Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon’s Biggest Ever Deals Event

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Justbecause

cunnijo wrote: »
    Sadly Prime is currently not available to Irish customers. I asked yesterday as I was interested in signing up under the £59.00 offer.

If however someone here has it and it works for them please correct me on this.

I presume someone in Ireland could use prime in conjunction with parcel motel maybe it would work but I've never use it so maybe someone who has can shed some light on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Prime is available to Irish customers but the only real benefit is the 'free' delivery. Access to the media offerings is only available by changing DNS settings or using a VPN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

tallpaul wrote: »
    Prime is available to Irish customers but the only real benefit is the 'free' delivery. Access to the media offerings is only available by changing DNS settings or using a VPN[/qu

Isn't there also access to kindle library included?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I tried prime and it messed around with the free delivery, it calculated things weirdly and you didn't always get it faster. Oh, and they "allow" you buy nappies which prime members can't !

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi All, what's the parcel motel equivalent for Germany, also what are the restrictions on 48" TVs?

Thanks,
    Gary

I got a 48" Samsung on amazon.de a while back. It was shipped by Amazon. €415 + €8 shipping. I checked it a month later and couldn't find one that would ship to Ireland but it might be worth your while going through them individually and checking each tv in your price bracket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

tharmor wrote: »
    No return is free !!

I have never paid for a return when using the free delivery or prime option when looking for items. I am just about to return some headphones as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Hootanany wrote: »
    I have never paid for a return when using the free delivery or prime option when looking for items. I am just about to return some headphones as we speak.

Where have you been returning to?

On amazon uk I've had to pay to return things unless the goods were faulty, and even then I had to pay and later recoup postage charges back from amazon. Sometimes they send you a postage paid label but it can say that they'll deduct 7 euro from your account for charges if goods are not found to be faulty.

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi All, what's the parcel motel equivalent for Germany, also what are the restrictions on 48" TVs?

Thanks,
    Gary

This one ships here, verified by Amazon. €750 delivered.
    http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-UE48J6350SU-48-LED-TV/dp/B00U57FHEC

You can decide yourself if its a good deal. Its certainly dearer on Amazon UK (Link).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

This one ships here, verified by Amazon. €750 delivered.
    http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-UE48J6350SU-48-LED-TV/dp/B00U57FHEC

You can decide yourself if its a good deal. Its certainly dearer on Amazon UK (Link).

That's a good bit over the 550 for the other one. From what I've read the curved is not that great after. Probably not worth 200.

Will have a scout round see is there any for the same price with delivery to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

so many bad deals that its hard to bother looking at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Yep, Sh*te deals so far...nothing that would excite you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Would be hard for people to stop complaining about the deals and actually start posting deals in the thread?

I'd rather see a post about 5% off than more complaints tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Doge wrote: »
    Would be hard for people to stop complaining about the deals and actually start posting deals in the thread?

Wow, so aggression, much upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

....but your post is a complaint and doesn't contain any deals...

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

I got the powerbank and thought it was quite a good deal. Then again I didnt really look for alternatives. Just looked at the amount of charges it gives. This isnt something thats on sale but I tend to go through alot of earphones due to getting in and out of car constantly at work and them getting caught in things plus losing them. So i tend to buy cheap ones often so i keep a pair in car/van/home/college bag etc. These are the best ones i have found so far. They are 6 pounds but well worth it IMO. Very good noise cancellation and sound too. GF doesnt like the level of suction on them though. Says it hurts her ears. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00R7LG4LE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Where do you find the 1p second-hand ones?

Just browse on .co.uk - They're always third party sellers so no free delivery but that's usually ~£2.80 as far as I remember.

Philips Shaver for £49 delivered
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WGNQOH2

Plus there's a £5 voucher available to bring it down to £44. Cheapest previous price was £57.
    The deal finishes in 10 minutes.

Plus there's a £5 voucher available to bring it down to £44. Cheapest previous price was £57.

It says it ends in 3hours 17 mins for me. ;)

Are you sure? I get a countdown when I added it to the basket. Six minutes left now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You have 15 minutes to buy it when you add it to basket.

• Advertisement

Are you sure? I get a countdown when I added it to the basket. Six minutes left now...

Thats how long it reserves the deal for you in your basket for you to buy it.

The deal timer is shown before you put it in your basket. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

This looks like an okay deal to me

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00O80WBZA?ref_=gbps_img_s-3_8627_d759c971&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

These things are dear at the best of times

Also picked up one of these for my mobile daughter

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Y2RFNI6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Amouar

Where can i find the £5 voucher?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Amouar wrote: »
    Where can i find the £5 voucher?

It looks like they no longer have the £5 voucher on the Vouchers page.
    I had collected it a week or two ago when I was looking at shavers and it still works on my order. It says the voucher is available until November 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

it's pretty obvious Amazon are flogging bottom of the barrel stock they can't sell at normal prices... at the minute we have 69% off David Beckham for men perfume, 44% off a nappy disposal starter pack, 45% off a spiderman teddy and a necklace that was £1,180 and is now 'just' £368...

classic non-event sale...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

it's pretty obvious Amazon are flogging bottom of the barrel stock they can't sell at normal prices... at the minute we have 69% off David Beckham for men perfume, 44% off a nappy disposal starter pack, 45% off a spiderman teddy and a necklace that was £1,180 and is now 'just' £368...

classic non-event sale...

Unless you've a smelly new born who's into superman and expensive necklaces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

any deals on micro sd cards going? im after a 64gb one for a dashcam..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

Allyall wrote: »
    The code IS case sensitive.

USE CODE - vbox5

This is a great price for this. :)

Toshiba 64GB Exceria Pro Micro SD (SDXC) Card UHS-I U1 - 48MB/s - €19.59 - Use Code vbox5 = €18.61 + €2.73 Postage = €21.73 Total Delivered

45905_1444743626.jpg45905_1444810359.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

dball wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

" Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Ireland Learn more " ....for the ssd.

Will it ship through Parcel Motel ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Would it kill people to say what item is at the other end of a link when posting it rather than useless text like "Picked up one of these bad boys..."?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

" Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Ireland Learn more " ....for the ssd.

Will it ship through Parcel Motel ?
    i ordered one, shipped to ireland, got confirmation, btw long time no see :)

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Cheers!

Saw this, saw they were 99% claimed so threw one in my basket and bought it :)

Looks like half of the upcoming lightning deals are of products that were previously lightning deals the last few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Looks like half of the upcoming lightning deals are of products that were previously lightning deals the last few days!

Thats what usually happens with the lightning deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 yellowpens

peckerhead wrote: »
    I've been using it for ages. :)

Link

Thats a great tool thanks:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

with amazon lightning always strikes twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Where have you been returning to?

On amazon uk I've had to pay to return things unless the goods were faulty, and even then I had to pay and later recoup postage charges back from amazon. Sometimes they send you a postage paid label but it can say that they'll deduct 7 euro from your account for charges if goods are not found to be faulty.

Are you using Amazon fulfilled or prime I never use any other supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

one tip in case people don't know about it :

if there's something in particular that you have your eye on, put a camelizer alert on it and you will get the alert if it is scheduled to be on the lightening deal list - most of the lightening deals are posted the evening/night before so using camel means you won't miss out.

the page layout doesn't do them any favours.

the new and "improved" page layout, accessed by clicking "todays deals" in the top bar, is ****.

for the normal, easier, faster, better and timelined view, click on the "black friday deals week" graphic or link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ablelocks wrote: »
    the new and "improved" page layout, accessed by clicking "todays deals" in the top bar, is ****.

for the normal, easier, faster, better and timelined view, click on the "black friday deals week" graphic or link.
    I get the same page with both links. Last years page was much much easier to see, especially when you know what deals are coming up and when

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

If you go to the Cyber Monday Deals page, it gives all the deals in the old bar format and much faster to scroll through. No logic!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lightgrey

one tip in case people don't know about it :

if there's something in particular that you have your eye on, put a camelizer alert on it and you will get the alert if it is scheduled to be on the lightening deal list - most of the lightening deals are posted the evening/night before so using camel means you won't miss out.

Thanks for this. Am I right in saying that this only pulls data from publicly shared wish lists and not from private lists?

lightgrey wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Am I right in saying that this only pulls data from publicly shared wish lists and not from private lists?

I don't think it pulls data from any wish lists...

install the extension (firefox and chrome browsers only). When you're in an amazon page, you'll see the camelizer box in the browser bar. Click this on a product you want to get an alert on, insert the price you would pay and if/when it reaches that price you will get an email from camel. The only data it shows is the pricing history for that product for both amazon and third party sellers.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I get the same page with both links. Last years page was much much easier to see, especially when you know what deals are coming up and when

i get the 2 different pages (and the second link is the same as last years). It may be something to do with cookies and/or what browser you're using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just a heads-up for tomorrow's Lightning Deals. At this stage they appear to be real Lightning Deals, with a new batch of deals every 10/20 mins. May be of interest to some folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement