Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosions in the Sky @ Vicar Street 20/4/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

They are excellent live. Will be going myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Missed them last time they were supposed to play with Low.

Will definitely aim to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just got my tickets there. I love this band and they're brilliant live. Can't wait!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Got tickets as well :) Good to head such positive things about their live performances!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Got tickets as well :) Good to head such positive things about their live performances!

I caught then one year at Primavera and they were my favorite performance at it. Just amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Anyone else buy tickets from SongKick and not receive them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Anyone else buy tickets from SongKick and not receive them yet?

my tickets arrived yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

I've tickets for this gig available at face value if anyone's interested gutted I cannot make it

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nodgie86

Does anyone know what time gig is actually kicking off at? I know doors open at 8 so I assume that means it will start in or around 9?

nodgie86 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time gig is actually kicking off at? I know doors open at 8 so I assume that means it will start in or around 9?

Doors are at 7 I believe, show starts at 8? Support act will be on at 8, EITS at 9 I'd assume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

symbolic wrote: »
    I caught then one year at Primavera and they were my favorite performance at it. Just amazing.

Playing again this year, I'll wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

What time (roughly!) do people reckon the gig will be over at? Reason I ask is that I'm at the Manchester one too on Friday and need to catch a train early-ish night, not sure if I'd have to cut the gig short or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Doors are at 7 I believe, show starts at 8? Support act will be on at 8, EITS at 9 I'd assume.

Vicar street website says that doors are at 8.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Vicar street website says that doors are at 8.

I'm pretty sure the tickets say doors at 7, show at 8, but I don't have them on me so can't check.

I'm pretty sure the tickets say doors at 7, show at 8, but I don't have them on me so can't check.

They do. I'd say that's just a standard thing or they didn't know when doing the tickets up. Vicar street probably have the more up to date information.

Can someone with a twitter account tweet them and see what they say?
    https://twitter.com/vicar_street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

According to leagues on Twitter

8:00 jetpacks
    9:10 explosions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Anyone know if ticketmaster tickets bar codes can be scanned as a PDF on phone, or do I have to print them out?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Anyone know if ticketmaster tickets bar codes can be scanned as a PDF on phone, or do I have to print them out?

Not sure but I'd print it out if you have a chance to. There's definitely a chance the scanners don't work on phone screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I didn't get to go, how was this?

Fantastic gig. I was delighted they played Greet Death. They hadn't played it in Glasgow the night before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Best lighting I've seen outside of a full roadshow. Some of the stuff they can do with the new generation LED lighting is amazing. They went full sensory deprivation at times with the sound. Honestly felt worried about the structural integrity of the building. Was quite surprised they sold out Vicar St on a Weekday but they've a decent following here for a reason.

Seeing them for the first time I was really really impressed. The lighting was fantastic and the sound spot on. Glad I brought my ear plugs though!

Advertisement