Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam Website?

Options
  • 18-11-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

i purchased of this website yesterday but the confirmation email had very dodgy english and im worried i might have been ripped of...

Does anyone know of this website or know where i could find information on them,
    thanks

http://kenttdicentre.co.uk/

Thanks

B

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

One look at the front page should have told you that's a fake web site (wrong layout, everything at a discount, item names are odd, long shipping time, accepts Western Union payments, no contact phone number etc.)...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

May have dodgy English if the "Who is" is anything to go by....

kenttdicentre.co.uk is already registered*

Domain name:
    kenttdicentre.co.uk

Registrant:
    Salsa Ansari

Registrant type:
    Unknown

Registrant's address:
    20 Gartshore Crescent Twechar Glasgow
    London
    United Kingdom
    G65 9SY
    United Kingdom

Data validation:
    Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 25-Sep-2015

Registrar:
    PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com t/a PublicDomainRegistry.com [Tag = PDR-IN]
    URL: http://www.publicdomainregistry.com

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 23-Oct-2015
    Expiry date: 23-Oct-2016
    Last updated: 23-Oct-2015

Registration status:
    Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
    hostsir.earth.orderbox-dns.com
    hostsir.mars.orderbox-dns.com
    hostsir.mercury.orderbox-dns.com
    hostsir.venus.orderbox-dns.com

WHOIS lookup made at 20:52:31 18-Nov-2015

Sites payment section sounds ominous:

Home -> Payment -> Payment
    Payment
    Payment methods available in deemaxwell.com include:

1. Credit card payment online

2 .Western Union:
    www.westernunion.com It is the fasteset and easy payments method. Use your Credit Card or Debit Card to pay with Western Union. You can pay on Western Union Website: http://www.westernunion.com/. It just taking minutes to arrive. Please kindly inform us you sending full name, MTCN (money transfer control number) and exact amount, your detailed contact information once you arrange payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Nody wrote: »
    One look at the front page should have told you that's a fake web site...

In case your not convinced yet the payment page should confirm.

Apparently they accept MasterCard, that is until you go to the payment help page where it states only Visa, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

No landline or mailing address, no company name (just a load of generic nonsense) in the terms and conditions.

Even if the website was designed by an illiterate moron, the terms and conditions should make some sense and mention the company name and the fact that the contract between you and the vendor will be based on the laws of a specific country (usually theirs), none of which is contained in the Ts & Cs on that website.

Stay well away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

coylemj wrote: »

Stay well away.

Too late for the OP I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's an old URL, formerly owned by a motor dealer (Kent TDI Centre) in Gravesend .....

http://www.autocardealers.co.uk/company/kent-tdi-centre/

OP, how did you pay for your order? If by Visa then you will probably be able to do a chargeback, if you paid by Western Union then you will have no comeback, that's very much a one-way flow of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The order page where you put your credit/debit card details in is not secure, contact your bank and cancel your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

OP if you paid by credit card, I would recommend you cancel it. The website isn't secure - valid websites redirect to a secure payment vendor using SSL, or at the very least use SSL itself. So there is a good chance credit card details are being skimmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The order page where you put your credit/debit card details in is not secure, contact your bank and cancel your card.

That's the first thing I went to check but wasn't bothered signing up.

Cancel your card and charge back OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

if you used bank/credit card, id be getting onto the bank/provider pronto to stop payments!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

Sound, card cancelled, cheers everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

Rang aib card services, cash was in my account the next morning, thanks lads..

Advertisement