Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Visio - Cheap/Basic Version Or Free Alternative?

Options
  • 18-11-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi. Searches reveal a similar thread from back in 2013, so I thought it best to ask this in a new thread.

I'm looking for either a cheap version of Visio, or something that will replace Visio. I had Visio on my laptop from when I used it for work - got made redundant, kept Visio on the laptop. Laptop recently died (sort of), and luckily was resurrected, but now I don't have my own copy of Visio to reinstall.

So what are my options? The only way I can find Visio seems to be to purchase a new copy (€400 - just out of reach for an unemployed man :rolleyes:). I've tried free trials of LucidChart and SmartDraw, but I don't really like either. I would of course adapt were I to purchase a full version, but if I'm buying anything, I'd like it to be Visio.

Is there a basic or student version of Visio that might suit the budget of the penniless?

Or is there a free (as in fully free - not a trial version) alternative to Visio?

While I initially began using Visio for the usual work applications, I came to use it for a few other things: planning my house extension, landscaping my garden, designing my AV system, designing a bunk bed/storage structure for my kids - that's the kind of thing I'm looking to use it for now.

FWIW, my version was Standard 2003, and I'd have no need for anything "better" or newer than that.

Tanks for any replies,

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Subscribe to Office 365 Pro and you'll get it for $13/mo (1yr at a time, 15 monthly).

Probably the best option for Visio itself.

Advertisement