Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MORE crap on the way.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

15 months more or less,and NO internet sales are not banned!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Some more stuff for the girls reading this with their blue hats on.

Think you outsmarted us by running to Frannie with the stuff posted on here?

Like you ran to Dermot with reams of printouts and got him to ban c/f pistols ?

Lawsie, we kept the loopholes off the net.

When Frannie transposes the directive, you'll find out how we can have high-cap mags legally without breaking it.

Until then, keep wondering.

Correction its 15 months to REVIEW the workability of this law and 45 months to activate as far as I understand this.
    Click on the Focus on what now link in the article to see what is affected or not.

https://www.gunsweek.com/en/current/news/eu-gun-ban-approved-without-amendments

And a great comment on this mess
    .https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/habemus-legem-ja%C5%9B-van-driel

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Anyone see this latest move??

http://www.thejournal.ie/replica-guns-consultation-3297028-Mar2017/?utm_source=shortlink

My inital reaction after reading it was "payback is a bitch,biatches!" Ater all the support you gave us as a community in the time we needed everyones help a few years ago. But nowadays we are all "gun owners" so I guess we are going to have to give them a help out as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

From fully grown adults who run around and "play" with toy guns ? Nah they are on their own as far as i am concerned. Better be careful though, they might get their big brother to beat me up at big break or on the way home from school.

Offical 2014 EU study on the entire firearms question in Europe.New study due out in May 2016...Both saying as we all know,Legal gun owners are NOT and NEVER were the problem...So wHY did the EU keep trying to ban firearms,when their own studies tell them where the problems are and its not their own EU subjects.
    Worthwhile reading all the same as there is a lot of quotable statistics from EU officaldom in here.

http://firearms-united.com/2016/04/03/how-to-decrease-firearms-related-death/

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Offical 2014 EU study on the entire firearms question in Europe.New study due out in May 2016...Both saying as we all know,Legal gun owners are NOT and NEVER were the problem...So wHY did the EU keep trying to ban firearms,when their own studies tell them where the problems are and its not their own EU subjects.
    Worthwhile reading all the same as there is a lot of quotable statistics from EU officaldom in here.

http://firearms-united.com/2016/04/03/how-to-decrease-firearms-related-death/

My reading all along has been that pressure has come from the Euro Council, comprised of ministers from member states including our own Frances Fitz.

These ministers, in turn, have been pressured by their security infrastructure (read; Noirin O'Sullivan, for example) to restrict civilian firearm access, particularly semi auto long arms. They don't seem quite as worried about short arms, read into it what you will but I'm not going to spell it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I remember, back in 2004 at a security conference in Dublin, that a Chief Superintendent of AGS told me that if he had the power to do so, he would take EVERY firearm away from the current owner, and that in his opinion, only the Police and the Armed forces should have any access to firearms of any kind.

I reminded him that that had been tried before, back in Germany 1933, and it hadn't worked out well.

That, sadly, sailed straight over his head...

tac

yubabill1 wrote: »
    My reading all along has been that pressure has come from the Euro Council, comprised of ministers from member states including our own Frances Fitz.

These ministers, in turn, have been pressured by their security infrastructure (read; Noirin O'Sullivan, for example) to restrict civilian firearm access, particularly semi auto long arms. They don't seem quite as worried about short arms, read into it what you will but I'm not going to spell it out.

I think both noirin and fanny fitz should be more concerned with other pressing problems, breath tests for instance, rather than meddle in firearms laws where there are no problems.

• Advertisement

As guessed it was an utter BS hraasment raid.That conviently just happened when the EU is deciding on gun laws.Get in Europol to make it look good and scary and the media whores and hey bisto a FAKE NEWS STORY!
    Now I hope this fellah sues the arse off the Spanish govt and the media who branded him a criminal arms supplier and that this is a lesson to us all,especially dealers.If these prks want to damage you be it in Spain ,Ireland or the EU for any spurious reason,they will go out of their way to tar you and make any of the slightest infraction into a media event and destroy you by media,judge,jury and execution.
    From FU Spain.

NEWS regarding the confiscation of firearms in my city three months ago.
    Yesterday I had several calls regarding this issue, including a long one with the dealer (Jesús) and other with his lawyer. In the following days I will have a meeting with Jesús and his daughter.
    Jesús and his daughter were released WITHOUT BAIL from prision yesterday. The prosecutor of the trial in charge of this case dropped the most serious accusations: terrorism, being member of a terrorist organization and illicit trafficking of firearms. The charges that remain now are on storage of firearms and the possession of a marking machine. This two charges sometimes could be considered in our regulation as minor charges.
    Also judge has given back the control of his business. The Jesús lawyer is trying to recover the deactivated firearms. Today Jesús will enter with a solicitor to take account of all objects like medals, knives, bayonets, etc. and other militaria collectibles STOLEN by policemen during the police raid three months ago.
    It could be posible that this case will finish with the acquittal of them in a long and complex process. The justice in Spain is very slow.
    I want to remember you that the police division in charge of the investigation was the same that a judge cautioned for "making a terrorist case" with two informers (two small criminals) and two AK-47 magazines last Christmas. The rifle never showed up and that is why it never existed.
    We are going to gather more information in the following days and will make a press realese about this issue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Thank God they are looking out for us poor citizens and removing horrible, scary guns from the hands of legal owners. That'll surely stop terroism. God knows i feel safer .......................

........................ oh, wait. AGAIN. :mad::rolleyes:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    Thank God they are looking out for us poor citizens and removing horrible, scary guns from the hands of legal owners. That'll surely stop terroism. God knows i feel safer .......................

........................ oh, wait. AGAIN. :mad::rolleyes:

Exactly Cass, the whole "lets ban guns and terrorism will stop" line is a crock o'plop. I wonder will the EU super quango try to ban or restrict ownership of lorries or jeeps now. If you think this cannot happen here, think again.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/alleged-islamic-terrorist-seeks-to-halt-deportation-from-ireland-to-jordan-385058.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Look at this.

Served time in another country for terrorist activities, fake paperwork that got him in here, and he is still here because the Supreme court stayed the actions of the high court and Minster.

I'm no security expert, not by any stretch of the imagination, but even a lay person can see that banning the tools terrorists use is not the way to tackle terrorism. Ban guns they use trucks, ban trucks they use knives, ban knives they use stones. If someone is intent on doing harm they will find a way. Is that not what we (the collective shooting community) have been saying for decades?

Take the guns from law abiding citizens and only the criminals will have guns.

I've said this before but all these measures are the work of an impotent organisation (the EU) to be seen to be trying to do something about terrorism. In fact it's a facade designed to keep the Shee-ple under the impression that their "protectors" are acting.

These people tell us we don't need firearms for any purpose but are surrounded by heavily armed guards. It's like the Pope calling for people to be generous to others while they are waited on hand and foot, sitting on a throne of Gold with assets in the Billions. Matthew 19:21 comes to mind.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Yes Cass i did see that, Ireland a soft touch again and the usual "ah sure it will be grand" attitude. I think i am right in saying we are the only western european country not to have an attack..............yet.

It will come to us one day sooner than later,and when it does it will be a doozy and political and society changing as well. :(:(

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    It will come to us one day sooner than later,and when it does it will be a doozy and political and society changing as well. :(:(

God i hope not Grizz, apart from the unfortunate people hurt or worse, the first thing we would have is some minister or td calling for "something to be done", which odds-on would involve the banning or further restriction of legally held firearms. Sleep walking towards disaster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I think i am right in saying we are the only western european country not to have an attack
    /lays head on desk and gives up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Sparks wrote: »

Wasn't there actually only one day of bombings in the Republic during the 'campaign'? The rest was in the UK

Sparks wrote: »

Ever hear of the good friday agreement Sparks ? you might have noticed something on the telly and in the newspapers about it, it involved people who despised each other shaking hands and smiling a lot. Maybe thats why all the things banned during the troubles (only in the republic, not where the actual troubles were oddly enough) aren't in the main, banned anymore.

So the troubles and the people who committed them on both sides are retired, rusticated, in the rear view mirror, over, history, where as the alan-at-the-snackbar brigade are only warming up, and all over a whole continent, not over an area of oh lets say six counties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

ezra_ wrote: »
    Wasn't there actually only one day of bombings in the Republic during the 'campaign'? The rest was in the UK

No I remember bombs in Dublin airport.

There were other bombings as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Dublin_Airport_bombing

FWIW my 2c worth

This directive isn't about terror.

It's about us.

And the Spanish conflab around the guy with a legitimate business was a cynical, deliberately-timed move to give MEP's a nudge.

Police and security forces wanted all civilian semi autos banned -they didn't get their way, but this Directive gives them something to hope for. And they can afford to wait.

The terror thing is only a fig leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Unrelated to firearms,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

...which is way outside the scope of this forum. To Politics or Legal Discussion please...

The Czech republic is taking a court case to the EU court on the issue of the EU directive! The day we have Irish politicos like this who will challenge the EU dictatorship on anything......:rolleyes:

Minister of the Interior announced that the Czech Republic wants to challenge the EU directive on firearms
    Chovanec announced on Monday that the Czech Republic will sue the European Commission for a directive at the European Court of Justice.
    https://www.respekt.cz/…/chovanec-potahne-s-poloautomatem-n…
    Or from this one: Czechs love semiautomatic weapons Chovanec defends action against the European Commission
    Interior Minister Milan Chovanec completes action on the European Commission approved the European Directive for restricting the possession of firearms. He informed the government that will have to be approved by an action. Czech lawsuit against the European Commission shall by Chovanec, even if the other country not added.
    "I would guess that we have such a seventy percent chance of success," said Chovanec. According to him, the action would have to be filed within a month and a half. As soon as the directive comes in the Journal of the European Union comes into force, should an action be officially confirmed by the Czech government. "The lawsuit is unique, Czech Republic v European Commission," he said Monday during a government meeting the Minister of the Interior. Although the Czech Republic is looking for action allies, according to him, does not play a role, whether it will be the action of one or more countries.

Don't know how that court challenge is going to work.

CZ are going to become Juncker's whipping boy in the media if they proceed. They really get irritated by petty democracies - that's why Enda and Frances are always so keen for a pat on the head from Angela/JC/Donald (Tusk).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

'Petty democracies...' I like that. With 10.5 Million inhabitants, you are calling CZ petty?

I think not, sir.

tac

They view any democracy as petty/a bother tac, hence the "wrong answer, vote again" we got after the Lisbon and Nice referenda.

tac foley wrote: »
    'Petty democracies...' I like that. With 10.5 Million inhabitants, you are calling CZ petty?

I think not, sir.

tac

'fraid so if you're JC Juncker - 10m ex 500m is 2%.

• Advertisement

Somehow I think they are going to take the concept of democracy a lot more seriously than we do in western EU countries.Any country that that the pleasure of being under a monarchy,nazism and communism all in 90 years is not going to be too impressed with a alcholic petty beuracrat pretending to be an emperor.The EUs bluff has been called with Brexit and it shows daily in the way what sort of a nasty dictatorship it is in how it is dealing with Britan.The East blocers have lived thru dictatorships and are not going to tolerate another one in the garb of democracy.

Advertisement