Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

invoicing and e-payments for my business

Options
  • 18-11-2015 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I’m looking for an invoicing and e-payments system. My accountant has recommended dueio.com and invoice2go.com.Has anyone here used either of them, or could they recommend another system that will allow my customers to pay my invoices electronically / online. I like the Pay Link that comes with dueio too, but i also like that invoice2go has a mobile app. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

dueio.com has been mentioned a good bit in the past hopefully a user will be able to post here later. At the moment I am trying out Wave looks pretty good so far but our needs are very simple just email invoice and link to pay. Not familiar with invoice2go but €109/year looks very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 iamphillyg

good stuff

Yeah i only need a simple solution too and dueio seems to do what i need. I also need to take card payment when i am out on a job on site and both dueio and invoice2go seem to do that, which means i will no longer need my Sum Up device too :-)I’ll give it a shot and let you know how i get on.

On a separate note, what rates and costs do shops and restaurants pay when they accept payment via their credit card terminal?

The rate varies massively depending on volume. There was a high volume trader on here not so long ago who was around 0.9% and 10c or something like that. Hopefully it comes down with the wholesale drop that is kicking in.

If you're using that deuio for payments you may as well just use stripe directly as that's who does it for them. I use stripe for some payments it's an excellent set up they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Hi Jimmii and iamphillyg,

Before i outline and explain a few things about dueio, i just want to clarify that i have a vested interest in dueio.com

Secondly, iamphillyg can you please drop me a PM and i will send you a discount code as we offer free (for life) accounts to all boards.ie members.

Stripe will only allow to process a card payment by logging into your Stripe account. dueio, which is powered by Stripe has several additional features:

01 - you can issue a simple 'click to pay' Invoice Link to your customer and they'll automatically receive an SMS and email with a simple link that allows them to pay you (the SMS and email are very effective and your customer does not have to give you their card details over the phone) e.g. - https://dueio.com/abc/invoice/?id=56045a461ade3

02 - if your customer does not pay you in time we'll send them automatic gentle reminders (again, our customer find this very effective)

03 - when your customer pays you, we'll automatically issue them a paid PDF receipt (therefore cutting down on your admin work too)

04 - when you sign up to dueio, you get to create your personalised Pay Link - e.g. - https://dueio.com/abc/ (you can share this link with anyone so that they can make a once off simple custom payment to you)

05 - you can open your Pay Link on your mobile to turn your mobile device into a mobile payment terminal

06 - your dashboard will provide you with an organised list of your invoices and payments, showing you who has paid / unpaid and viewed their invoice

07 - dueio will also allow you to set up recurring payments with your customers

Please let me know if you have any other questions, and if you would like to use dueio, please drop me a PM and i'll arrange a free account for you. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 iamphillyg

Thank you. This is exactly what i need, can you please send me a PM, cheers.

• Advertisement

Hi oo7,

With dueio can you invoice in different currencies or is it € only? Also is it for Irish businesses only or can UK companies use it too?

Thanks!

Hi Jimmii,

You can change your currency in your account settings to EUR, GBP, USD, AUD. All invoices are then issued using that currency.

We are currently working on integrating an option so that you can choose different currencies for different invoices.

Yes, UK businesses can use it too. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks Jimmii

oo7 wrote: »
    Hi Jimmii,

You can change your currency in your account settings to EUR, GBP, USD, AUD. All invoices are then issued using that currency.

We are currently working on integrating an option so that you can choose different currencies for different invoices.

Yes, UK businesses can use it too. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks Jimmii

Excellent thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TheFin

Wow!
    dueio.com payment partner charges 2.4% + 24c (+VAT) per successful charge.

versus

Invoice2go charges a fee of: 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction

Sounds expensive to me?

Thank you Fin.

We (dueio) are currently in talks with Stripe at the moment about a new lower transaction rate. We are confident that we will have a new reduced rate of 1.9% in place, in the very near future.

Also, here is a new video which demonstrates dueio and the benefits:

• Advertisement
Advertisement