Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ufc fight pass

Options
  • 18-11-2015 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

has anybody used this? it says you get a 7 day free trial so im wondering can i use this free trial to watch mcgregor in ufc 194 that would be handy:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Doesn't work like that, Fight Pass is only for prelims & other old fights they have uploaded to the server.
    Main event PPV's are a separate purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mark085

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Doesn't work like that, Fight Pass is only for prelims & other old fights they have uploaded to the server.

can i watch the main card on it for an extra fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

mark085 wrote: »
    can i watch the main card on it for an extra fee?

Yeah, I think it costs about €18 or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

You will have to buy the Main card seperately for probably 17 euros (going by last weeks fight). but yeah you can try the 7 day trial and watch the prelims and early prelims.

Hope that helps.

Thats not bad I'll go whit that then
    Less hassle than getting bt sports in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Pulse8 wrote: »

All other fight cards are free bar the PPVs too for instance it would be wise of the OP to start his free trial on Thursday 10th if he was interested or more to the point doesn't have work the following day Rose v PVZ card then Friday 11th Tuf finale Mendes v Edgar card then 12th prelims of Aldo v McGregor....after that you'd have to purchase main card.

Cheers lad thats what I'll do thenðŸ‘Â

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

194 ppv should be about 15-16 euro then, think you can even order them through youtube now! one bit of advice ill give is pay for it, the stress of finding good streams isnt worth saving the few quid

Depp wrote: »
    194 ppv should be about 15-16 euro then, think you can even order them through youtube now! one bit of advice ill give is pay for it, the stress of finding good streams isnt worth saving the few quid

its just not worth it watching then grainy free streams

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jhaj

I'm Irish and currently living as a student in the UK. I just found out BT Sport block pay-per-views on Fight Pass over here?!?! Any of you guys got suggestions as to how I could watch 194?? I did try to block my proxy and use a US one but the US charge $59.99 to watch pay-per-views!!! It would nearly be cheaper for me to get a return ticket home to Ireland to watch it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Jhaj wrote: »
    I'm Irish and currently living as a student in the UK. I just found out BT Sport block pay-per-views on Fight Pass over here?!?! Any of you guys got suggestions as to how I could watch 194?? I did try to block my proxy and use a US one but the US charge $59.99 to watch pay-per-views!!! It would nearly be cheaper for me to get a return ticket home to Ireland to watch it!!!

I'm not exactly sure what your asking or stating but btsport show PPV events on either bts1 or 2. BTsport show all events(and pre lims) except the odd fight pass only events.

Devastator wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure what your asking or stating but btsport show PPV events on either bts1 or 2. BTsport show all events(and pre lims) except the odd fight pass only events.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. The main thing I should of pointed out was that I don't have BT Sport nor do I plan on getting it so I'm just wondering if there is any alternatives in waching UFC 194?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

btsport show PPV events on either bts1 or 2. BTsport show all events(and pre lims) except the odd fight pass only events.

Which is why they block all events on fightpass, as he said.

@Jhaj you options are;
    1. Get BT Sports
    2. Organise a VPN and hop it works on the night
    3. An illegal stream

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. The main thing I should of pointed out was that I don't have BT Sport nor do I plan on getting it so I'm just wondering if there is any alternatives in waching UFC 194?

oh I get what you mean now. Could ask some local bars to see if anywhere is showing it, or start making friends with people that have btsport, or if you could look into investing in a dodgy tv box that provides channels but I wouldn't know anything about that :pac:

Streams are not great, I've been stuck a few times and tried watching streams and they can be glitchy or just the general movement is slower(i.e punches look like they are slightly in slow motion)

Last extreme resort is get good night sleep, wake up about 8am, download it and make sure not to go online,watch tv, listen to the radio or read any text messages or anything so nobody can ruin it for you

edit - just on the tv boxes do any of the top up tv/freeview or the android(I think) tv boxes offer btsport? I know nothing about them but you could look into it

Last extreme resort is get good night sleep, wake up about 8am, download it and make sure not to go online,watch tv, listen to the radio or read any text messages or anything so nobody can ruin it for you

Thanks! I think I just may have to go with that... It's unbelievable how they can do that though?!?! Like if someone is willing to pay why can't the UFC allow it?!?!

edit - just on the tv boxes do any of the top up tv/freeview or the android(I think) tv boxes offer btsport? I know nothing about them but you could look into it

I must have a look into that. Thanks for the help!

Thanks! I think I just may have to go with that... It's unbelievable how they can do that though?!?! Like if someone is willing to pay why can't the UFC allow it?!?!

yeah its strange alright, I didnt realise they would/could block fightpass. Would going through a proxy server work? It basically makes it look like you're logging in from a different location/country. (I've done this on a subscription darts site before. Live darts on the site was blocked if it was on sky but going through the proxy and I got full live coverage)

You said you're a student yea? I'm sure there are plenty of other students that would be interested in watching it. Checkout the message board at the students union or post a message asking about it. Do these message boards still exist or maybe its all online nowadays? lol

yeah its strange alright, I didnt realise they would/could block fightpass. Would going through a proxy server work? It basically makes it look like you're logging in from a different location/country. (I've done this on a subscription darts site before. Live darts on the site was blocked if it was on sky but going through the proxy and I got full live coverage)

You said you're a student yea? I'm sure there are plenty of other students that would be interested in watching it. Checkout the message board at the students union or post a message asking about it. Do these message boards still exist or maybe its all online nowadays? lol

Thanks! Ha, yeah mostly online! :) I did try a proxy using the US but they are charging $59.99 to watch pay-per-view fights while Ireland charge around €20... Can't find a proxy for Ireland yet but I'll keep looking!

Thanks! Ha, yeah mostly online! :) I did try a proxy using the US but they are charging $59.99 to watch pay-per-view fights while Ireland are charge around €20... Can't find a proxy for Ireland yet but I'll keep looking!

Do'h its late and I'm tired, forgot it was PPV and was just thinking it was normal fight pass sub when I was thinking of using proxy. Good news is you've got some time but dont leave it too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's basically part of the agreement they have with BT sports.
    BY sports are paying the UFC millions for the broadcast rights in the UK. It's would be pretty shitty if the UFC then swooped in and sold the PPV in the UK too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

Lads/ladies im confused after reading some of the stuff above and over on ufc.tv FAQ so can you lot help clear my views on this..

I want to watch McGreggor vs Aldo and im willing to pay the 17 quid on ufc.tv to HD stream it live in my living room but whats this media blackout and BT sports having the rights? Will this affect me come fight time and all of a sudden im left watching a black screen?? Or am i over thinking this?

I plan on also getting the 7 day free trial and watching the prelims for UFC 194 before watching the main card through the PPV on ufc.tv

megabantz wrote: »
    Lads/ladies im confused after reading some of the stuff above and over on ufc.tv FAQ so can you lot help clear my views on this..

I want to watch McGreggor vs Aldo and im willing to pay the 17 quid on ufc.tv to HD stream it live in my living room but whats this media blackout and BT sports having the rights? Will this affect me come fight time and all of a sudden im left watching a black screen?? Or am i over thinking this?

I plan on also getting the 7 day free trial and watching the prelims for UFC 194 before watching the main card through the PPV on ufc.tv

As crazy as it is UFC 194 will only be blocked on UFC Fight Pass for those in the UK unfortunately thanks to BT Sport....

If your lucky enough to live in Ireland you'll have the freedom to watch UFC 194 on Fight Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

As crazy as it is UFC 194 will only be blocked on UFC Fight Pass for those in the UK unfortunately thanks to BT Sport....

If your lucky enough to live in Ireland you'll have the freedom to watch UFC 194 on Fight Pass.

Open to correction but I thinks it's only the prelims that will be available on Fight Pass in Ireland. The main card will cost about €16 if you want to watch it online.

I live in the states (just moved this year). Over here i have to pay 50 dollars for a UFC PPV event. Alternatively i will have to get Fox Sports 1 to watch most of the UFC fights. All main cards are exclusive to FOX or PPV. In order to avoid paying 50 bucks or FOX, i use unlocator.com. It charges a minimum monthly rate of 5 or 7 dollars but once you have that you get to buy the UFC 194 PPV for 17 euros. You also get to watch all the other non PPV ufc events for free too (Provided you are a fight pass member). IF you dont want to pay unlocator, just sign up for their free 7 day trial. Just dont forget to unsubscribe from them at the end of 7 days.

I am pretty sure unblockus will do the same but i havent tried it.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fight Pass is fantastic value IMO.

€7.99 a month, access to all non-PPV events in full and they're up ready to watch again almost straight away once the event has finished which is very handy if you fall asleep, all prelims of the PPV events, a cracking fight library and access to TV shows such as old episodes of The Ultimate Fighter etc.

Paully D wrote: »
    Fight Pass is fantastic value IMO.

€7.99 a month, access to all non-PPV events in full and they're up ready to watch again almost straight away once the event has finished which is very handy if you fall asleep, all prelims of the PPV events, a cracking fight library and access to TV shows such as old episodes of The Ultimate Fighter etc.

Most of that is on torrents for €0.00 a month.....better value again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Most of that is on torrents for €0.00 a month.....better value again :D

If you really love the sport what's the problem with supporting them for a small fee every month?

Fight pass is fantastic, other sports could do with catching up to it.

If you really love the sport what's the problem with supporting them for a small fee every month?

It depends on where you are. In some countries certain elements of fightpass are not accessible. For instance you can only watch the Fight pass prelims (not even the FOx prelims) of every ufc event. Old fight shows sometimes wont pop up in the fight library for months because of exclusive rights being owned by TV channels.

Dont get me wrong, its a great service for the money you pay. In ireland, at the moment you get the best deal but i am pretty sure it wont last for long and probably by next year this time some TV channel is going to get exclusive content like Fox sports in the states.

I know this from first hand experience as i paid for a 1 year subscription with fight pass earlier this year when i was in ireland and everything was brilliant but then i moved to the states in July and i felt like i was ripped off. Its ok now that i have a membership with unlocator but it sucks i have to spend extra couple of bucks for it.

:rolleyes: never said anything about there being any problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Ok so my plan is to start the 7 day trial or one month sub on the 10th and pay for the pay per view event. Sound good? it covers me for prelims and ufc 194?

Anybody here used fight pass before. Did you experience an lag with your connection?

Advertisement