Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i become a lawyer if i have exemption from irish?

Options
  • 18-11-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

today my teacher told me that i cant become a lawyer because i dont do irish, i have exemption from irish because i only came to ireland at the age of 11. is this true? i always wanted to be a lawyer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

I suspect your teacher is incorrect. Ask to speak to the school guidance counsellor. Also take it on yourself to check with Blackhall Place and Kings Inns. This could be a good opportunity for you to develop skills in information gathering. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Trinity don't have Irish as one of their entry requirements, and also view Irish as essentially a foreign language.

While every other college might list it as part of their minimum requirements for admission, they should have it phrased as follows:
    For all courses in UCD, this must include Irish (unless exempt) and English.

Basically your teacher is wrong.
    bisset wrote: »
    I suspect your teacher is incorrect. Ask to speak to the school guidance counsellor.

Most school guidance teachers are idiots who will give you wrong information. If you want the right info, look it up yourself tbh.

Advertisement