on the EU table at 3AM demanding your dictatorial whims are foisted on EU gun owners because your "British is best" gun laws have been oh so successful havent they in reducing crime in the UK? What's it to you anyway Sir King??Your country is departing the EU anyway...[Sooner the better too!]...So why is it of your concern what the EU gun laws are?You are going back to merry Englande and pulling up the draw bridge??Or not??

Dear Mairead,

I have been speaking to a number of fellow shooters and there seems to be some anti-EU sentiment among the community whenever the new Firearms Directive is mentioned.

If you want to get a taste of the feeling being expressed, I suggest you take a look at the comments section of the online petition I previously mentioned, now with 340k signatures against the directive https://www.change.org/p/council-of-the-european-union-eu-you-cannot-stop-terrorism-by-restricting-legal-gun-ownership/w?utm_content=comment_see_all&utm_medium=email&utm_source=38030&utm_campaign=campaigns_digest&sfmc_tk=OJThWhagiqL1Ynl6mu%2bS4Mbhf741UOjfLr5a2OaSWX3yjPmxzcMDPRzDIM76imCs

The EU authorities seem to recognise an unquantifiable but significant body of internal public dissent towards its institutions, as last week's Sunday Times 26/2/17 carried a report that Jean Claude Juncker is set to announce significant EU reforms this month in anticipation of over-regulation interfering in everyday life, amusingly citing dropped proposals to regulate lavatory flushes.

While Dutch elections next week are expected to return populist Geert Wilder's party 20% of the vote and Marine Le Pen is expected to enter the second round of the French presidential election later this year, the prospect of either gaining office is low, but measures like this Firearms Directive - which shooters perceive as an ineffective backdoor ban while politicians continue to cite it as an anti-terror measure* - can only antagonise voters. And most shooters belong to the demographic which sees voting as a duty.

* https://www.theparliamentmagazine.eu/articles/opinion/stronger-firearm-rules-will-help-protect-us-all

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for you interest to date in this subject and to ask you in the strongest terms to reject this directive at Plenary, or at the very least, support amendments to this directive which will not penalise legal firearms owners.

Yours sincerely,

P.S. please remember the EU relied on the individual below fr technical consultation on this issue, since arrested for illegal gun trafficking.

**pic of Belgian Proof House Master at IMCO meeting 2016 **

This is the firearms industry answer to the EU proposed gun ban........Apprently the place is this year over 75% "black rifles& shotguns " of all shapes and sizes.:D

FOLKS - THIS IS MUCHO IMPORTANT

THE VOTE ON THIS LEGISLATION IS NEXT TUESDAY 14 MARCH

PLEASE SEND A NOTE-HOWEVER SMALL- TO AS MANY MEP'S AS POSSIBLE ASAP (GIVE THEM TIME TO GET TO IT - THEY GET A LOT OF MAIL)

List of MEP's email below

mairead.mcguinness@europarl.europa.eu

lukeming.flanagan@ep.europa.eu

marian.harkin@europarl.europa.eu

matt.carthy@ep.europa.eu

info@briancrowleymep.ie

MEP's I have written to without response;

lynn.boylan@ep.europa.eu

nessa.childers@ep.europa.eu

brian.hayes@ep.europa.eu

deirdre.clune@ep.europa.eu

sean.kelly@ep.europa.eu

liadh.niriada@ep.europa.eu

Source;

http://www.europarl.ie/en/your_meps.html

• Advertisement

HAYES Brian <brian.hayes@europarl.europa.eu>

Reply|
    Today, 08:31
    You;
    DAWSON Brian (brian.dawson@europarl.europa.eu)
    many thanks for your views on the new firearms directive - be assured I am looking at this very carefully before the vote in the EU Parliament. Best Brian

Sent from my iPhone
    Designated Public Official under the Regulation of Lobbying Act

Advertisement