Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepaid debit/credit cards

• 18-11-2015 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

have currently got the new 3money prepaid master card which used to be o2 card but 3 have took them over and what a scam that turned out to be. Does anyone know any other prepaid cards that are on offer that could be better than this piece of rubbish
    thx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭dohouch

I'm happy with Skrill formerly Moneybookers

🧐God wants us all to enjoy many,many ice-creams , IMHO🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Can I ask for advice for somebody I know who had an O2 money card in their name but a family member used it up to now? Now it's 3money, their own name is printed on the card AND there's a €1.25 monthly charge. That family member has special needs, and gets some pocketmoney uploaded onto the card every month (it was a 'special trip' to the O2 store, now 3, to put his money on the card), even with the €1 charge to do that, it was worth it. Amazon accepted it, and while eBay eventually banned it (he tried to pay when there was no money on the card, time and time again), it worked there too. Now it seems that 3 will just eat into their pocketmoney by €1.25 a month. I know they haven't registered the card yet, so I don't know if Amazon will allow them to put the new card (not in his name) on his account.

The Revolut card, while very good, seems to be a bit too 'high tech' as he doesn't have access to a smartphone (for his own good) and the App would be a step too far for him.

All my friends need is a prepaid credit card with no or very little fees. Topping up in a shop would be better, but an online top-up/standing charge would be doable. Any recommendations please.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

rosieirl wrote: »
    Can I ask for advice for somebody I know who had an O2 money card in their name but a family member used it up to now? Now it's 3money, their own name is printed on the card AND there's a €1.25 monthly charge. That family member has special needs, and gets some pocketmoney uploaded onto the card every month (it was a 'special trip' to the O2 store, now 3, to put his money on the card), even with the €1 charge to do that, it was worth it. Amazon accepted it, and while eBay eventually banned it (he tried to pay when there was no money on the card, time and time again), it worked there too. Now it seems that 3 will just eat into their pocketmoney by €1.25 a month. I know they haven't registered the card yet, so I don't know if Amazon will allow them to put the new card (not in his name) on his account.

The Revolut card, while very good, seems to be a bit too 'high tech' as he doesn't have access to a smartphone (for his own good) and the App would be a step too far for him.

All my friends need is a prepaid credit card with no or very little fees. Topping up in a shop would be better, but an online top-up/standing charge would be doable. Any recommendations please.

Hi,

Maybe this card might suit

http://www.swirlcard.com/costs.php?country=ie&language=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

josephsoap wrote: »

Not with the cost of that monster, they charge 2.95% (min 0.75€) for each transaction in addition to the cost of loading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

rosieirl wrote: »

If a family member put the app on their smartphone, the intended user would only need to be given the physical card. I've found the app is good for notifications of transactions, you can block/unblock the card using the app.

Advertisement