Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon’s Biggest Ever Deals Event

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Meridian is awesome (I have S&S on it), go for it.

And it is Palm Oil Free - which I refuse to consume (multinationals exploit the farmers to ruin their land - http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/23/is-indonesias-fire-crisis-connected-palm-oil-in-snack-food)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Perhaps parcel wizard would though as it's just DPD

I've tried to get Fire products delivered from Amazon.de to both Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard and they wont deliver to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

ted1 wrote: »

Ah right, you don't have much choice when it comes to the Amazon Fire. Keep an eye on the dispatch date too - the pink one on the German site is Dec 14th so be careful that you get it for Christmas.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I've tried to get Fire products delivered from Amazon.de to both Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard and they wont deliver to either.

I don't think it matters if you use Irish or Northern Irish address for amazon.de. I haven't seen a difference anyway. With the items I checked, if they didn't deliver to the Republic, they wouldn't deliver to N. Ireland either. There might be the odd exception but I haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gomango

Ted1

Google mailboxde can't post link.

Parcel motel German equivalent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Apologies for the slight derail: does the Amazon one-year Fire for Kids Unlimited content work here?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

grogi wrote: »
    Meridian is awesome (I have S&S on it), go for it.

And it is Palm Oil Free - which I refuse to consume (multinationals exploit the farmers to ruin their land - http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/23/is-indonesias-fire-crisis-connected-palm-oil-in-snack-food)

Thanks, I avoid unsustainable palm oil too (they mess with the orangutans homes as well). I've had the smooth one a lot and it's so good, hard to go back to other PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Anyone seen the Garmin Forerunner 25 on the deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Anyone know which Amazon site is the best to get the Kindle Paperwhite on? UK works out at about €115 with the ads on it. Germany is €99 but they don't ship Kindles to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Bacchus wrote: »
    Anyone know which Amazon site is the best to get the Kindle Paperwhite on? UK works out at about €115 with the ads on it. Germany is €99 but they don't ship Kindles to Ireland.
    Parcel Motel / Parcel Wizard ?

• Advertisement

They do ship it to Ireland but not at the special offer price of €99.
    You can buy it from amazon.de at the normal price of €120, which goes up to €132 with taxes and shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

You can buy it without special offers on Amazon France for €120.89 including delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

tallpaul wrote: »
    Apologies for the slight derail: does the Amazon one-year Fire for Kids Unlimited content work here?

I've been told by the guys in the gadget section of boards that it dies just set location to the uk

http://www.mailboxde.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thanks, I avoid unsustainable palm oil too (they mess with the orangutans homes as well). I've had the smooth one a lot and it's so good, hard to go back to other PB.
    The replacements of palm oil are often worse for your health and equal sustainability issues

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That's up to the consumer to figure out, in this instance it is replace by nothing as it is not necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

tallpaul wrote: »

I set up a DNS service to get prime movies for the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Passin thru

3DS XL with Mario Golf game
    £99.00 on Amazon for another 3 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Adonit Jot Pro Fine Point Stylus - Black - £17

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00R33ZYCG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Down from £26.50

The best precision stylus for handwriting on the iPad or for seeing where youre actually writing on screen.

A minority if users scratched their screens most likely becsause they got some dirt on it so be careful.

Damn deals are going to have me broke If i keep seeing things on my wishlist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ablelocks wrote: »
    yeah same for me. I did get pre-alerts previously for lightening deals so assumed it would be the same this time around too. I've set up a couple more for today so will see.

got a reply from camel support - they did previously send alerts for lightning deals, but it was a manual process on selected trial basis only. so won't happen for any lightning deals this week unfortunately. Although it is something they are working on for future use...

• Advertisement

Philips HD9220/20 Airfryer Healthier Oil Free Fryer - Black £70

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042EU3A2?tag=hotukdealsev-21

2 hours left 60% claimed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads if I add things to my wish list will it alert me if they're on sale?

Fakman87 wrote: »

If youre using the app there is a notification setting to turn on deal alerts for your wishlist. I think its off by defauly though at least on my ipad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

When buying from amazon should I pay in Euros or sterling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Sterling.

Dont pay in Amazons Euro rates. They give poor exchange rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LW6OTFS

Choose "Subscribe & Save", use code SAVE30VC11, and you get them for £4.30 (€6.10) delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Doge wrote: »
    Philips HD9220/20 Airfryer Healthier Oil Free Fryer - Black £70

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042EU3A2?tag=hotukdealsev-21

2 hours left 60% claimed.

Thank you girlfriend was gonna buy same one in HN for €149.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Argos currently have it for €119.99 if you want to pick it up from a b&m retailer for a few quid more than the UK Amazon site: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4342094/Trail/searchtext%3EKINDLE+PAPER+WHITE.htm

It's the one with ads, but boardsies on this thread have had customer service remove them as Argos don't state that it's the one with offers.

• Advertisement

Just minutes To go now for the new "Deal of the Day" items to appear.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/deals?ie=UTF8&ref_=nav_cs_gb

I doubt i'll see anything as enticing as the Anker Deal Of the day last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Fakman87 wrote: »

No. You have to watch for it to come up and then move it to your basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

With the sterling rate are these really bargains this year for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Joziburg wrote: »
    With the sterling rate are these really bargains this year for us

It's a bit of a kick in the teeth at the moment alright.
    The French and German sites might be worth a shot, the paper white is €99 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What's the Chrome extension that compares the prices of the various Amazons (Spanish, German etc)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Tusky wrote: »
    What's the Chrome extension that compares the prices of the various Amazons (Spanish, German etc)?

Is it The Camelizer, not at a PC so can't check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Lads any advice on how to get a TV from amazon.de to Ireland when it won't ship to Ireland or the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Google mailbox.de.

Some people have used mailboxde (I haven't used it myself).
    I think you can get a quote from them for how mush they will charge. Just check the dimensions of the packed item on the amazon page and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

handy for comparing prices on amazon: http://heidoc.net/amazon/amazon_global_check.php

Possedion wrote: »
    handy for comparing prices on amazon: http://heidoc.net/amazon/amazon_global_check.php

www.curiua.com is probably the best site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

Lads any advice on how to get a TV from amazon.de to Ireland when it won't ship to Ireland or the UK?

If you buy an amazon.de telly through their warehouse deals then they will ship to Ireland.

varuka wrote: »
    If you buy an amazon.de telly through their warehouse deals then they will ship to Ireland.

Second hand, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

Second hand, right?
    Yes and Warehouse rejects... The one i got just had scratches on the box... wasn't opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

the Amazon Fire TV stick sale expected on Friday, when will that be available usually? 9am our time or is there any particular time the norm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is it ok to ship firesticks to Parcel Motel / Parcel Wizard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Is it ok to ship firesticks to Parcel Motel / Parcel Wizard?
    yup. thats how i got one

Euros

Doge wrote: »
    Dont pay in Amazons Euro rates. They give poor exchange rates.

And your bank charges you approximately 3% on top of the fair exchange rate...

Unless you use a Revolut card! :)

Mine charges 1.75%. So not sure which is better, still the bank probably.

• Advertisement
Advertisement