Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you get Engraved on your iPad/iPod

• 18-11-2015 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭

Few years back I got an iPod from the missus for Christmas. I'm big U2 fan and she got it engraved for me with
    "How long to sing this song".... pretty good IMO.

Anyway, buying an iPad for myself and a few guys in work and wondering whether or not to get them engraved. I'll only do it, if I can come up with something appropriate and snappy.

One of the lads is a bot of a scrooge at Christmas time, we got him a black Santa hat one year! Was thinking of something along the lines of "Santa came this Christmas and all I got was this lousy iPad"

What you think? What did you get done and have you any good ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I would never engrave it as it would affect its resale value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

murpho999 wrote: »
    I would never engrave it as it would affect its resale value.

I'm not bothered about resale value thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

What about.. "I'm not bothered about resale value thanks"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Got a free iPod nano a while back which I knew I'd never use.

I got engraved "PROPERTY OF NED FLANDERS" on it. I laughed for a minute then immediately regretted it cause I could have sold it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Your phone no, in case you lose it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

"Here's an iPad, Happy Christmas, I hope you got me something as fu*kin expensive!"

😜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

I like to believe the urban myth that someone once entered "Nothing" into the box asking them what they wanted engraved on their iPad and got an iPad with "Nothing" engraved on the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

touts wrote: »
    I like to believe the urban myth that someone once entered "Nothing" into the box asking them what they wanted engraved on their iPad and got an iPad with "Nothing" engraved on the back.

you mean this :)

2184326-tumblr_ljglklSJKS1qewacoo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34 petertgtt

nothing, it's pointless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

touts wrote: »

Well believe it happens a lot as it's an automated process that's most likely not read by any person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Seve OB wrote: »
    Few years back I got an iPod from the missus for Christmas. I'm big U2 fan and she got it engraved for me with
    "How long to sing this song".... pretty good IMO.

Anyway, buying an iPad for myself and a few guys in work and wondering whether or not to get them engraved. I'll only do it, if I can come up with something appropriate and snappy.

One of the lads is a bot of a scrooge at Christmas time, we got him a black Santa hat one year! Was thinking of something along the lines of "Santa came this Christmas and all I got was this lousy iPad"

What you think? What did you get done and have you any good ideas?

Any jobs going in your place? How many are you buying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

On my child's first iPad

'The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Soppy as hell, but my wife's iPod (2nd gen Shuffle, around 2007), which I gave her as a present, has "You make my heart sing" on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

symbolic wrote: »
    What about.. "I'm not bothered about resale value thanks"

Loved that! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

We got one of my Dad's regular "utterances" - Apple had no problem with Feck - but wouldn't print Arse!!!!!!! :p

Advertisement